First Post: My 2011 WRX 5dr Hatch - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on First Post: My 2011 WRX 5dr Hatch within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Installed AP tuner with a 91 oct stage 1 tune. Best upgrade to date. The throttle responds smoother, the car ...

Cobb AP tuner!

Installed AP tuner with a 91 oct stage 1 tune. Best upgrade to date. The throttle responds smoother, the car sounds different somehow, and the powerband is not as steep. The turbo seems to kick in much sooner on lower rpms and pulls much harder on higher gears. Worth every penny. Cobb had them on sale 10% off somehow. Video coming soon. Tell me what you guys think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mmmmm, widebody hatch make Homer happy!

Just got a Cobb CAI and box in today. I've heard pretty good reviews about this one and obviously, it is one of the more popular CAIs I've researched.

I like that you've included a ton of pictures for our visual enjoyment.

Is it true that the Cobb CAI feeds only from the factory snorkel? I wonder if there's really any benefit over the factory setup...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    I like that you've included a ton of pictures for our visual enjoyment.

Is it true that the Cobb CAI feeds only from the factory snorkel? I wonder if there's really any benefit over the factory setup...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    I think the Cobb CAI that works off factory snorkels only applied to 07 and back scoobers. with 08 +, you replace the whole factory unit including the MAF hose and transplant the MAF sensor from the stock hose to the new one. That means the box comes out, the tubes come out, transplant the air sensor, but the factory air scoop that pulls air from the front of the car stays.

The Cobb CAI works great so far! With a new stage 1 tune of course, the car seems to pull harder at high rpms, the boost comes in sooner but the overall jerkyness from shifting and daily driving went away. It is much smoother! Plus there's the sound it makes, I can only describe it as sucking something through a straw... but here's a video. Sorry for the quality, just listen for the sound!

Quote Originally Posted by tommyle View Post
    The Cobb CAI works great so far! With a new stage 1 tune of course, the car seems to pull harder at high rpms, the boost comes in sooner but the overall jerkyness from shifting and daily driving went away. It is much smoother! Plus there's the sound it makes, I can only describe it as sucking something through a straw... but here's a video. Sorry for the quality, just listen for the sound!

How much does a stage 1 tune cost? I plan to get a CAI too.

to do it yourself, $500-600 with the Cobb AccessPort Tuner. $300+ for a good pro tune.

I Support ClubWRX
    Im sure you know by now but the original post claims maybe say goodbye td04 turbo..

Your car doesnt have a TD04 turbo.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

How hard or easy is it to work with the AP? Coming from never using/seeing one before

Pretty Easy, plug into the OBDII port under the steering wheel and press a few buttons, then restart the car. Very Simple. Just have to make sure you load the right tune. (ex. If you have intake, or downpipe, California or other states)

Quote Originally Posted by tommyle View Post
    Pretty Easy, plug into the OBDII port under the steering wheel and press a few buttons, then restart the car. Very Simple. Just have to make sure you load the right tune. (ex. If you have intake, or downpipe, California or other states)
    So everything is preset in the AP? Like if I install a Cobb intake, and I m in CA, the AP already has these options to select, just a press of a button?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    So everything is preset in the AP? Like if I install a Cobb intake, and I m in CA, the AP already has these options to select, just a press of a button?
    Yep, with a press of a button. Or maybe three, believe me, its cake.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accessport...x/WRX-Map-Grid

Start here, they also have tunes for race gas! I'm still on 91 octane though...
    Last edited by tommyle; 04-22-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Gained +1 HP today with some engine dress. I think it looks great. Not sure what it does, but it looks great.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast