Just an Average (Sleeper) Wrx - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just an Average (Sleeper) Wrx within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax Really? Think physics here. Fluid dynamics works similarly to the flow of electricity: Fluid flows along ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Really? Think physics here. Fluid dynamics works similarly to the flow of electricity: Fluid flows along the gradient vector V = <dx/dt, dy/dt, dz/dt>. In the case of gas, flow is represented primarily by the movement of gas from the highest pressure (densest) to the lowest pressure (least dense). If you are pushing air through the hood scoop and into the engine bay, you are increasing the pressure within the engine bay at speed. As a result, you're effective delta(p) between the inside and outside of the engine bay is less than it would be without the hood scoop. Your motor is water cooled: You should be more concerned about decreasing the temps through the Radiator (which you will in this case since the volume of air -- flux -- through the radiator is larger without the scoop) than decreasing the temps in the bay itself.
    My car must be a freak then because when driving, even with a couple hard pulls, my water temp is at 180*. With no undertray or fender liners I'm sure the pressure is different than a car with...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    My car must be a freak then because when driving, even with a couple hard pulls, my water temp is at 180*. With no undertray or fender liners I'm sure the pressure is different than a car with...
    I think the freak is driving it...

Also, your lower underhood temps are probably due to the fact that your engine is submerged.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Also, your lower underhood temps are probably due to the fact that your engine is submerged.
    I prefer the term "water cooled."
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    I like it hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I prefer the term "water cooled."
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Jimmy has knocked himself twice today. Well played.

I award you +25 Drews!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't make me pull out thermodynamics on you... it's not as "functional" as you think. The main reason for switching to FMIC is to accommodate an increase in the size of the core. Also to preserve airflow velocity through the core by eliminating a 90 degree bend. It has less to do with the actual underhood temps.
    Cool thing about FMICs... they also decrease how well your a/c core, and radiator core work
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

The car looks great.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Your car is as much a sleeper as my ws6, it looks nice tho. I really like the scoop on the new wrx but your new hood looks good with the fmic. I dig the new wheels more too. How much whp is your maxed out turbo making?
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Here are a couple more pictures of my ride got some legit photos:

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Your car is as much a sleeper as my ws6, it looks nice tho. I really like the scoop on the new wrx but your new hood looks good with the fmic. I dig the new wheels more too. How much whp is your maxed out turbo making?
    I have no idea.. I never got it dyno'd I would assume some where around 300? Not too sure.. lol

Thanks for the compliments!!

That low just doesn't seem that functional. Ride has to be harsh on that.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Re: Just an Average (Sleeper) Wrx

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That low just doesn't seem that functional. Ride has to be harsh on that.
    Yeah who needs function anyways?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by krntehknik303 View Post
    Yeah who needs function anyways?

I'll give you that one. You on coilovers? For granted it does look good considering it's not poked, stretched, and Herrafrush. So kudos to that

Re: Just an Average (Sleeper) Wrx

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

I'll give you that one. You on coilovers? For granted it does look good considering it's not poked, stretched, and Herrafrush. So kudos to that
    Nah I'm on cut springs!

Lol, jk. Yes, I am on coilovers. I'm not much of a stretched tire. It looks weird, IMO. I have a minor stretch though.. which isn't too bad.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast