My used 2011 WRX with mods - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on My used 2011 WRX with mods within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mangostick Yeah and that's good information how? REAL TIME is the best way for them AND your ...

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Yeah and that's good information how? REAL TIME is the best way for them AND your car. Go ahead and keep that tuner guessing about the mods under his hood and very shortly he'll have a new engine in there too.. ON HIS TIME AND DIME.

Bad form man.. bad form.
    Well he obviously needs to go get it looked at. Which he should've done before he even put money down for the car. Do I need to give him a step by step plan?
    OP clearly doesn't want to invest in an AP. I'm giving him a possible option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i see the windows are tinted, any idea what darkness they are? Im thinking about doing all "medium", but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by -Be- View Post
    i see the windows are tinted, any idea what darkness they are? Im thinking about doing all "medium", but not sure.
    I think it's 20% or 5%.
    I'm going with 30% all around, which is medium.

Has anyone heard of the boost creep? A tuner I spoke to said he can correct the boost creep by porting the wastegate.

I Support ClubWRX

My used 2011 WRX with mods

Boost creep is not unknown; please search for that term and many threads will pop up (I can't link you from this device sorry).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Does anyone know which brand injectors the WRX comes with? I took a look at one of them and I can see Denso..

I Support ClubWRX
    Drox, boost creep is an issue with the 11/12's that go with a catless dp ( yeah I have my flame suit on, I know it's not the only years with boost creep..just saying a catless dp is a known culprit). You have some nice parts/upgrades but I agree with 99% of the posters on here that you prolly shouldnt be driving it very much w/o checking on a few things asap. Sean Church is a VERY well known tuner in your area, maybe give him a shout. It sounds to me like the previous owner sold the AP, cause there's not a safe way to be running your car w/o an AP. And for the dummy who was putting down real time AP advice, well you aint doing him no favors...listen to mangostick and use a COBB AP. I know a ton of WRX owners in Vegas but never seen this car, maybe try calling Mike at Zinkai motors ( it's a high performance shop that's owned by Subie of las vegas) and ask him about the history of the car...he might actually know it.

Dude! carnevino you were right on the money! I called Mike at Zenkai and he knew the car. Told me it has 1300cc injectors, fuel pump, and others he could not remember.. He also said Shawn Church flew to vegas to tune this car. He also told me it had a AP and 2 maps made for 91 and E85. He said it could be in the E85 map when I told him about the idle problems. I've came to a conclusion to take my car to Shawn Church to get it tuned since it has his tune on it already. I'm waiting on Mike to send me a list of the mods on the car as well!

Thanks carnevino!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123