My 2011 OBP STi - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 OBP STi within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 11blackSTi I have had some experience with invidia. Not on my personal car but heard the invidia ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I have had some experience with invidia. Not on my personal car but heard the invidia (q300) in a car during a drive in with a local guy here. The invidia was on a wrx and I have an STi, but they will sound the same on both cars. My impression with the invidia was that it was excellent quality. It was constructed beautifully and I was told that the fit was spot on. It seemed just slightly too loud for my taste. But overall, it is an exceptional exhaust system and would highly recommend it to anyone.

As far as the turboxs it was exactly what I was looking for. It is not that loud at idle, but you certainly notice a deeper tone to it. Same with cruising around, and I have basically no drone at all. When you go wide open throttle you can hear a big difference. But again, it is not obnoxious. The build and material quality is top notch and it fit into place with very little effort. I am extremely happy with it and think it looks and sounds awesome. Fills in the back of the bumper nicely. I would definitely recommend this exhaust.

Overall recommendation though is to hear them both in person if you can. I do kind of like the fact that less people have my exhaust than the invidia, but that's kind of a stupid thing to like. Invidia is popular for a reason. Whatever you end up going with I would recommend getting aftermarket exhaust hangers. Also, fasttuningproducts gave me a sweet deal.
    Thanks for the write up! Definitely helpful. I'm not sure if I will have the opportunity to hear both of the two though in person unfortunately.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Thanks for the write up! Definitely helpful. I'm not sure if I will have the opportunity to hear both of the two though in person unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    TurboXS is a bit on the loud/raspy side. The Invidia Q300 is milder and doesn't have the drone issues on the sedan it has on the hatch.
    Yes I agree loud and raspy on the older generation TXS systems. The newer generation Quad Touring though is much more mellow. Q300 is a great exhaust for sure. I actually found the Q slightly louder than the Quad Touring TXS.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by poi88 View Post
    Makes me wish my car was black
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXilie View Post
    Great looking car you got there! I love these cars in black but they are truly a pain to keep clean.
    What WRXilie said!

I love the black. Looks great when clean. Key being WHEN clean, which is not that often

I Support ClubWRX
    does the TurboXS have burnt tips?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    does the TurboXS have burnt tips?
    They do come with burnt tips if you want to. I have the burnt tips.

I Support ClubWRX
    Got some new parts on the way from WTF tuning (first official "tuning products" customer btw). Should be a fun spring
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 02-08-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Got some new parts on the way from WTF tuning (first official "tuning products" customer btw). Should be a fun spring
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Its been a long winter thus far for the STi, and we are not all the way through yet...

But I have some parts waiting for her this spring to make up for the abuse

First up...ETS Top Mount Intercooler (thank you WTF Tuning)

Second up...Injector Dynamics 1000cc Fuel Injectors (thank you WTF Tuning)

3rd in line...DW 65C Fuel Pump.

And lastly...GS EBCS.

(picture to come...imgur is being an asshat...you all know what they look like anyway)

More parts to come before spring!

post pics after the install!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye26 View Post
    post pics after the install!
    Oh I will!

I Support ClubWRX
    Will you be able to find a MAP for your AP to cover all of those parts? I'm still trying to straighten my plans out and was trying to see if there are any maps for the AP that includes an EBCS and a TMIC? I know the TBE and Intake are covered by the MAPs but the protuner I was talking to told me an EBCS needed a protune. He is also the only one I have heard that from thus far but I have also not heard anyone tell me otherwise.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

He is getting a protune.

But yes you are right...anything more than what the map notes state for an AP, requires more than an off the shelf tune. TMIC you should have a tune, though there is a lot of back and forth out there saying you don't need it. You won't gain benefits without tuning for it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    He is getting a protune.

But yes you are right...anything more than what the map notes state for an AP, requires more than an off the shelf tune. TMIC you should have a tune, though there is a lot of back and forth out there saying you don't need it. You won't gain benefits without tuning for it.
    This is good to know, thank you.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    This is good to know, thank you.
    Correct...No off the shelf maps for me after this install. You can get e-tune through TP, however, I am either going to go through WTF (if they can do maps on the COBB this spring), or I will be getting the car pro-tuned on a dyno. The exact tuning route I go is undecided at this point, but it will be protuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Correct...No off the shelf maps for me after this install. You can get e-tune through TP, however, I am either going to go through WTF (if they can do maps on the COBB this spring), or I will be getting the car pro-tuned on a dyno. The exact tuning route I go is undecided at this point, but it will be protuned
    Nice, can't wait to see how it turns out for you. I think we might have talked about it in chat but the only thing keeping me from an AP as opposed to the dyno tune I'm planning is the EBCS I got waiting to go on with my parts for stage 2+.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.