Scarmack's Photography Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Scarmack's Photography Thread within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got Photoshop CS6 installed, I hope I can get some good pics posted up soon so all you photo ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Just got Photoshop CS6 installed, I hope I can get some good pics posted up soon so all you photo pros can help me learn how to tweak this program for my photos.Thanks for posting the link about the car shoot, that's a huge help in understanding your process.
    Last edited by carnevino; 05-02-2012 at 03:03 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    Just got Photoshop CS6 installed, I hope I can get some good pics posted up soon so all you photo pros can help me learn how to tweak this program for my photos.
    Cs6!!! Damn, didn't even know that was out yet haha. I'm going to have to go check that out. Be sure to post up some photos. I love critiquing.

Finally got a new photo of my tattoo finished. Well the one on my arm at least haha. I had some work done on my leg also, still need to finish up the last session. On number 3...

View larger to see the details

All sizes | Behind the Lens | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

SOOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice work, Sean! I've been an amateur photographer for 50 years, but can't get the knack of editing digital.

I was just in your neighborhood on Thursday, buying a used smart Cabrio in Hermitage. I should have you shoot some photos when I come back over to pick it up next week.

Color me impressed,
    Steve

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice pics!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by smorris View Post
    Very nice work, Sean! I've been an amateur photographer for 50 years, but can't get the knack of editing digital.

I was just in your neighborhood on Thursday, buying a used smart Cabrio in Hermitage. I should have you shoot some photos when I come back over to pick it up next week.

Color me impressed,
    Steve
    That sounds awesome! PM me and we'll work out some details.

Woke up to some visitors today haha

SOOC

SOOC

Awesome Pics...subscribed as well
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Your editing skillz continue to impress.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

the one pic looks like a matte finish. So badass.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Sweet stuff man, I'm impressed! I'm a big fan of the high contrast style you have. In particular I'm impressed how taking the actual picture seems to be only about half of the finished image. So much of your end result comes from Photoshop (not a bad thing) but still wouldn't be possible to get the final result without you being able to see the finished result in your mind when taking the original picture. That's definitely something I can learn from.

I tend to focus mostly on getting the look I want in the camera and then tweaking it in Photoshop later... but I mostly end up just playing around in PS until I like the end result, rather than going straight for a particular look, if that makes sense.

I work in video production for a living, but I shoot almost all my videos on a Canon 60D and have gotten really into photography lately, including shooting photos for my clients. I'd be curious what you thought of some of my shots and editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    Sweet stuff man, I'm impressed! I'm a big fan of the high contrast style you have. In particular I'm impressed how taking the actual picture seems to be only about half of the finished image. So much of your end result comes from Photoshop (not a bad thing) but still wouldn't be possible to get the final result without you being able to see the finished result in your mind when taking the original picture. That's definitely something I can learn from.

I tend to focus mostly on getting the look I want in the camera and then tweaking it in Photoshop later... but I mostly end up just playing around in PS until I like the end result, rather than going straight for a particular look, if that makes sense.

I work in video production for a living, but I shoot almost all my videos on a Canon 60D and have gotten really into photography lately, including shooting photos for my clients. I'd be curious what you thought of some of my shots and editing.
    Thanks man! I'm a huge fan of high contrast and that "grunge" look. The darker the mood the better. I really enjoy "creating art" with photography, rather than just snapping a picture and posting it. To me, photography is about telling a story and creating emotions through a image. Anyone, no matter of skill or age can take a photograph of something. The only difference that sets any two similiar images apart is mood in which the photographer is telling. I have a pretty simple process. Long focal, tight DOF. I typically shoot a little brighter in the camera and then edit for darker.

Each photo has a different feel and mood to it. But to me, the cooler, darker one has a stronger mood to it.

SOOC

Edit

And as far as checking out your work, I would love to. I enjoy looking at others work because it also helps with my own work, seeing what other people do, and what they did that I like, or what I might improve on, etc. So feel free to either post up a link or PM me some stuff and I'd be happy to take a look

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123