Bigger Fuel injectors
Protune

Edited 6-17-13

*Updated 3-26-13*

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Lookin good! Nice color.

To answer your question, no - the tint will not affect your auto-dimming mirror. A light sensor in the mirror compares the amount of light reflected around it / the mirror to the rest of the light in the cabin. It then uses an electrochromic gel to darken/lighten the mirror's reflection to better match the rest of the ambient light around you. So if you have a tint on your rear window, it will simply let less light in. This in turn will not do anything bad to your auto-dimming mirror, it will just dim less because less light is passing through the rear window and meeting the sensor.

#5 ·
Congrats on the purchase! Did you buy the car with the exhaust & finishers, or put them on yourself? When I ordered mine, I couldn't get the finishers and SPT exhaust together.

You may want to consider other boost gauge options, as the SPT is pricey.

#17 ·
First update!

Been a while since my last post, I'm still pretty new at this and the mod bug has been itching. Few aesthetic mods, minor performance mods.

My car looks blind.

Masking and paint. I used Krylon's Stained glass paint and clearcoat.

Finished product.

#20 ·
2011 WRX 5dr Premium
Auto-dimming mirror, Heated seats, Media jacks, hands-free bluetooth

I been reading everyone's posts and drooling, now I want to be one of the cool kids too. =)

So Far:
SPT Catback Exhaust
STI Short Throw Shifter
Exhaust Tips Finisher

Coming soon:
Cobb Tuning CAI
AccessPORT Tuner
SPT Boost Gauge
Rally Armor Mud Flaps
Rear Light Overlays/ 30ish% Tint
Great pics..how do you you like the SPT and what made you want to get the exhaust finisher ?

#24 ·
The SPT catback is a nice balance between being loud and a nice dull hum on the highway. It has a nice sound when accelerating but doesn't rattle the car when its droning like the Nvidia Qseries exhausts. The exhaust tip finisher is purely aesthetic of course. I think is goes great with all the chrome-ish like trim from the badges to the exhaust.

#31 ·
Cobb AP tuner!

Installed AP tuner with a 91 oct stage 1 tune. Best upgrade to date. The throttle responds smoother, the car sounds different somehow, and the powerband is not as steep. The turbo seems to kick in much sooner on lower rpms and pulls much harder on higher gears. Worth every penny. Cobb had them on sale 10% off somehow. Video coming soon. Tell me what you guys think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.