My 2011 OBP STi - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 203

This is a discussion on My 2011 OBP STi within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thanks guys! Yeah you gotta be careful backing up with the taillight overlays!...

  1. #151
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    2,696
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks guys! Yeah you gotta be careful backing up with the taillight overlays!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #152
    Registered User McBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    789
    Hey man, how do you like your turboxs setup? for me it will be either the same TBE setup you have or an Invidia! Have you had any experience with both?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

  4. #153
    Registered User WRXilie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    110
    Great looking car you got there! I love these cars in black but they are truly a pain to keep clean.
    Stage 2 2012 OBP Subaru WRX

  5. #154
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,643
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill
    Hey man, how do you like your turboxs setup? for me it will be either the same TBE setup you have or an Invidia! Have you had any experience with both?
    TurboXS is a bit on the loud/raspy side. The Invidia Q300 is milder and doesn't have the drone issues on the sedan it has on the hatch.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  6. #155
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    2,696
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Hey man, how do you like your turboxs setup? for me it will be either the same TBE setup you have or an Invidia! Have you had any experience with both?
    I have had some experience with invidia. Not on my personal car but heard the invidia (q300) in a car during a drive in with a local guy here. The invidia was on a wrx and I have an STi, but they will sound the same on both cars. My impression with the invidia was that it was excellent quality. It was constructed beautifully and I was told that the fit was spot on. It seemed just slightly too loud for my taste. But overall, it is an exceptional exhaust system and would highly recommend it to anyone.

    As far as the turboxs it was exactly what I was looking for. It is not that loud at idle, but you certainly notice a deeper tone to it. Same with cruising around, and I have basically no drone at all. When you go wide open throttle you can hear a big difference. But again, it is not obnoxious. The build and material quality is top notch and it fit into place with very little effort. I am extremely happy with it and think it looks and sounds awesome. Fills in the back of the bumper nicely. I would definitely recommend this exhaust.

    Overall recommendation though is to hear them both in person if you can. I do kind of like the fact that less people have my exhaust than the invidia, but that's kind of a stupid thing to like. Invidia is popular for a reason. Whatever you end up going with I would recommend getting aftermarket exhaust hangers. Also, fasttuningproducts gave me a sweet deal.

  7. #156
    Registered User poi88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    STi and the foliage (after the wind blew most of the leaves off the trees).

    Makes me wish my car was black

  8. #157
    Registered User McBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I have had some experience with invidia. Not on my personal car but heard the invidia (q300) in a car during a drive in with a local guy here. The invidia was on a wrx and I have an STi, but they will sound the same on both cars. My impression with the invidia was that it was excellent quality. It was constructed beautifully and I was told that the fit was spot on. It seemed just slightly too loud for my taste. But overall, it is an exceptional exhaust system and would highly recommend it to anyone.

    As far as the turboxs it was exactly what I was looking for. It is not that loud at idle, but you certainly notice a deeper tone to it. Same with cruising around, and I have basically no drone at all. When you go wide open throttle you can hear a big difference. But again, it is not obnoxious. The build and material quality is top notch and it fit into place with very little effort. I am extremely happy with it and think it looks and sounds awesome. Fills in the back of the bumper nicely. I would definitely recommend this exhaust.

    Overall recommendation though is to hear them both in person if you can. I do kind of like the fact that less people have my exhaust than the invidia, but that's kind of a stupid thing to like. Invidia is popular for a reason. Whatever you end up going with I would recommend getting aftermarket exhaust hangers. Also, fasttuningproducts gave me a sweet deal.
    Thanks for the write up! Definitely helpful. I'm not sure if I will have the opportunity to hear both of the two though in person unfortunately.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

  9. #158
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    2,696
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Thanks for the write up! Definitely helpful. I'm not sure if I will have the opportunity to hear both of the two though in person unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    TurboXS is a bit on the loud/raspy side. The Invidia Q300 is milder and doesn't have the drone issues on the sedan it has on the hatch.
    Yes I agree loud and raspy on the older generation TXS systems. The newer generation Quad Touring though is much more mellow. Q300 is a great exhaust for sure. I actually found the Q slightly louder than the Quad Touring TXS.

  10. #159
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    2,696
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by poi88 View Post
    Makes me wish my car was black
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXilie View Post
    Great looking car you got there! I love these cars in black but they are truly a pain to keep clean.
    What WRXilie said!

    I love the black. Looks great when clean. Key being WHEN clean, which is not that often

  11. #160
    Registered User McBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    789
    does the TurboXS have burnt tips?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

  12. #161
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    2,696
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    does the TurboXS have burnt tips?
    They do come with burnt tips if you want to. I have the burnt tips.

  13. #162
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    2,696
    I Support ClubWRX
    Got some new parts on the way from WTF tuning (first official "tuning products" customer btw). Should be a fun spring
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 02-08-2014 at 06:24 PM.

  14. #163
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,619
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Got some new parts on the way from WTF tuning (first official "tuning products" customer btw). Should be a fun spring
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  15. #164
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    2,696
    I Support ClubWRX
    Its been a long winter thus far for the STi, and we are not all the way through yet...



    But I have some parts waiting for her this spring to make up for the abuse

    First up...ETS Top Mount Intercooler (thank you WTF Tuning)



    Second up...Injector Dynamics 1000cc Fuel Injectors (thank you WTF Tuning)



    3rd in line...DW 65C Fuel Pump.



    And lastly...GS EBCS.

    (picture to come...imgur is being an asshat...you all know what they look like anyway)

    More parts to come before spring!

  16. #165
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Portland, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    79
    post pics after the install!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •