2013 Subaru WRX "Pearl White" Dead Stock (For Now) Photoshoot - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 Subaru WRX "Pearl White" Dead Stock (For Now) Photoshoot within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I like the look of that vortex generator. Its stock you say? Wonder where I can get one for my ...

Re: 2013 Subaru WRX "Pearl White" Dead Stock (For Now) Photoshoot

I like the look of that vortex generator. Its stock you say? Wonder where I can get one for my car!

Looking good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quioxte View Post
    I like the look of that vortex generator. Its stock you say? Wonder where I can get one for my car!

Looking good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, stock so far. The Vortex generator added major detail/looks for some particular reason. I love it.
    I would check your local Subaru dealer for it. Mine came as an option during purchase of the car. I'm sure there are many aftermarket ones available via online.

Thank you for the love.
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 12-10-2012 at 09:41 AM.

I have a wingless SWP myself. Just picked it up friday. Already have 500mi on it That being said, shes a beauty. Good Luck and enjoy my friend.
    '13 SWP WRX Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quioxte View Post
    If you need one for the 08-13 models you can find them here for under $70 -----> Impreza + WRX STi SPT Vortex Generator Sedan 2008-2013, SubaruGenuineParts.com
    '13 SWP WRX Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by DanRamzz View Post
    I have a wingless SWP myself. Just picked it up friday. Already have 500mi on it That being said, shes a beauty. Good Luck and enjoy my friend.
    Thank you sir. Hope your enjoying yours as I am with mine
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 12-11-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Taken from my cell...
    However I just wanted to share how much I like the natural wide body affect and lines this car has. Gorgeous.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WRX4.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    The 1 Million Mile warranty. lol, jk, Honestly it is a better quality then the stock filter. IMO
    Nice photos. What gives you the impression it's better than stock? The stock filter is far better at filtering the air than the K&N for a couple of reasons. First of all, it has smaller holes and thus filters smaller particle sizes. Secondly, oiled filters are designed to work better and better as they get dirtier because this reduces the hole sizes, thus filtering smaller particles. However, even once the filter becomes dirty, it still won't filter as small particles as the stock filter. This means your K&N filter is letting much dirtier air into your engine than the stock filter for at least the first few thousand miles, and will always not filter as well as the stock filter. Last thing, the stock air intake system, including the filter, already flows more air than the stock engine can use with the stock tune.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Nice photos. What gives you the impression it's better than stock? The stock filter is far better at filtering the air than the K&N for a couple of reasons. First of all, it has smaller holes and thus filters smaller particle sizes. Secondly, oiled filters are designed to work better and better as they get dirtier because this reduces the hole sizes, thus filtering smaller particles. However, even once the filter becomes dirty, it still won't filter as small particles as the stock filter. This means your K&N filter is letting much dirtier air into your engine than the stock filter for at least the first few thousand miles, and will always not filter as well as the stock filter. Last thing, the stock air intake system, including the filter, already flows more air than the stock engine can use with the stock tune.
    Well I've taken few things into factor here, first of all I wont argue that the stock filter, filters more dirtier air particles than over the K&N, but I dont really live anywhere where its extremely dusty nor windy all the time where there is a higher potential for my WRX's motor too be damaged, plus I'm not running my WRX off dirt roads doing a little rally fun or anything of that nature, so in those scenarios your opinion would make sense. Ive replaced all of my vehicles with a K&N replacement filter, all between perhaps the 15,000-40,000 mile marker, that includes my BMW Z3 Coupe and Scion TC, (N/A vehicles) and my daily driven vehicle the Scion TC with 159,000+ miles, has given me absolutely no problems what so ever.
    I keep all my vehicles very well maintained. I'd have to say though, every time I've switched the stock air filter with a K&N, I've always noticed a significant increase in throttle response/better freeway pick-up, and although its not much its still a difference that I've felt over time, and still no problems, and aren't anticipating any regarding the K&N filters high reputation in regards to daily driving and race cars.
    I'm aware that the WRX is different than my other vehicles due to being turbocharged. My cousin actually used to own a Mitsubishi EVO 9 MR and I remember his theory of not wanting to upgrade the motor and he just wanted too make his car lighter. He never did any motor upgrades, but he did replace his air filter from stock to K&N when he first purchased. He put more than 50,000+ miles on his EVO and never did I hear him complain about any motor problems, or any horsepower loss. He too was good at maintaining his EVO.
    Thanks for the love and input though
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 08-29-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Beautiful! I'm ordering my '13 WRX Sedan in SWP in a couple of weeks just like yours, wingless & with the vortex generator.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Mafia View Post
    Beautiful! I'm ordering my '13 WRX Sedan in SWP in a couple of weeks just like yours, wingless & with the vortex generator.
    Thank you.. Enjoy yours and be safe. I love mine!

It looks great, i love the wingless trunk.... what camera did you use to shoot these?
    Rambo ~ I scratched off my VIN plates. Weight savings.

I Support ClubWRX

2013 Subaru WRX "Pearl White" Dead Stock (For Now) Photoshoot

Congrats and those shots are beautiful!
    I too like the wingless you don't see it often.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Quote Originally Posted by BoostandLow View Post
    It looks great, i love the wingless trunk.... what camera did you use to shoot these?
    made in Japan-Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi WRX View Post
    Congrats and those shots are beautiful!
    I too like the wingless you don't see it often.
    thanks for love. We took the pictures in the cold fog. Worth every breath. Thanks again

Update:I took a new picture with my BlackBerry Z10. Didn't have my Sony. Err... I'll be at SUBIEFEST!

Her Lovely Curves!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Subie.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	116104

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast