2005 wrx... Is it worth the purchase?? Need help

This is a discussion on 2005 wrx... Is it worth the purchase?? Need help within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I found this Subaru for sale in a reasonable distance. I talked to the guy about it and he purchased ...

2005 wrx... Is it worth the purchase?? Need help

I found this Subaru for sale in a reasonable distance. I talked to the guy about it and he purchased it with 30k miles on it. Has a r-title due to an accident.

Here is his post:
    For Sale: For Sale 2005 silver Subaru Impreza WRX with 144k miles. 5spd manual PW,PDL,PM, moonroof , heated seats and mirrors, STI hood scoop , front bumper lip and rear bumper extensions, Tinted windows, HKS BOV, over sized top mount intercooler, turbo back exhaust w/ 4in downpipe,cold air intake, Greddy weighted shift knob, Cobb Accessport tuner, A piller gauge cluster with Boost , oil pressure and exhaust temp gauges, front and rear strut tower bars, Pioneer AVICD3 in dash CD/DVD player with navigation, bluetooth and Sirus. Polk component speakers in front and Polk coaxial speakers in rear, MTX amp with Eclipse 12in subwoofer, rear view mirror with built in 3in screen, DEI Viper alarm with remote start,Turbo timer ,new tires, brakes and new state inspection. Runs great, very fast but could use a paint job, tuned at Cobb stage 2 : 93 octane 285 hp ,285 lb-ft torque , 17.5 psi max boost. No Joy rides, Serious inquires only.Car does have a R-title. $9000 OBO

I talked him to $6k without even seeing the car yet. I told him he could keep the sound system. What should I do about this car? Should I try to talk him lower? Is the price right where it's at if everything checks out ok? Should I stay away? Need help ASAP!! Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Why are you considering a modified car? Is this s second car?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Why are you considering a modified car? Is this s second car?
    I want a wrx and it's around my price range. This will be my daily driver

IMO, since its a daily driver i wouldnt take the risk. It has alot of mods and chances are it wasn't tuned properly. It says he is stage 2 from accesport. With that he shouldn't have the Bigger top mount, BOV and 4 inch downpipe.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray
    23:4--3:6--27:1

Quote Originally Posted by The Gator View Post
    IMO, since its a daily driver i wouldnt take the risk. It has alot of mods and chances are it wasn't tuned properly. It says he is stage 2 from accesport. With that he shouldn't have the Bigger top mount, BOV and 4 inch downpipe.
    So stage 2 cobb programmed with the accesport tuner with a bigger top mount intercooler is bad?

It might not kill your car but stage 2 is not set up for a bigger inter cooler. Stage 2 is for a downpipe and most often a new catback. When you add different things it needs to be retuned in order to work with the new mods.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray
    23:4--3:6--27:1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ltownwrestler7 View Post
    I want a wrx and it's around my price range. This will be my daily driver
    It would not be mine.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Don't know if this is local to you or not, but this looks like a mostly unmodified, maintained car for the same price, maybe lower. Could be a nice daily driver...VA: 2002 WRX
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1