New to me 02 WRX!

This is a discussion on New to me 02 WRX! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just joined the Subaru community from the dsm scene. Looking forward to learning a new platform and making some ...

New to me 02 WRX!

I just joined the Subaru community from the dsm scene. Looking forward to learning a new platform and making some new friends. After having the wrx a few days found out its already needing a protune for stage 2! I'm excited for it to wake up a little bit after giving up the dsm that ran mid-high 12s! Here is a couple pics of the blue beauty! Kind of high miles but been taken car of with a new head gasket, water pump, belts, rebuilt trans, and new oem turbo!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx02.jpg   wrx1.jpg   wrx3.jpg  
    John 02 WRX Perrin Catted DP GReddy 3" CB SPT CIA (stage 2 protune near future)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks really clear. very nice find.

Shes in pretty good shape for her age. Digging the exhaust too. Nothing like the sound of a subie! Thanks!

do you know what aftermarket parts are on it?

Ya whats listed in my sig

who is it tuned by now and do you have an aftermarket upipe? or getting one really soon?

Its only running. 06mpa for full boost and I am not sure who tuned it prior. Factory up pipe currently. I am having Cobb surgeline do the Protune. I haven't thought about an up pipe much yet. Nor do I have an AP so I just want it tuned correctly and running better. I have the p0420 cell code too. Cobb said I would be alright given the mods and the low boost.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, sounds like wastegate spring pressure probably. If you need a new boost control solenoid (decent chance) the three port units are nice with a tune. Bugeyes aren't too fussy about DP's but intakes must be tuned. The low boost certainly is a safety net.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb