2012 Subaru Impreza STI Sedan

This is a discussion on 2012 Subaru Impreza STI Sedan within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been working on a 2012 Impreza WRX STI Sedan and over time I have added a Cusco rear ...

2012 Subaru Impreza STI Sedan

I have been working on a 2012 Impreza WRX STI Sedan and over time I have added a Cusco rear Strut brace and SPT front Lower chassis brace. I also fitted a Group N transmission mount and factory STI short throw shifter and shifter bushing from Perrin as well as a Perrin M/cyl brace. We also have a front strut brace from SPT as well as a SPT Turbo heat shield.
    I fitted a catback exhaust system from AVO however the owners wife did not like anything other than factory system so we went back to stock.
    I have focused on things that will help to enhance the factory performance without risking warranty on the car. The chassis braces and Strut braces have been a good addition and it gave a noticeable reduction in flexing.
    One other area I have spent a huge amount of time on is working to reduce Intake temps by fitting SPT heat shield which also has gold heat foil attached to the underside of shield. This led to significant change in temps around the intercooler. I also wrapped the lower portion of plastic intake that sits above the radiator which also helped to reduce heat transfer to intake. Finally I wrapped the intercooler, I would like to fit silicone intake hose in the future also.

Cusco rear Strut brace

Although this is not my car I have spent a lot of time working on it and I thought that the changes have been good so I thought I would post this thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    God your cars are always so pretty.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Another excellent thread!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thanks, The car Handles very well for being basically factory specs, I found the braces do make a difference that can be felt, obviously the most important thing to do is keep the corner weights as even as possible, chassis flex will actually reduce this, so what ever can be done to stabalize platform and keep the cornerweights as even as possible ( keeping the tires in contact with the road) is a good thing, it definately helps with steering input in this car.
    The heat insulation works very well and we all know what happens when we reduce intake temps, it's most noticeable on a nice cool day when our Turbo Impreza feels much more lively, cooler air = more power

What brand is that reflective tape?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

It's DEI from rallysportdirect. We use the same thing in Indycar on bodywork around headers to protect the paint and on rear bulkhead to stop heat transfer to the fuel. This is the same thing, I can't tell the difference between DEI and the rolls we have of it, I would say it comes from same place, I needed 3 12x24 sheets for intercooler

Wait, you have a 22B, FXT, 05 STi, and 12 STi???
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

No, this is a friends car that I have been working on, I took him for a ride in my 05 and he was hooked so he ordered the 012 STI. I have been doing all the projects on it. I am hoping to do a project car and collaboration with a Subaru dealership in the near future. I hope to be able to do a thread regarding that soon. I would like to do a serious build on a Latest version STI so we will see

I recently spent the day at The Monterey airport with the Thunderbirds they were there for the Salinas Air show, One of the Guys that works on the Jets has a 2012 STI also. This is the STI I work on parked next to a F16
    I was so impressed by the thunderbirds and the people that work on them, Fighter jets are just the most impressive thing to see!
    Last edited by 22B05STI; 10-16-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Here is the AVO exhaust which I fitted, it's a very nice system unfortunately we had to remove it because the owners wife did not like the increase in noise, it is very subtile really, not noisy like some systems, anyway we are going to sell this system and use money for other projects on the car

Quote Originally Posted by GOMEZ View Post
    Wait, you have a 22B, FXT, 05 STi, and 12 STi???
    Have you seen my 91 Legacy Rs Typa RA build thread? It's a massive build and my most interesting I think.
    I do have four Subarus but not the 012

We fitted this SPT vortex generator today, it looks awesome!

Man that thing looks awesome, definitely going to pick up some of that heat reflection material from RSD when I get a ProcessWest top mount. Thanks for posting