My used 2011 WRX with mods - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My used 2011 WRX with mods within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dude. You're in SoCal. There are plenty of other Subie tuners around you. I've looked a while back, a quick ...

Dude. You're in SoCal. There are plenty of other Subie tuners around you. I've looked a while back, a quick google will yield plenty of results. Call up a few and get an opensource protune. IMO an Accessport isn't worth it. You're gonna flash once, do a few datalogs then throw the thing in your glovebox(where my tatrix cable is not)
    Plus I doubt Cobb will be able to give you a proper map for your upgrades.

Yimi(eventhough are very reputable) said there isn't an opensource solution, I call shinanigans. Go else where. Plus any reputable Subbie shop will be able to tell you if it has been properly upgraded or not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    YimiSport doesn't tune OpenECU?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Dude. You're in SoCal. There are plenty of other Subie tuners around you. I've looked a while back, a quick google will yield plenty of results. Call up a few and get an opensource protune. IMO an Accessport isn't worth it. You're gonna flash once, do a few datalogs then throw the thing in your glovebox(where my tatrix cable is not)
    Plus I doubt Cobb will be able to give you a proper map for your upgrades.

Yimi(eventhough are very reputable) said there isn't an opensource solution, I call shinanigans. Go else where. Plus any reputable Subbie shop will be able to tell you if it has been properly upgraded or not.

Wow I never looked into tuners on google.. I only went by what I heard from people I know in the area. I'll def be looking around now. And yea, I liked the tatrix setup more. Thanks for the heads up!

Just realized you are from Irvine? Where do you take your car for tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by Drox View Post
    I have no idea on the tuning done. Looking to tune it soon.
    I would not drive the car PERIOD without getting a tune on it from a good tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by Drox View Post
    Thanks fellas. It didnt come with a AP. Some people told me it wouldnt work out well with my mods.. Is that true? I just called a tuner shop called Yimi and he was talking about AP. I told him Im more interested in open source tuning and he told me that there are not many reliable open source stuff out there for my year and model..

Im pretty sure it was tuned by the previous owner. my AFR gauge reads high 14's on cruise and low 10's to 11's on WOT.. boost gauge is in kpa or something, friend said its boosting 15psi or so..

I get about 15-16mpg and it idles at 1000 to 1100 when warmed up. It also sounds like the engine is breathing, you know the idle going up and down, up and down..
    Wow that car sounds like it's having MAJOR issues. As I said above do not pass go do not collect $200 do not drive it at all before you get a tune on it. That boost sounds way off since stock is 14.2. With those mods it should be running at least a couple of pounds higher boost than stock.

The mod path is not terrible but it's not great either. There's no reason the fuel system should have been touched unless it had a bigger turbo put on it.

Next time you buy a used car please come to a forum like this and ask questions BEFORE buying! Good luck with the car and get a tune yesterday!

Dude. I would have not touched that car. First of all that's a high idle. Might be something simple or it was tuned. But a fluctuating idle..... no bueno.

Have that thing checked out yesterday.

And that is horrid fuel economy....
    Yes to all of that!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Yea I impulsively bought this car. I am looking for a tuner.

Here's a pic of the turbo, not sure if you can tell if its stock or not..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turbo.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	107876

and here is a pic of a part I dont really know what it is. Is it a fuel regulator?

pic..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuel.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	107878
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

That's the fuel distribution block that goes along with the Perrin fuel kit. I can't see enough of the turbo in your pictures to tell if it's stock. Can you see any numbers on either the intake or exhaust (preferably both) sides of the turbo?

Impulse car buys can often be trouble!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Damn you make me even more excited.

I'm getting the same exact thing (2013 though) within the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    That's the fuel distribution block that goes along with the Perrin fuel kit. I can't see enough of the turbo in your pictures to tell if it's stock. Can you see any numbers on either the intake or exhaust (preferably both) sides of the turbo?

Impulse car buys can often be trouble!
    I did see some numbers but I don't remember what they were.. I'll take another look and post it.

On another note I'm going to redo the tint with 30% ceramic tint all around and 40% with 100% heat rejection so i can save the color of the interior. I'll post a pic when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by drkhead View Post
    Damn you make me even more excited.

I'm getting the same exact thing (2013 though) within the next month.
    Congrats! Very fun car to drive. Can't wait to tune it right and see what it's capable of!

**** the tint.
    Get that engine looked at first, that will go LONG before before your interior goes.
    This will be the last warning you get from me man.

My car is running the free XPT stage 1 map. I'm not protuned.

**** the tint.
    Get that engine looked at first, that will go LONG before before your interior goes.
    This will be the last warning you get from me man.

My car is running the free XPT stage 1 map. I'm not protuned.
    I'm taking it to get it checked first. And I'm prob gonna take it to Cobb for tuning. I've been told that late 2011 and up the ECU was changed and the AP is best suited for a tune. The tuner at EDO performance told me so..

Talk to Eric at Torqued Performance. He'll set you up. Don't buy a access port of you don't want to. The only reason these tuners want you to get an AP is so they can tune real time = easier for them. Make'em work hard for that money

The only difference in early 11 to late 11 is the ecu id
    Pm me if you want his contact info.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RedMed427 View Post
    Don't buy a access port of you don't want to. The only reason these tuners want you to get an AP is so they can tune real time = easier for them. Make'em work hard for that money
    Yeah and that's good information how? REAL TIME is the best way for them AND your car. Go ahead and keep that tuner guessing about the mods under his hood and very shortly he'll have a new engine in there too.. ON HIS TIME AND DIME.

Bad form man.. bad form.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast