Recieved my OEM roof rack with Yakima front loader - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Recieved my OEM roof rack with Yakima front loader within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mtnbikr Where did you measure from? They sure seem like they sit higher than that....how high are ...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikr View Post
    Where did you measure from? They sure seem like they sit higher than that....how high are the pillars themselves?
    I measured them from about the center of the roof. Factor in another 1/4" for the pillar. They really aren't that high off the roof. Significantly lower than my Audi A4 with the roof rack.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Recieved my OEM roof rack with Yakima front loader

Maybe an optical delusion.

I put the Whispbars on my BMW (still don't have my STi. ) and they sit pretty low, about 2" off the roof. I hope they end up being a lot lower as I paid extra just for that reason.

How do the racks handle weight? I will be loading up 2 DH rigs regularly. Also how hard is it to load the bikes up? DH = 50+ lbs a piece. Nice dj'er jonny, what model is that? Nice Santa Cruz black. I had my eye on a blur until I decided on a trek fuel.

Nice! I want to get some too but cant decide which ones I want to get.. How did you guys decide on the brand and set up?

Quote Originally Posted by jilty View Post
    How do the racks handle weight? I will be loading up 2 DH rigs regularly. Also how hard is it to load the bikes up? DH = 50+ lbs a piece. Nice dj'er jonny, what model is that? Nice Santa Cruz black. I had my eye on a blur until I decided on a trek fuel.
    O man I don't know how they will handle a DH bike, let alone 2. My two dj's flex on it. I have never had one come off. I'm not really sure of exact weight limit on the racks. My green DJ is a Deity Cryptkeeper and my white one is a blk mrkt killswitch

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

Here is picture of both of my djs on car. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347388308279.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	108221

Quote Originally Posted by Drox View Post
    Nice! I want to get some too but cant decide which ones I want to get.. How did you guys decide on the brand and set up?
    Price was a big factor. I really wanted the yakima. But the OEM with Yakima front loaders, and inno fairing works well

I didn't consider cost at all as it is all relative; compared to the cost of the car, the value of the bikes that will go up there and how much use they will see, saving $100 seemed foolish.

That said, I am not a huge fan of how high the OEM bars sit off the roof. The Whispbars have the same appearance, but are stiffer and sit considerably lower to the roof. I finally got a chance to see and feel the OEM bars on an Impreza and the Whispars on a GTI and I am happy that I went with the Whispbars. I just wish I had my car to put them on.

Sent from my HTC Amaze using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12