Subaru WRX Forum banner

Just an Average (Sleeper) Wrx

13K views 79 replies 27 participants last post by  krntehknik303 
#1 · (Edited)
'09 OBP WRX

Here's a couple pix of my car! 09 WRX (sorry cellphone quality)

Previous set up: Enkei RPF1's 17x8 35off 225/40/17 Continental DWS

I sure do miss that set up. About 2 months later.. (Sorry for ****ty Instagram pic)

Rota G-Forces 18x9 35 offset Federal 225/40/18 Full CS Style Lip Kit

About a month and a half or so later.. Cusco LCA's installed

Rolled fenders! I did the fronts myself the driver side looks pretty horrible compared to the passenger side. :(

Maxed out the coilovers in the front and rears

Going up the gf's driveway makes it look lower than it is. :)

Washed and Waxed

Just went scoopless today, will paint the hood soon!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Kinda curious, what do you think a "sleeper" car is? You're lowered, have aftermarket wheels and a full lip kit... If I saw it I would think it was ricey or that there was a lot of work done under the hood too, definitely not a sleeper car. A sleeper is not at all showy in my book

#7 ·
I think the OP means "sleeper" because of the scoop delete. It does add a bit to the sleeper dept. Still, a 2002-2007 Wagon with a FMIC and scoop delete is much more of a sleeper ;)

#8 ·
My Brat is a sleeper...

#16 ·
Next step for me is to get a wingless trunk to match the scoopless hood and of course get the hood painted.
That would be pretty sleeperish. Combined with the fact that the 2008+ WRX Sedans look remarkably like Corollas, well you'd have a nearly 300whp Corolla. Pretty fun I'd say.

#29 ·
All the reasons why I went with a front mount and got a scoopless hood finally. My car seems to feel a lot better with the scoopless hood "probably just me" but who knows if there is actual noticeable difference when running on a stock turbo. Maybe more with a bigger turbo?Not too sure.

#36 ·
Jimmy has knocked himself twice today. Well played.

I award you +25 Drews!

#39 ·
Your car is as much a sleeper as my ws6, it looks nice tho. I really like the scoop on the new wrx but your new hood looks good with the fmic. I dig the new wheels more too. How much whp is your maxed out turbo making?

#42 ·
That low just doesn't seem that functional. Ride has to be harsh on that.

#46 · (Edited)
Quick update:
I said I wouldn't stretch, but what the hell.. I wanted to fit some 18x10's. (There's been some hate and doubts because of when I first tried the fitment and had major rubbing issues, but I over came that and the turn out was great. thnx for makin me famous haters :))

Thanks to my ***** Brandon.. Check out his work! http://www.facebook.com/BrandonKahlProductions?fref=ts
Oh, and check out the fam: http://www.facebook.com/SimplyFreshFitment?fref=ts (How we get down in CO)

Just ordered a cheap eBay lip as a temporary. THIS IS winter mode...

Future mods:
Whiteline Toe Link Arms
Powdercoat Rims (?)
Muteki SR48 Open Ended Lug Nuts (Red or White?)

#52 ·
Oh yea.. and in theory, the FMIC should me MORE functional without a hoodscoop. The top of the hood is a high pressure zone, where as the rear of the engine bay is low pressure. Running it without the hood scoop should, in theory, draw more air through the front (FMIC) out the back of the engine bay.

I'm considering making a scoop delete out of plate aluminum for myself. The scoopless hoods are so much heavier than my aluminum WRX hood that any performance gain would be negated by the increased weight from running a scoopless steel hood.. I looked into carbon fiber, but even those are heavier than my stock hood.

LMAO. OoOoOoOoOo

Might wanna consider reading the first 3 pages. Its already been discussed.

Dude know's so much he's like a "Subie God" OMG! LMAO.

#49 ·
Oh yea.. and in theory, the FMIC should me MORE functional without a hoodscoop. The top of the hood is a high pressure zone, where as the rear of the engine bay is low pressure. Running it without the hood scoop should, in theory, draw more air through the front (FMIC) out the back of the engine bay.

I'm considering making a scoop delete out of plate aluminum for myself. The scoopless hoods are so much heavier than my aluminum WRX hood that any performance gain would be negated by the increased weight from running a scoopless steel hood.. I looked into carbon fiber, but even those are heavier than my stock hood.

#50 ·
Maxed out the coilovers in the front and rears
What alignment specs did you go with when you had it done? Did you have to go much different than stock to make the wheels and tires fit, even with the rolled fenders?

#51 ·
-2 all around at first. Its probably more now, I just got my toe arms to match the rear LCA's since the stock toe arms reached their limit.

Only thing different I went was LCA and Toe Arms for the rears for better fitment in the rear. Will post up pix once the rears are dialed in. Then going more low next spring!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.