My used 2011 WRX with mods
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My used 2011 WRX with mods within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Was modded by previous owner in Las Vegas. Currently have 8000 miles, 400 miles from me. The mods I can ...

My used 2011 WRX with mods

Was modded by previous owner in Las Vegas. Currently have 8000 miles, 400 miles from me. The mods I can see: Cobb full exhaust, Perrin cold air intake, Perrin fuel rail and insulated lines, top mount process west intercooler. Brake damper? Steel braided brake lines. Boost control solenoid grimmspeed? Aem afr gauge, m7 Japan boost gauge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-2.jpg   image-5.jpg   image-6.jpg   image-7.jpg   image.jpg  

image-1.jpg   image-3.jpg   image-4.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'll gladly take that I/C off your hands.

Any idea of what tune is on the car?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I have no idea on the tuning done. Looking to tune it soon.

Looks Great man!!!
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drox View Post
    I have no idea on the tuning done. Looking to tune it soon.
    Congrats, nice car with a good parts selection.

Did it come with a Cobb AP? I'd be pretty concerned if the car is tuned properly.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Awesome, congrats! I have the same intercooler.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Thanks fellas. It didnt come with a AP. Some people told me it wouldnt work out well with my mods.. Is that true? I just called a tuner shop called Yimi and he was talking about AP. I told him Im more interested in open source tuning and he told me that there are not many reliable open source stuff out there for my year and model..

Im pretty sure it was tuned by the previous owner. my AFR gauge reads high 14's on cruise and low 10's to 11's on WOT.. boost gauge is in kpa or something, friend said its boosting 15psi or so..

I get about 15-16mpg and it idles at 1000 to 1100 when warmed up. It also sounds like the engine is breathing, you know the idle going up and down, up and down..

Quote Originally Posted by Drox View Post
    Thanks fellas. It didnt come with a AP. Some people told me it wouldnt work out well with my mods.. Is that true? I just called a tuner shop called Yimi and he was talking about AP. I told him Im more interested in open source tuning and he told me that there are not many reliable open source stuff out there for my year and model..
    Depends who you talk to.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that with the mods on the car the base maps from Cobb would not be appropriate anymore. That's probably what those other people were referring to. However, a tuner can still use the accessport to do a custom tune of the car, which is probably why this tuner is telling you that you'll have to purchase one.

As far as there being no reliable opensource tuners, well, of course he's going to want you to give him your money. Etuners and other such opensource options are debatable as far as their quality go. There are options, and some would fully support xyz guy while others would not.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

With that EBCS and the topfeed rail you need a protune. Not sure why a tuner would say there is no opensource option out there for you because their definitely is. I'd have a tuner check it out ASAP, 15 PSI seems a bit low. Do you know if the injectors have been upgraded?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    With that EBCS and the topfeed rail you need a protune. Not sure why a tuner would say there is no opensource option out there for you because their definitely is. I'd have a tuner check it out ASAP, 15 PSI seems a bit low. Do you know if the injectors have been upgraded?
    He's saying that to make sure he gets his money.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Dude. I would have not touched that car. First of all that's a high idle. Might be something simple or it was tuned. But a fluctuating idle..... no bueno.

Have that thing checked out yesterday.

And that is horrid fuel economy.... intake leak bad....

Posted from a fone.

I don't know if the injectors were swapped. But I would think it was if the guy went through the trouble of getting a fuel rail and regulator( I think that's what it is..).

So there's no such tune to make your idle higher? Or act the way mine is set up?

No you can tune the idle to make it higher/lower, but the fluctuating idle is the concerning part. Only time it should fluctuate is with the A/C on, but that's only 50 extra rpms.

Posted from a fone.

Vac leaks are usually what will make a car surge like that (Idle wanders up and down) .. check all the intercooler tubing and make sure there are no tears or loose clamps. I'd bet this car has not been properly tuned or if it has it might have been tuned for a great deal more modification. Does the turbo have a flange on the compressor output? Makes me wonder if its been turbo swapped. Otherwise there's no reason to go that far into the fuel system for just a stageII w Intake.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Im not sure how I can tell if the turbo was replaced..

I called Cobb tuning and the guy recommended getting the AP and they will give me 2 different type of maps. 1 for daily driving and 1 for track. They told me they will know what has been done once they get their hands on it. But dang now i've gotta spend almost a G...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.