Scarmack's Photography Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Scarmack's Photography Thread within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Self Portrait. Cool thing about this shot. It was done on a pure white background My bike when I use ...

Self Portrait. Cool thing about this shot. It was done on a pure white background

My bike when I use to race Motocross. Custom Scarmack Photography graphics

Dont tread on me tattttttttt

Senior Portrait

Senior Portrait

Senior Portrait

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    i already made the gauge pic my background haha
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Self Portrait

Split Personality

Are you prepared?

BW Kiss

I Support ClubWRX
    Really outstanding pics Scarmack! I just picked up a d3000 last week and I'm loving it so far. A tad intimidating at 1st trying to learn from a point and shoot to a dslr. I've tried doing a FxIf on your pics but the data isn't coming up. Would you mind sharing w/ me how you processed the pics of your car and the last "senior portrait"? you can send me the info in a pm if you'd prefer. I'm trying to learn about shooting w/ a shallow depth of field and playing around w/ some aperture setting's.

Nice picture you got there! the car photo somewhat looks like its been taken from a game. It looks awesome with the blur effects. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    Really outstanding pics Scarmack! I just picked up a d3000 last week and I'm loving it so far. A tad intimidating at 1st trying to learn from a point and shoot to a dslr. I've tried doing a FxIf on your pics but the data isn't coming up. Would you mind sharing w/ me how you processed the pics of your car and the last "senior portrait"? you can send me the info in a pm if you'd prefer. I'm trying to learn about shooting w/ a shallow depth of field and playing around w/ some aperture setting's.
    Haha sorry about the data. Photoshop removes it. I have nothing to hide and will tell you exactly how I did it. As for the camera settings. I try to keep the aperture as low as possible. Both the car and senior portrait were shot at F 2.8 I set up most of my photos with a clear image in my head. Most if not all of my photos contain high contrast and a dark grunge look.

The first thing I do with any image is adjust the main elements. Brightness. Contrast. Color. Then from there I nit pick. If there are any blemishes. Whether its a pimple on someone's face or a rock on the ground. I clone out any and every imperfection I can find. Then I make my blacks blacker and whites whiter by using the dodge and burn tools. Especially on my close up portraits. I love dodging and burning the eyes. Like in the last senior pic your referring to. The eyes look soooooo. Alive and vibrant. And of course fake. But I like it and it gives it a cool look. I actually started doing a lot of before and after shots. I like seeing the difference because sometimes I forget what I really started with and it's cool to see the progress. Enough rambling haha. Any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

You've got some serious talent my friend. Is this how you make a living?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    You've got some serious talent my friend. Is this how you make a living?
    Thank you, seriously. But no, I'm just someone who really enjoys taking photos and making people say "wow". I do make money of my work though, just not full time. "Yet"

For those interested in seeing how this image was made check out the link below. Details and all

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scarmac...n/photostream/
    Last edited by scarmack; 05-01-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    Thank you, seriously. But no, I'm just someone who really enjoys taking photos and making people say "wow". I do make money of my work though, just not full time. "Yet"
    You're welcome! I'm a photographer wannabe but haven't really pursued increasing my skill beyond understanding the basics of how my camera works and trying to frame halfway decently. You clearly have natural talent and lots of drive to make to take the art as far as you can.

PS. I just thought you might've been a pro from the wedding shots you threw in there.
    - Will

You're welcome! I'm a photographer wannabe but haven't really pursued increasing my skill beyond understanding the basics of how my camera works and trying to frame halfway decently. You clearly have natural talent and lots of drive to make to take the art as far as you can.

PS. I just thought you might've been a pro from the wedding shots you threw in there.
    Haha. Right now I'm just working on my craft and mastering as much as I can, and only being 22. I'm working on just getting my name out there and showing people my work before I take the leap into the "Professional" side of it. Weddings are where the money is at, but they can be very stressful. I haven't had a bride zilla yet, so I'm very lucky there. I try to keep everything as laid back and as simple as possible so nothing is stressful. My packages are very simple. I take the photos, edit them, burn to a CD and call it a day. I give you websites I reccomend for printing wallets, posters and albums etc and I give you my security code so you get a discount and everyone is usually pretty happy about it. I hate printing for two reasons, one its extremely time consuming. Making sure everything is perfect. And two, you make no money on it while keeping it reasonably cheap for the customer. So I am always straight forward with the couple. I can do all the printing you want, but I have to charge for my time, I reccomend you go to one of these printing companys who do great work and they can do it a lot cheaper than me because thats what they do. For this next upcoming year. I have 4 weddings already and I have big plans for the high school sports.

Nice! Very similar to who we hired for our wedding. He's a friend of my fiance's sister who worked in journalism and is slowly breaking into weddings as well. Same deal, he does the photos, cleans em up, and puts em on disc for us. After watching my sister wait for a year and a half to get her photos, I'm looking forward to the more laid-back approach.
    - Will

Nice! Very similar to who we hired for our wedding. He's a friend of my fiance's sister who worked in journalism and is slowly breaking into weddings as well. Same deal, he does the photos, cleans em up, and puts em on disc for us. After watching my sister wait for a year and a half to get her photos, I'm looking forward to the more laid-back approach.
    I couldn't agree more. If I have to wait longer than two months my photographer is going to have his hands full. Then again I'll prolly be my own photographer and set it up on a tripod and timer hahah

Senior Portrait

Portrait

Old Studio Space

New studio Space

Genesis Coupe Sunrise

Damn man these are awesome. Armin (Verdugo) might have some competition from a youngin here
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast