34 years of Japanese fun!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 34 years of Japanese fun! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I thought you guys might enjoy this picture I took the other day. My 2012 WRX in front, and my ...

34 years of Japanese fun!

I thought you guys might enjoy this picture I took the other day.

My 2012 WRX in front, and my 1978 Datsun 280z in back.
    2012 Base WRB WRX Hatch Stock
    1978 Datsun 280z Fully restored and lightly restomodded: http://www.zcar.com/members_rides/no..._890384.0.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a 78 280Z with ZX 14" alloys, recarpeted interior, and "Testarossa" style mirrors. Are those Panasports on your Z?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Saw this on reddit earlier today, lol
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Not Panasports, Konig Rewinds in 16". A member of my Z car club does have vintage minilites though, those are sexy. I think he had more trouble getting lug nuts than he did wheels. The lug nuts haven't been made in years, he had to have someone at the minilite factory in England dig through their old parts department and manage to scrounge up the last set they had.

And yes Maus, I am a karma-"one who provides pleasure for money" (gotta keep the language clean here!).
    1978 Datsun 280z Fully restored and lightly restomodded: http://www.zcar.com/members_rides/no..._890384.0.html

More pics of the Z!!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah, those are 16", I see. I used to run 225/60/14 on my ZX alloys and that size has probably not been made in years anyway. Time flies. I like your fender flares too.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yeah, I used to run the same 6 spoke 280zx wheels. They were nice when I had them, but you really have to step up the size nowadays if you want anything performance oriented.

I Support ClubWRX
    Those old Z's are awesome. Yours looks like it's in great shape.

I Support ClubWRX
    That Z is bloody sexy. Pics?
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome Z.Do you have any video?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice!

I also had a '78. There are pics up here somewhere.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Holy crap that Z is beautiful.
    2004 wrx 5-door, freshie in college, miss my car

I Support ClubWRX
    My first Z was a 73 with dual SU carbs, the revised differential location, and the late style rear defroster (horizontal lines, not vertical). My second Z was a 78 with ZX wheels, black ZX turbo valve cover, VDO vac gauge, "TR" mirrors, DIY new carpets throughout, and a functioning A/C. Those were the days.

KRowe, many pics can be seen in the link in my sig, as well as the whole restoration.

SD_GR, did the 73 have the flat top carbs, or was it switched to round tops?

Unfortunately, I do not have any videos, but I will try to get one this summer. The dual glasspacks sound amazing when you get on her.

Thanks for all the compliments!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jas280z View Post
    SD_GR, did the 73 have the flat top carbs, or was it switched to round tops?
    I thought the flat tops were more of an 80s import motor thing, and have not seen them in a Z that I know of actually. I've seen them on L18 motors for 510/710 guys that blew up their stock US motor and got a JP used motor to drop in. I could swear my SU carbs were round top but it was many beers ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.