My 2011 OBP STi - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 OBP STi within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Did a little work over the weekend. First off took out the stock propellor shaft mount bushings. And replaced them ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Did a little work over the weekend.

First off took out the stock propellor shaft mount bushings.

And replaced them with these ones...

Then replaced the pitching stopper mount (stock on right obv, beatrush on the left).

Super easy mods and made a nice difference in drivetrain feel. Increase in NVH, but I like it. Becauseracecar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Good stuff bud, lookin' good!

I Support ClubWRX
    Mmmm Beatrush...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Got my WC Lathe Werks STi Sphere and matching STi dial cover in! Looks awesome, and with the extra weight of the knob, it really gives a nice feeling to shifting. I would say it dropped the hand position at least a half inch if not more. This coupled with the kartboy front/rear shifter stay bushings, and TiC Pivot and Linkage bushings makes shifting incredible!

Your knob looks good. I bet it feels great in your hand...wish I could feel it

All kidding aside, I had an aluminum sphere with brass inserts from WC on my last two STIs (same knob, always kept it) and I too loved it. I like how it lowered the height a bit because the STI shifter sits high as hell, even when replaced with a short shifter.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Your knob looks good. I bet it feels great in your hand...wish I could feel it

All kidding aside, I had an aluminum sphere with brass inserts from WC on my last two STIs (same knob, always kept it) and I too loved it. I like how it lowered the height a bit because the STI shifter sits high as hell, even when replaced with a short shifter.
    Any time you want my knob in your hand...(we'll leave it at that)

But seriously. I am truly impressed by the customer service and craftsmanship when it comes to the WC Lathe Werks products. I have never seen such attention to detail on such a seemingly basic item, which goes a long way to make the driving experience much more enjoyable. Absolutely no complaints...all praise. I will admit the price is higher than other companies, but well worth it in my opinion. Plus, I like knowing I am supporting a small business owner, who is being innovative in an area that has been quite mundane (IMO).

I Support ClubWRX
    Visited my camp today and took a photo in front of the garage my grandfather build back in the 1950's.

I Support ClubWRX
    Can't believe it, but 60K maintenance is coming up! Hopefully be getting it done this weekend, and maybe a few extras as well

Propeller shaft mounts? Never heard of these, what do they do? Where do they go? etc.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Propeller shaft mounts? Never heard of these, what do they do? Where do they go? etc.
    They replace the stock rubber bushings with aluminum ones that are supposed to prevent propeller shaft from moving during acceleration and deceleration. I noticed a subtle improvement in throttle input/feel, but it was hard to say just on these alone, as I also did the pitch stop and pivot/linkage bushings at the same time. It was an easy install though, and looking at the stock bushings compared to these ones made me happy I did them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Busy day coming up...

Just got,
    -Subaru Super Coolant/plus system conditioner
    -OEM Cabin Filter
    -Subaru 75W90 Extra-S Gear/Tran Fluid
    -Subaru Hypoid LSD Oil
    -Amsoil 5w30 synth
    -Wix (NAPA) Platinum Oil Filter
    -NKG Spark Plugs
    -DW65 pump is going in (since the filter has to be changed anyway)

Brake stuff was done a while back, so assuming the pads look ok nothing should need to be done there. If I have extra time thinking of tackling the diff inserts, positive steering/steering rack bushings.

After this I'll hopefully nail down a date for the pro-tune and get the rest of my "stage 3" stuff on...The longer I wait the more likely something else will be added to the stage 3 plan...All this talk about killer b has got me thinking.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Can't believe it, but 60K maintenance is coming up! Hopefully be getting it done this weekend, and maybe a few extras as well
    Wow 60,000. Proof that some things get better with age. Because of my ankle injury and not driving my car for a couple months. I just hit 6,300 miles on my 13 WRX. It's nice to have low miles( I got it new) but at the same time this is summer fun time. It's almost embarrassing having not driven the car that much. But it is great for trade in when I decide to get STI.
    2013 WRX Stage2 Cobb DP Cobb AF intake Cobb airbox DEI reflectagold Invida N1 cat back GrimSpeed heatshield PTP turbo blanket AP Tuner custom pro tune 291 WHP 320 torque. Subaru WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Busy day coming up...

Just got,
    -Subaru Super Coolant/plus system conditioner
    -OEM Cabin Filter
    -Subaru 75W90 Extra-S Gear/Tran Fluid
    -Subaru Hypoid LSD Oil
    -Amsoil 5w30 synth
    -Wix (NAPA) Platinum Oil Filter
    -NKG Spark Plugs
    -DW65 pump is going in (since the filter has to be changed anyway)

Brake stuff was done a while back, so assuming the pads look ok nothing should need to be done there. If I have extra time thinking of tackling the diff inserts, positive steering/steering rack bushings.

After this I'll hopefully nail down a date for the pro-tune and get the rest of my "stage 3" stuff on...The longer I wait the more likely something else will be added to the stage 3 plan...All this talk about killer b has got me thinking.
    That's always the way it goes with upgrading stages. The more you think the more you add. I'm looking at roughly $5,500 to go stage 3 and the more I read and the more time I talk to you guys the more that gets added to the build. It might be time for me to start a build thread. Do you have a build thread?? 11blackSTi, the more I read your posts the more I want to follow your progress it gets me motivated.
    Your a New Englander what do you run for tires summer and winter?? I have Dunlop factory for summer(will upgrade at some point) and top of the line Yokohamas for winter. Each set is complete wheels and tires.
    2013 WRX Stage2 Cobb DP Cobb AF intake Cobb airbox DEI reflectagold Invida N1 cat back GrimSpeed heatshield PTP turbo blanket AP Tuner custom pro tune 291 WHP 320 torque. Subaru WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Do you have a build thread??
    Yeah ummmm about that.... I don't think he has a build thread..... *cough*
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Nice. How do you like that Beatrush Stopper Mount? I'm ordering one soon.