2012 DGM
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2012 DGM within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got a new 2012 DGM WRX Limited Sedan. I've been lurking around the site for a few months trying ...

2012 DGM

Just got a new 2012 DGM WRX Limited Sedan. I've been lurking around the site for a few months trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible. It's pretty hard trying to hold back high revs during the break in period. I've never modded a car before but definitely plan on adding some of the common bolt-ons in the near future.

I'm not a fan of the small wing on the trunk can you remove it easily or do you need to do a trunk swap?

I don't plan on getting new wheels for a while but I like the look of the Enkei Raijins, if someone has the time id love to see them on my car with some photoshop action. Also, I don't know much about wheels so if someone knows a reason why these would be a bad choice performance wise please let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0784.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	105352

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just got the same car but mines not a limited but congrats I'm sure you love it just as much as me!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

You would have to do a trunk swap to go wingless or you can take it off & have a body shop plug the holes & paint it.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by im_spoolin View Post
    Just got a new 2012 DGM WRX Limited Sedan. I've been lurking around the site for a few months trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible. It's pretty hard trying to hold back high revs during the break in period. I've never modded a car before but definitely plan on adding some of the common bolt-ons in the near future.

I'm not a fan of the small wing on the trunk can you remove it easily or do you need to do a trunk swap?

I don't plan on getting new wheels for a while but I like the look of the Enkei Raijins, if someone has the time id love to see them on my car with some photoshop action. Also, I don't know much about wheels so if someone knows a reason why these would be a bad choice performance wise please let me know.

I'm in the same boat currently... It definitely is hard to hold back. These cars beg to be driven fast and this break-in period is painful.

And here is a pic with those wheels you mentioned. Definitely looks nice. On tirerack.com you can view any wheels they have available on your car - it's where I got this pic.

Name:	wrx_17_Dark_Gray.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	105360

Congrats and welcome!

Finally I find a DGM WRX locally that doesn't like their trunk, but why can't you want an STI wing so we can swap trunks? I really want to get rid of my STI wing for a WRX wing!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

DGM FTW, tint that thing though

Quote Originally Posted by aznwrxlover View Post
    I'm in the same boat currently... It definitely is hard to hold back. These cars beg to be driven fast and this break-in period is painful.

And here is a pic with those wheels you mentioned. Definitely looks nice. On tirerack.com you can view any wheels they have available on your car - it's where I got this pic.

Name:	wrx_17_Dark_Gray.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	105360
    Those wheels look hot.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Sorry teflon I'm looking to go bare back for the trunk but if I end up doing a pull and plug with the wing like rage suggested ill definitely let you know.

Thanks for the picture aznwrxlover, I've actually used that feature on tirerack before but just didn't even think about it when i was checking out these rims.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Congrats and welcome!

Finally I find a DGM WRX locally that doesn't like their trunk, but why can't you want an STI wing so we can swap trunks? I really want to get rid of my STI wing for a WRX wing!
    Since your in CO hopefully you can help me with a tuning question. I actually bought the car in Massachusetts but I'll be moving out to Denver in about a month. I plan on getting a proper tune after I get some bolt on's in but it will be at least a few months before that. How important is it to tune the car for driving in the higher Denver altitude, can i get away without a tune until i get some aftermarket things together?

You don't need to get a tune for the altitude. Your ECU can adjust for that all by itself.
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

ok thanks. Any recommendations on where to go when I get some things together and do need a tune?

Quote Originally Posted by im_spoolin View Post
    ok thanks. Any recommendations on where to go when I get some things together and do need a tune?
    I'm a fan of Revolutions Performance here in Colorado Springs. They are an AP dealer as well and give you a discount if you get a protune when you buy it.

There's a couple of good tuners in Denver, but I don't know them. If Kevin/Sinister chimes in I know he knows of a couple.
    Scott

Honestly man I would give Eric at torqued performance a call. You can't beat the price and his e tunes are just as good if not better than most pro tunes. Are you in Colorado I think I saw that you are. if so he can give you a dyno tune as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.