My wife's idea... honest. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My wife's idea... honest. within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Awesome thank you so much! Originally Posted by Rummie You can see most of it because there is a Youtube ...

Awesome thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Rummie View Post
    You can see most of it because there is a Youtube video of a guy taking apart the center console of an Impreza (not sure year 09 maybe or model could be wrx even) anyway, he does a quick demonstration of how to get the stereo bezel out (for a stereo swap) and you need to partially remove the swooping center dash trim piece that holds the climate control and side vents. Once I got that far I just yanked (literally, I wouldn't recommend doing that I got lucky and nothing broke) the cluster shroud off, it took a lot of fiddling but eventually the shroud just pops off and you can take the dash trim piece the rest of the way out, unplug the harnesses and its free. The controls themselves are in a single module you can remove from the trim with a few screws and some pretty sturdy clips.

Then just taped up everything that wasn't a dial, masked off the little lights on the dials (hardest part). Sprayed some adhesion promoter a couple light coats of paint and some satin clear coat. Waited till the next day to put it all back together. The photo doesn't do the color justice, it looks much better in person. Just finishing up the door arm rests this week to be rid of the dark grey. It was the only thing I have done that my wife has noticed.

I probably should have waited till I do a stereo swap and just do it all at once, but since the stock stereo isn't all that bad I don't know when that will be. (Haters don't hate, I know its a crap system however, I have a 1 year old with me everywhere I go. Stereo sounds great at 7, sometimes I get crazy and go to 8... and I never get to go louder. Besides, it is brilliant compared to the 09 Impreza stock stereo... probably a bad comparison, like lumpy poo to runny poo)

Found the video How to remove head unit out of a 2010 Subaru Impreza. - YouTube

Video for the cluster shroud 08+ WRX/STi How to Install Shift Light - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's on like Donkey Kong...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	donkeykong.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	110626
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12