Finally got my hands on a nice camera

This is a discussion on Finally got my hands on a nice camera within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally got some good pics of my car let me know what y'all think...

Finally got my hands on a nice camera

Finally got some good pics of my car let me know what y'all think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC0130.jpg   _DSC0050.jpg   _DSC0041.jpg   _DSC0037.jpg  
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    what kind of camera? the pictures seem to be kind of grainy/too bright. maybe some settings need to be updated?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Its was a Nikon D90. I just rented it from my school I don't know how to actually take good pictures lol. They were better than my previous ones.
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    check this out:
    Armin’s Quick and Dirty Tips and Tricks to Automotive Photography - NASIOC

also, maybe google settings on how to set up the camera. i'm not familiar with DSLR's. if only taken pictures with point & shoot $90 camera's lol

[just an example of the quality w/ the right settings even on a ****ty camera :P ]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

wow that looks really freaking good. Thanks for the advice!
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

Check the ISO. It could be set too high. Could solve grainy problem.

+1 on the iso. It would also solve the brightness issue. Take the Same pics with the iso down to 100. The d90 is a goodd camera. I have a Nikon d80 the older version to the 90.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

I Support ClubWRX
    I've learned a lot about taking pics from the members on here. Scarmack, naked dave, are just two members I've spoken to that helped me out. Get some editing software ( you can get Lightroom and/or Cs6 for less than a case of beer off of Craigslist ) and watch LOTS of videos on Youtube. Also, just go out and take pics and play around with ISO settings..and buy a 3$ polarized lens filter. First thing I figured out when I got my DSLR was that you have to literally take a truck load of pics and out of all of those maybe you get 20 you will want to work with. Look at some of the members galleries on here and try and figure out what it is you like about their style and go from there.
    Amazon.com: Zeikos ZE-CPL52 52mm Multi-Coated Circular Polarizer Filter: Camera & Photo This is a "cheaper" filter but it works great. If you find you really like it then you can go for the more $$ Hoyas or whatever brand you like.
    Last edited by carnevino; 09-24-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    I've learned a lot about taking pics from the members on here. Scarmack, naked dave, are just two members I've spoken to that helped me out. Get some editing software ( you can get Lightroom and/or Cs6 for less than a case of beer off of Craigslist ) and watch LOTS of videos on Youtube. Also, just go out and take pics and play around with ISO settings..and buy a 3$ polarized lens filter. First thing I figured out when I got my DSLR was that you have to literally take a truck load of pics and out of all of those maybe you get 20 you will want to work with. Look at some of the members galleries on here and try and figure out what it is you like about their style and go from there.
    Amazon.com: Zeikos ZE-CPL52 52mm Multi-Coated Circular Polarizer Filter: Camera & Photo This is a "cheaper" filter but it works great. If you find you really like it then you can go for the more $$ Hoyas or whatever brand you like.
    All good advice. If you don't want to fork out money for legitimate photo editing software yet, Paint.net is a decent free program that mimics a basic Photoshop. You can fool around with that to get an idea of how to edit pics.

Paint.NET - CNET Download.com
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"