My 2011 OBP STi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 OBP STi within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Pics......

I Support ClubWRX
    Pics...

Last edited by 11blackSTi; 05-04-2014 at 07:26 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How exactly did you go about getting 500 dollars from SOA for the paint. What did your conversation go like? I agree, the paint is pretty crappy and it seems you got compensation for it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by olenderc View Post
    How exactly did you go about getting 500 dollars from SOA for the paint. What did your conversation go like? I agree, the paint is pretty crappy and it seems you got compensation for it?
    I called up Subaru of America and sent them pictures of the chipping and also sent them a quote from my autobody shop to have the hood/pillars repainted and they sent me back a response saying that as a good will gesture they would reimburse me $500 of the amount of the $625 quote. Ever hear of the squeaky wheel getting the grease? If you just listen to everyone telling you that SOA won't do anything and accept that without trying then they certainly won't do anything fory you. I have found different on more than one occasion.

I suggest cold air intake.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Wrong thread but thanks...I was actually thinking of just trading straight up for a v-6 honda accord.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Wrong thread but thanks...I was actually thinking of just trading straight up for a v-6 honda accord.
    Mad fast racecar there bro.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Mad fast racecar there bro.
    Yeah I'll get an upgraded vtec and blast every subaru I see. And then record it and post it here because I know everyone will enjoy it

Yeah I'll get an upgraded vtec and blast every subaru I see. And then record it and post it here because I know everyone will enjoy it
    Excellent decision. Car looks great!

I Support ClubWRX
    Wheels. Can't post pics on here for some reason.

Last edited by 11blackSTi; 05-04-2014 at 07:27 PM.

I Support ClubWRX

My 2011 OBP STi

Wheels. Can't post pics on here for some reason. Link below.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1084179...res?feat=email

Can't wait to post pic's of them on the car this spring!
    Those are so sick. Jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

When you got the color changing LED DRL/turn signal, did you unplug your original DRLs? And did you have to re-work the wiring to make that bulb be your DRL?

I Support ClubWRX
    The DRL's are just PIAA bulbs (plasma gtx), but the turn signals are a dual colored LED bulb that burn white except when you put your blinker on, at which point they blink amber. I posted a link earlier to them. Straight replacement bulb, no modifications to any wiring at all. The turn signal bulb is more difficult to access than the DRL's though.

So when they burn white, are those now your DRLs? Or are they just your parking lights?

My 2011 OBP STi

Got them powder coated. They had some pretty severe curb rash and they fixed that all up good as new. Couldn't be happier with how they came out!
    Hey man, I am looking to possibly do the "shadow" effect as well. How much for the powder coat? Is it long lasting? I thought I was going to be required to purchase black rims
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    Hey man, I am looking to possibly do the "shadow" effect as well. How much for the powder coat? Is it long lasting? I thought I was going to be required to purchase black rims
    I paid $400 to get all four wheels powder coated. I went to a really good powder coater because I didn't want to pay for garbage. You can get it done for $50/wheel, but they are most likely just putting a coat of powder on over the painted wheels, which won't hold up as long. For my wheels, they had a painted surface, so he had to take the paint off first, which required some sandblasting. He was able to grind out the curb rash that I had incurred over the last two years. Then he did two coats of powder. He did a great job and they came out looking amazing and like brand new wheels. These are now my dedicated winter wheels. So far this winter they have held up beautifully.

If your wheels are brand new and you have no curb rash you can probably do it for less than I did. Totally worth it though!
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 02-15-2013 at 02:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.