2012 LR WRX Premium - Work in progress - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 LR WRX Premium - Work in progress within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by lokey Is that a "hole" I see? Greg, Please refrain from dodging the swear filter...

I Support ClubWRX

Re: 2012 LR WRX Premium - Work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Is that a "hole" I see?
    Greg, Please refrain from dodging the swear filter
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hard to tell from the pics. Did you take the yellow side reflector out of the headlight? Is that a "hole" I see?
    Yes, I did take it out. Noones really pointed out that there appears to be a "hole" because it's missing.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Greg, Please refrain from dodging the swear filter
    Sorry, Masterator. I was just eye-balling his hole.
    * * COMPLETE PART-OUT STARTS FRIDAY, AUG 1, 2014. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Sorry, Masterator. I was just eye-balling his hole.
    Leave my hole alone!

Looks sick. I should have looked at the red in person, because it is really growing on me. Too bad they stopped making it
    2012 SWP WRX Premium
    35% tint and that's all she wrote

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by radbitt View Post
    I bought my 2012 WRX in January of 2012.

I soon picked up some Rally Armor Mudflaps and had a local place do 30% tint all around.

I wasn't big on the chrome headlights, so I decided to open them up and paint them. It was a little bit of a process, but well worth it in the end. I also plastidipped the chrome window trim and installed an Accessport, my rear flaps and some slim window visors.

As far as future plans go; I have a Kartboy Short Shifter, and bushings, waiting to be installed. I'm also going to be saving up for suspension. Most likely going to go with the GTWorx/Bilstein kit. Can't wait to continue modding!

I'll try to get some better pictures soon.

I really like the way the window trim and the headlights look. I am planning on "de-chroming" my car in the near future. You said it was a bit of a process for the headlights, about how long did it take?
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    I really like the way the window trim and the headlights look. I am planning on "de-chroming" my car in the near future. You said it was a bit of a process for the headlights, about how long did it take?
    If you include waiting for paint to dry between coats, problably around 5 hours. Had to take off the front bumper, take off the headlights, throw them both in the oven for 15 minutes, disassemble them, then paint. After a few coats of paint and some drying time, you basically do it all in reverse. I would recommend doing hella horns, foglight overlays (or painting), and grill debadging while you have the bumper off. Would give you more to do while waiting for paint to dry and make it more worthwhile if you plan on doing those things anyways.

I Support ClubWRX

2012 LR WRX Premium - Work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by radbitt View Post
    If you include waiting for paint to dry between coats, problably around 5 hours. Had to take off the front bumper, take off the headlights, throw them both in the oven for 15 minutes, disassemble them, then paint. After a few coats of paint and some drying time, you basically do it all in reverse. I would recommend doing hella horns, foglight overlays (or painting), and grill debadging while you have the bumper off. Would give you more to do while waiting for paint to dry and make it more worthwhile if you plan on doing those things anyways.
    Sounds like quite a process, but looks like its worth it. Maybe this spring when it's warmer out I can do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

what did you use to paint the chrome of the headlights?

Nice job on the lights i like the way it looks! I wonder tho if painting the chrome reflectors if it makes them not as bright?

Quote Originally Posted by olenderc View Post
    what did you use to paint the chrome of the headlights?
    Think it was just some Krylon Fusion from Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zman13 View Post
    Nice job on the lights i like the way it looks! I wonder tho if painting the chrome reflectors if it makes them not as bright?
    I didn't notice any decrease in light projection. I honestly don't think the bezel around the low beams does much reflecting anyways. My highbeams/DRLs still have the chrome reflector around them, as that piece isn't part of the housing that I painted.

Couple pics of winter-mode. Had to rip my tint off because it failed inspection

I Support ClubWRX
    Sucks about the tint
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Car looks great! Never been a huge visor fan but those slims look awesome!

I need to plasti dip my chrome trip as well, how long did that take? I've read that you have to pull the tape off while it's still wet, then re-tape and repeat for each coat. Did you do this or did you just do all your coats then wait til dry?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGoalie View Post
    Car looks great! Never been a huge visor fan but those slims look awesome!

I need to plasti dip my chrome trip as well, how long did that take? I've read that you have to pull the tape off while it's still wet, then re-tape and repeat for each coat. Did you do this or did you just do all your coats then wait til dry?
    Thanks a lot!

Dipping the trim took maybe 2 hours per side, but I took my time. I did do it like you said and take tape off between coats. I did 1 light coat and 2 heavier coats and it's held up well. So you don't have to do a complete masking again, I'd recommend laying all your tape down first, then use a thin painters tape to just get the fine masking all set. Now when you do a coat, you can take the thin masking off but leave the main stuff on. Still kind of tedious, but no point in pulling a ton of tape of between each coat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast