New '12 blue WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New '12 blue WRX within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When I was in afghanistan, i probably built this car 3-4 times a day. x 230 days = 920 times ...

New '12 blue WRX

When I was in afghanistan, i probably built this car 3-4 times a day. x 230 days = 920 times I went onto the subaru website to "build my own" wrx. I read every wrx vs STI thread. I read every review, and followed every youtube video if it had to do with a wrx. Initially I was sold on a Legacy GT. Holy, Crap. that car is hard to find. So I finally get home from my service overseas, and here I am in the middle of Oklahoma city, and apparently, SOA doesn't "allot" too many WRX's to this part of the the US. east coast and rockies, good to go. But here in the flatlands of wind and clay, good luck. I went to craigslist. I went to autotrader. i googled wrx under $30k for months on end. I eventually found a local dealer that had a base dark grey wrx I could take out for spin. I drove that car for a good 45 minutes, and the longer I drove it, the more excited I got about it. I almost pulled the trigger on the car i wanted but the color was kinda... meh... until I went into my local subaru dealer and found I could get a brand new 2012 model for the same price as this used 2011. They had a silver one coming in with all the options i wanted, but the more i looked at the silver impreza's, the more I liked the blue STI sitting next to it. Ok, mr. salesman, I want that car, with these options, in WR blue. Initially, i was told they couldn't get it. Autotrader, cars101, edmonds, usaa, pick your website, nothing available. So my salesman gave me the "let's see what we can do" schpiel.. I wasn't expecting much. Really I was expecting him to find a limited model for $32k+ which was a bit out of my budget. But hold onto your hats, a blue wrx with the options I wanted was available, "somewhere" in the US. I asked where it was, and they wouldn't tell me due it being a handshake trade between dealers. All i know is it wasn't close. The manager looked at this "secret" document of where they could get it, and his first reaction was, "wow, that's far away"... either way, a deposit was put down, and now i'm just waiting on delivery. Brand new 2012 WR blue WRX, blue illumination, short throw shifter, auto-dim homelink compass mirror, and subwoofer, all for the mid $26's.. Pictures to post soon as I get it. looking like memorial day weekend... Excited and impatient doesn't even begin to describe my feeling for this car. The fact that I can pay cash for it, and the performance of turbo charged AWD... I'm bout to make a mess in my pants waiting for it....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First and foremost, thanks for your service. You must be stationed at FT. Sill? Anyway, congrats on the car, enjoy the heck out of it.
    2012 WRX PremmiumStock ...for now
    1987 Turbo Regal.....Too many Mods

Like Tim said, thanks for fighting for us. I'm in the same boat you are, waiting for my 2012 WRB WRX. I ordered mine 6 weeks ago but still don't have a solid date for when it'll arrive. The anticipation is too much! Let us know what you think of it when you get yours.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.