Just an Average (Sleeper) Wrx - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just an Average (Sleeper) Wrx within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Quick update: I said I wouldn't stretch, but what the hell.. I wanted to fit some 18x10's. (There's been some ...

Quick update:
    I said I wouldn't stretch, but what the hell.. I wanted to fit some 18x10's. (There's been some hate and doubts because of when I first tried the fitment and had major rubbing issues, but I over came that and the turn out was great. thnx for makin me famous haters )

Thanks to my ***** Brandon.. Check out his work! http://www.facebook.com/BrandonKahlProductions?fref=ts
    Oh, and check out the fam: http://www.facebook.com/SimplyFreshFitment?fref=ts (How we get down in CO)

Just ordered a cheap eBay lip as a temporary. THIS IS winter mode...

Future mods:
    Whiteline Toe Link Arms
    Powdercoat Rims (?)
    Muteki SR48 Open Ended Lug Nuts (Red or White?)
    Last edited by krntehknik303; 12-09-2012 at 09:33 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

love it

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Can't be sleeper without a larger aftermarket turbo. Also, has to look mostly stock to be considered sleeper.. dropped to the ground with FMIC, front lip, and aftermarket wheels is far from sleeper.. especially if it doesn't run 10s.

Oh yea.. and in theory, the FMIC should me MORE functional without a hoodscoop. The top of the hood is a high pressure zone, where as the rear of the engine bay is low pressure. Running it without the hood scoop should, in theory, draw more air through the front (FMIC) out the back of the engine bay.

I'm considering making a scoop delete out of plate aluminum for myself. The scoopless hoods are so much heavier than my aluminum WRX hood that any performance gain would be negated by the increased weight from running a scoopless steel hood.. I looked into carbon fiber, but even those are heavier than my stock hood.

Quote Originally Posted by krntehknik303 View Post
    Maxed out the coilovers in the front and rears
    What alignment specs did you go with when you had it done? Did you have to go much different than stock to make the wheels and tires fit, even with the rolled fenders?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    What alignment specs did you go with when you had it done? Did you have to go much different than stock to make the wheels and tires fit, even with the rolled fenders?
    -2 all around at first. Its probably more now, I just got my toe arms to match the rear LCA's since the stock toe arms reached their limit.

Only thing different I went was LCA and Toe Arms for the rears for better fitment in the rear. Will post up pix once the rears are dialed in. Then going more low next spring!

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Can't be sleeper without a larger aftermarket turbo. Also, has to look mostly stock to be considered sleeper.. dropped to the ground with FMIC, front lip, and aftermarket wheels is far from sleeper.. especially if it doesn't run 10s.
    Oh yea.. and in theory, the FMIC should me MORE functional without a hoodscoop. The top of the hood is a high pressure zone, where as the rear of the engine bay is low pressure. Running it without the hood scoop should, in theory, draw more air through the front (FMIC) out the back of the engine bay.

I'm considering making a scoop delete out of plate aluminum for myself. The scoopless hoods are so much heavier than my aluminum WRX hood that any performance gain would be negated by the increased weight from running a scoopless steel hood.. I looked into carbon fiber, but even those are heavier than my stock hood.

LMAO. OoOoOoOoOo

Might wanna consider reading the first 3 pages. Its already been discussed.

Dude know's so much he's like a "Subie God" OMG! LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by krntehknik303 View Post
    Might wanna consider reading the first 3 pages. Its already been discussed.

Reading? this I do not have time for

lol

Reading? this I do not have time for

lol
    that's good.

this things bad ass, i would say some red lugs and i dunno about new rim color

Quote Originally Posted by socal_subie View Post
    this things bad ass, i would say some red lugs and i dunno about new rim color
    thnx. red lugs are being debated on at the moment. Probably the last thing I'm going to get. I need to flush out some fluid and install my rear toe arms whenever I get some time. Holiday season sucks.

Proper Photoshoot

Real credit goes out to my crew!! Check us out: http://www.facebook.com/SimplyFreshFitment?fref=ts
    My good friend: Rob Williams Media | Facebook

very clean man. what suspension and wheels are you running in the most recent pics?
    CA | MI
    2012 OBP Sedan in desperate
    need of a drop and downpipe

Quote Originally Posted by tee wrx View Post
    very clean man. what suspension and wheels are you running in the most recent pics?
    BC BR Coilovers
    Rota SVN-R

I Support ClubWRX
    car looks awesome, i agree with going wingless i think it would look good, but either way nice job
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast