My 2011 OBP STi - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 OBP STi within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TownLine500 You gotta tell me are they that good? KBM products are no joke, if you can ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500
    You gotta tell me are they that good?
    KBM products are no joke, if you can swing the cost.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    KBM products are no joke, if you can swing the cost.
    But $2000 plus install good?
    I do pay for quality I have heard them, I got to hear 11blackSTIs opinion once they are on. What do you have on yours?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    That is sick Bro siccckkk!!!
    What did it run you if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm shopping for mine now. I talked to Kristen at Killer B she said if I ordered now I would get them in October. They are $1400 plus coating. Are you wrapping them or getting them coated? I'm gonna send mine to Swain in NY they said about $285 for WhiteLightning coated. I found them at other dealers for $1700 plus and then still have to pay to get coated. You gotta tell me are they that good?
    Well for me the real big deciding factor was that they are 321 steel and they will stand behind their products for the "life of the original purchaser." You can wrap them (which i'll probably do), and you don't lose that guarantee. This car sees winter, and I have seen what winter can do to 304 "stainless steel." Plus, I like the design and I am happy to support good companies doing good things. The money is not a big deal, so I figured I would go for it. I have been eyeing the killer b headers for a long time and figured I'd just get them rather than regret not getting them later on. They probably won't yield much more gain than an invidia or perrin set up on my stock turbo, but the reasons I decided are listed above. I don't think I will regret getting these over the other options out there. I am happy I consulted with some of the senior members on here and they tolerated my back and forth and gave me solid advice. My only regret in the decision is that I was not able to support some of the smaller vendors that contribute much more than selling parts, but real honest consultation on what direction you want to go with your car. The headers are not easy to come by so I had to go with a larger vendor. When it was all said and done, I think I got a pretty good deal. I got some free-bee's tossed in to sweeten the deal, but when the buy button was pressed, there was a good amount of money that moved. But...well you get the point. I would say that you probably won't get a super insane deal on the headers, because they are in limited supply right now, but if you are hooked up with a wholesale vendor who can get Killer B products, then you might get a decent deal. Otherwise, I would say expect to pay about what you are thinking. The difference you are probably seeing in the $1400 and $1700 is that they offer a traditional internal waste gate setup, and a external waste gate set up (that comes with the EWG up pipe). They also offer at 2 bolt set up that is slightly cheaper and you can use you own up pipe (and a DIY rotated kit too, not sure on the prices on those).

I Support ClubWRX
    But $2000 plus install good?
    I do pay for quality I have heard them, I got to hear 11blackSTIs opinion once they are on. What do you have on yours?
    I'll install a manifold/uppipe for a 12-pack and a couple good cigars split between me and the owner...

KBM wasn't available when I did my manifold / EWG setup.
    Last edited by EJ257; 07-31-2014 at 05:01 PM.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    That's what I'm talking about. Your advice is very sound. I don't have any problem spending the money on them, but because I grew up without a lot money 11blackSTI you've heard the story. So my thing is to spend a high premium, on ultra quality parts I have to justify the price. As strange as that may sound. Are you going to get them coated? ( The warranty is still good with Swain coat.) Will the stock plastic shroud still fit on the bottom? And will the Swaincoat stop plastic from melting? I value your opinion.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    Supper Jelly, can't wait to find out how this is going to turn out!
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    That's what I'm talking about. Your advice is very sound. I don't have any problem spending the money on them, but because I grew up without a lot money 11blackSTI you've heard the story. So my thing is to spend a high premium, on ultra quality parts I have to justify the price. As strange as that may sound. Are you going to get them coated? ( The warranty is still good with Swain coat.) Will the stock plastic shroud still fit on the bottom? And will the Swaincoat stop plastic from melting? I value your opinion.
    I understand, and I also don't like to throw money around (too) recklessly...I have a good job and get paid well, and worked hard to get where I'm at, so I like to enjoy some of the fruits of my hard work

I'll probably wrap them, but I have not decided yet. I am not going to get them coated. I have a little bit to think about it because they are on order right now and don't get to the vendor until August 6th, and then they ship to me.

If I had to stretch at all to afford the headers, I would have gone with invidia, because performance-wise on my stock turbo, there won't be a huge difference. But enough money talk...I'm super stoked about these headers and can't wait to get them installed!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I'll install a manifold/uppipe for a 12-pack and a couple good cigars split between me and the owner...

KBM wasn't available when I did my manifold / EWG setup.
    Wish you were closer Matty!

Luckily I have a good buddy up here who has a performance shop and helps me out with all the tools and whatnot that I need...Lots of beer shared on install days

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I understand, and I also don't like to throw money around (too) recklessly...I have a good job and get paid well, and worked hard to get where I'm at, so I like to enjoy some of the fruits of my hard work

I'll probably wrap them, but I have not decided yet. I am not going to get them coated. I have a little bit to think about it because they are on order right now and don't get to the vendor until August 6th, and then they ship to me.

If I had to stretch at all to afford the headers, I would have gone with invidia, because performance-wise on my stock turbo, there won't be a huge difference. But enough money talk...I'm super stoked about these headers and can't wait to get them installed!
    I think you sold me on the Killer B. With those do I need an external waste gate? As I build up car Process West TMIC injectors DW65c fuel pump BPV wideband 02 sensor should I go EWG My friend Runs a Lous Custom Exhaust,( I don't know if they are in Maine yet) if factory wastegate is sufficient which header do I get? My turbo is factory so I don't think it's rotated. I appreciate your help and advice.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you sold me on the Killer B. With those do I need an external waste gate? As I build up car Process West TMIC injectors DW65c fuel pump BPV wideband 02 sensor should I go EWG My friend Runs a Lous Custom Exhaust,( I don't know if they are in Maine yet) if factory wastegate is sufficient which header do I get? My turbo is factory so I don't think it's rotated. I appreciate your help and advice.
    The "backstory" which I don't know about tells me you should not spend KBM money on that stuff...you'd be better off with less expensive items.

Regardless, this isn't for Craigs build thread...create your own thread if you want advice on your build.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi
    Wish you were closer Matty!
    I'm not all that far, considering.

I wish for a lot of things...I can't even DIY oil change at my place. Well, according to my lease, I can't, but the community doesn't appear to take issue with the Camaro SS next door to me with drain pans under it while parked in a handicapped space, but that's another story :unamused:
    Last edited by EJ257; 07-31-2014 at 06:51 PM.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Wrong section my bad
    Last edited by TownLine500; 08-01-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    Bump
    for what?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    snapped a couple crappy quality iPhone photos.

I Support ClubWRX
    I love that black, but a bi_ch to keep clean.
    Now you need some black Oem rain guards.
    Keep the pics coming.
    Last edited by TownLine500; 08-17-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    Fresh delivery!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.