Finally got tints and overlays on today...

This is a discussion on Finally got tints and overlays on today... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm very pleased with the turn out. Unfortunately the overlays has some slight imperfections when up close but over all ...

Finally got tints and overlays on today...

I'm very pleased with the turn out. Unfortunately the overlays has some slight imperfections when up close but over all I'm pleased. 35% tints front and back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341614259.447593.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	106544

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341614282.629547.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	106545

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341614386.789449.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	106546

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Why does everyone block out the plate? Am I gonna have a harder time finding you because the plate is covered up? No..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Lol I don't know. One time I didn't an I got flamed. This was back when I had a Honda and it was at Honda-tech. I guess ever since then I've been doing it when/if I post pics of the ride.

Someone told me they can trace your car by plates if they wanted to steal your car for parts or whatever.

I Support ClubWRX
    By that logic, so can every person who sees your car everyday and much easier since they are actually in your area.

Overlays looks great though!!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea I really don't understand why block the plate. Hundreds of people see it daily.. Yes the tints and overlays are awesome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Yea I suppose you guys are right. Like I said I only blocked the plates bc it seemed like it was the right thing to do. Got flamed at Honda-tech for not blocking and here it seems like a lot of people were blocking theirs and didnt want to get flamed for not blocking mine. It will never be a win situation, people will always have an opinion, a thought, or whatever. it will be accepted in some forums and it won't in others. No biggie but I do get both your points.

In any event the point of the post was to show off the fact that I finally did the tints and the overlays. Very proud of the decision. I'm glad you guys think it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by CaQuin View Post
    Yea I suppose you guys are right. Like I said I only blocked the plates bc it seemed like it was the right thing to do. Got flamed at Honda-tech for not blocking and here it seems like a lot of people were blocking theirs and didnt want to get flamed for not blocking mine. It will never be a win situation, people will always have an opinion, a thought, or whatever. it will be accepted in some forums and it won't in others. No biggie but I do get both your points.

In any event the point of the post was to show off the fact that I finally did the tints and the overlays. Very proud of the decision. I'm glad you guys think it's good.
    Dang man, you can't win. You get flamed on honda forum for not covering you plates, now you get flamed on this forum for covering your plates. lol. I think your car looks great. I got the exact car in 2 days ago. I have appointment for clear bra and tint in a few weeks, and can't wait.
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

Car looks great, photochopped plate or not!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    looks great

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny1106 View Post
    Dang man, you can't win. You get flamed on honda forum for not covering you plates, now you get flamed on this forum for covering your plates. lol. I think your car looks great. I got the exact car in 2 days ago. I have appointment for clear bra and tint in a few weeks, and can't wait.
    Lol... Life! Thanks for the compliment.

Good choice on the car. Hope your enjoying it. SWP looks sweet, even sweeter with tints. What % tint are you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by CaQuin View Post
    Lol... Life! Thanks for the compliment.

Good choice on the car. Hope your enjoying it. SWP looks sweet, even sweeter with tints. What % tint are you getting?
    I really don't know. I'm not a fan of having it to dark. Just a nice color

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

Both look great man. I tried to do overlays I bought off of ebay and failed miserably... how much did you pay to get them to put them on? I called the local tint shop and the guy had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about overlays...also where did you get your from because the ones from ebay where no where near close to fitting right I had to cut a lot off to get it anywhere close.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousRX View Post
    Both look great man. I tried to do overlays I bought off of ebay and failed miserably... how much did you pay to get them to put them on? I called the local tint shop and the guy had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about overlays...also where did you get your from because the ones from ebay where no where near close to fitting right I had to cut a lot off to get it anywhere close.
    The tint place didn't charge me for the overlays bc I did the tints. I forgot where I ordered them. I ordered them the day I ordered my wrx back in February. I won't be home till Monday night, Ill look for the order info and I'll let you know if I can find it. I should let you know, the overlays had to be trimmed too. It wasn't a perfect fit. Even after the trim and being professionally installed, you can see some imperfection. I wish they sold tail lights already with red tails like this... I would buy.