My 2011 OBP STi - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 OBP STi within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Visited my camp today and took a photo in front of the garage my grandfather build back in the 1950's....

I Support ClubWRX
    Visited my camp today and took a photo in front of the garage my grandfather build back in the 1950's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Propeller shaft mounts? Never heard of these, what do they do? Where do they go? etc.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Propeller shaft mounts? Never heard of these, what do they do? Where do they go? etc.
    They replace the stock rubber bushings with aluminum ones that are supposed to prevent propeller shaft from moving during acceleration and deceleration. I noticed a subtle improvement in throttle input/feel, but it was hard to say just on these alone, as I also did the pitch stop and pivot/linkage bushings at the same time. It was an easy install though, and looking at the stock bushings compared to these ones made me happy I did them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Busy day coming up...

Just got,
    -Subaru Super Coolant/plus system conditioner
    -OEM Cabin Filter
    -Subaru 75W90 Extra-S Gear/Tran Fluid
    -Subaru Hypoid LSD Oil
    -Amsoil 5w30 synth
    -Wix (NAPA) Platinum Oil Filter
    -NKG Spark Plugs
    -DW65 pump is going in (since the filter has to be changed anyway)

Brake stuff was done a while back, so assuming the pads look ok nothing should need to be done there. If I have extra time thinking of tackling the diff inserts, positive steering/steering rack bushings.

After this I'll hopefully nail down a date for the pro-tune and get the rest of my "stage 3" stuff on...The longer I wait the more likely something else will be added to the stage 3 plan...All this talk about killer b has got me thinking.

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Can't believe it, but 60K maintenance is coming up! Hopefully be getting it done this weekend, and maybe a few extras as well
    Wow 60,000. Proof that some things get better with age. Because of my ankle injury and not driving my car for a couple months. I just hit 6,300 miles on my 13 WRX. It's nice to have low miles( I got it new) but at the same time this is summer fun time. It's almost embarrassing having not driven the car that much. But it is great for trade in when I decide to get STI.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Busy day coming up...

Just got,
    -Subaru Super Coolant/plus system conditioner
    -OEM Cabin Filter
    -Subaru 75W90 Extra-S Gear/Tran Fluid
    -Subaru Hypoid LSD Oil
    -Amsoil 5w30 synth
    -Wix (NAPA) Platinum Oil Filter
    -NKG Spark Plugs
    -DW65 pump is going in (since the filter has to be changed anyway)

Brake stuff was done a while back, so assuming the pads look ok nothing should need to be done there. If I have extra time thinking of tackling the diff inserts, positive steering/steering rack bushings.

After this I'll hopefully nail down a date for the pro-tune and get the rest of my "stage 3" stuff on...The longer I wait the more likely something else will be added to the stage 3 plan...All this talk about killer b has got me thinking.
    That's always the way it goes with upgrading stages. The more you think the more you add. I'm looking at roughly $5,500 to go stage 3 and the more I read and the more time I talk to you guys the more that gets added to the build. It might be time for me to start a build thread. Do you have a build thread?? 11blackSTi, the more I read your posts the more I want to follow your progress it gets me motivated.
    Your a New Englander what do you run for tires summer and winter?? I have Dunlop factory for summer(will upgrade at some point) and top of the line Yokohamas for winter. Each set is complete wheels and tires.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Do you have a build thread??
    Yeah ummmm about that.... I don't think he has a build thread..... *cough*
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Nice. How do you like that Beatrush Stopper Mount? I'm ordering one soon.

I Support ClubWRX
    That's always the way it goes with upgrading stages. The more you think the more you add. I'm looking at roughly $5,500 to go stage 3 and the more I read and the more time I talk to you guys the more that gets added to the build. It might be time for me to start a build thread. Do you have a build thread?? 11blackSTi, the more I read your posts the more I want to follow your progress it gets me motivated.
    Your a New Englander what do you run for tires summer and winter?? I have Dunlop factory for summer(will upgrade at some point) and top of the line Yokohamas for winter. Each set is complete wheels and tires.
    haha yes I do have a build thread...I am using this as a build thread. It started off as just a "show off my car" thread, but evolved into a build thread (see my first post in this thread for details). Being a new Englander, I do run two separate sets of tires/wheels. I have the stock enkei's (powdercoated black) with Blizzaks (245/40/18) that I run in the winter, and then a set of enkei PF01's (18x9 + 45 offset) with Michelin Pilot Super Sports (255/35/18) that I run in the summer. The Blizzaks saw their last winter this past season, and were good tires (great for the first year then went downhill slightly). They will be replaced with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2's. The Michelin Pilot Super Sports...I can't say enough good things about them...Hands down best tires I have ever driven on. I am a fan of Michelin, and also run them on my bike (Power 3's).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    I absolutely love it. It definitely makes a big difference (especially noticeable when engine braking/downshifting). I am a fan of their products. I am putting a beatrush transmission mount on soon (I have it), and almost went with the engine mounts too, but went with Group N's instead, as I had been advised the beatrush engine mounts are almost unbearable NVH. I don't mind NVH, but I think when my current lineup of bushings/mounts is complete it will be adequately racecar sounding

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post

How easy was instal 11blackSTI, can it be done with just a socket set? I have almost no tools at home. I usually go to my buddies shop in Quincy. Would like to be able to do some things myself. I would invest in tools but that would slow down my build I just beg and borrow tools to get by. By the way good call on that Swaintech white lighting coating, to go on killer b headers. I'm gonna have to sell a kidney but well worth it.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    How easy was instal 11blackSTI, can it be done with just a socket set? I have almost no tools at home. I usually go to my buddies shop in Quincy. Would like to be able to do some things myself. I would invest in tools but that would slow down my build I just beg and borrow tools to get by. By the way good call on that Swaintech white lighting coating, to go on killer b headers. I'm gonna have to sell a kidney but well worth it.
    Assuming you have the correct size's then yes. It is a very easy install. It can be done in less than 15 minutes...The potentially hardest part is getting the top mount intercooler back on (which I struggled with a little the first few times to get it lined up perfectly). I would say this is definitely an install that can be done as a beginner. This is a good install video to walk you through the process --->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18LdD2a9iI

I Support ClubWRX
    Finally pulled the trigger on a header/EWG set up.

Tial MV-S Wastegate 38mm

Killer B Motorsport 4-1 Holy Header w/EWG Up pipe

Can't wait for them to get here and ON MY CAR. Then it will finally be time to get the thing pro-tuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet dude...I'm mad jealous on the Killer B setup, I just didn't have the funds for it. Can't wait to see what numbers you put down!

I Support ClubWRX
    That is sick Bro siccckkk!!!
    What did it run you if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm shopping for mine now. I talked to Kristen at Killer B she said if I ordered now I would get them in October. They are $1400 plus coating. Are you wrapping them or getting them coated? I'm gonna send mine to Swain in NY they said about $285 for WhiteLightning coated. I found them at other dealers for $1700 plus and then still have to pay to get coated. You gotta tell me are they that good?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx