My 04 WRB WRX Photoshoot - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My 04 WRB WRX Photoshoot within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If i may ask, why go for a 2.1 instead of a 2.5?...

If i may ask, why go for a 2.1 instead of a 2.5?
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray
    23:4--3:6--27:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Gator View Post
    If i may ask, why go for a 2.1 instead of a 2.5?
    Good question, and my answer will likely be one that you don't understand (as I don't really understand either)

I just don't like the 2.5 motors. I have no desire to build a hybrid, swap in a 255, or swap in a 257. I love my EJ205, and personally have quite a few friends who have made fantastic power out of theirs. The only other thing I'd consider is to purchase an EJ207, and swap it in along with a V7 non-dccd 6-speed, as there's a guy on our local Subaru forum who did just that, and that motor is orgasmic.
    04 WRX Wagon

well i must say in my opinion, 2.5 is faster stock for stock vs 2.0 but 2.o is more fun because you really feel it kick in.

anyway back to your engine, i think its cool when people are different. go for it. keep us posted on the build.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray

well i must say in my opinion, 2.5 is faster stock for stock vs 2.0 but 2.o is more fun because you really feel it kick in.

anyway back to your engine, i think its cool when people are different. go for it. keep us posted on the build.
    The torque from the 2.5 motors is definitely something that I'm jealous of, but I just have an affinity for 2 liters. I'm weird.
    04 WRX Wagon

A built JDM ej207 with a 6 speed is more interesting than a built ej255 that i would do, anyday.
    It would bring great conversation at shows and meets plus its no slouch in the power department.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray

A built JDM ej207 with a 6 speed is more interesting than a built ej255 that i would do, anyday.
    It would bring great conversation at shows and meets plus its no slouch in the power department.
    Wouldn't bring much attention around here at our meets, sadly. It'd be overshadowed by the 5 other EJ207 cars, and the 700whp Cosworth STi.
    04 WRX Wagon

Thats unfortunate. get 705whp.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray

Thats unfortunate. get 705whp.
    Haha now you're talkin!

If I swapped in an EJ207, I'd likely keep it stock. Those motors are phenomenal right out of the box. Can't beat an 8k redline.
    04 WRX Wagon

Yeah that sure would be cool to drive. As long as your not trying to run 10s or something, stock would probably be just fien.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray

Yeah that sure would be cool to drive. As long as your not trying to run 10s or something, stock would probably be just fien.
    For sure. I'm not interested in building a drag car. Just a fun WRX with plenty of power when I want it.
    04 WRX Wagon

Good Luck man
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray

Good Luck man
    Thanks!
    04 WRX Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.