2012 STI The Dark Side - Page 8
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 STI The Dark Side within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I use this.Its very discreet.It uses a sticker pad that you attach to the back of the AP & then ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I use this.Its very discreet.It uses a sticker pad that you attach to the back of the AP & then slide into the holder that is attached to the vent.

Amazon.com: Bracketron STM-100-BL Mobile Hold-iT Universal Device Holder for GPS: MP3 Players & Accessories
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Epic, thanks so much guys. PS your car looks really nice.
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Teflon I have to slightly disagree with you on a couple fronts. 1. Mobil 1 is known to run good in some of these cars and miserable in others so that isn't really the best option for many. Also, I run 0W30 but it is an oil that is rated (through analyses) above most oils out there. I have run Mobil 1 (junk in my motor) Rotella (feels awesome but burns like crazy) and now GC and the GC is incredible. Bob the oil guy seems to agree even though it isn't the recommended weight.

Also, if you can't tell your motor is running smoother then you aren't paying attention. Does that mean its running mechanically better? No, but I can tell if my motor is running smoother.

ps - I am pretty sure that 0W30 is in my acceptable range through Subaru but it isn't the first choice, yet I think its a better one and many would agree
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I've never met anyone in the world that possesses the superhuman abilities to tell a different oil has made their engine run smoother. As to your statement of "why not" use the new oil, I'm curious why you think people you don't know writing reviews about an oil you've never used know more than the Subaru engineers with hundreds (if not thousands) of years of combined engine design experience? And that your friends know more than said engineers? And also if you're going to try another oil, why not use the recommended oil weight of 5w-30 rather than the 5w-40? Subaru does list 5w-40 as acceptable, but doesn't recommend it in the ambient temperature range your vehicle operates in.

Personally I use primarily Mobil 1 in all my vehicles and have for over 15 years, though my recent oil change in my Porsche was with Motul racing oil since the car is primarily a track car and weekend warrior that's driven hard and not a daily driver.

No offense, but I think you should find some more knowledgeable people than your young, inexperienced friends to get car advice from, or take it from general internet reviews of products you know nothing about. Just a friendly piece of advice since it's clear you don't know much about cars. I'm not sure how old you are but I can guess pretty well, and at your age I didn't know nearly as much about cars as I do now. I learned by reading everything I could find from trusted sources, listening to people that had knowledge back then I do now, and by making some mistakes and getting a lot of things right. But it's your car and your money. And while I don't agree with most of your ways, I do think that steering wheel is pretty cool.
    This guy makes sense! I think Subaru engineers know a little more about which oil works best in their engines, I'd take their word over, insert random name here > __________ on a forum. They are obligated to give you a perfectly working engine for 3-5 years depending on warranty, so clearly it would be in their best interest to do serious research before they recommend the correct oil for these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Teflon I have to slightly disagree with you on a couple fronts. 1. Mobil 1 is known to run good in some of these cars and miserable in others so that isn't really the best option for many. Also, I run 0W30 but it is an oil that is rated (through analyses) above most oils out there. I have run Mobil 1 (junk in my motor) Rotella (feels awesome but burns like crazy) and now GC and the GC is incredible. Bob the oil guy seems to agree even though it isn't the recommended weight.

Also, if you can't tell your motor is running smoother then you aren't paying attention. Does that mean its running mechanically better? No, but I can tell if my motor is running smoother.

ps - I am pretty sure that 0W30 is in my acceptable range through Subaru but it isn't the first choice, yet I think its a better one and many would agree
    This.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

ill be back in 2 weeks(out for vacation to china)

cusco lateral link

I Support ClubWRX
    China, huh? Not my first choice of vacation spots, but I'm jaded from going to Asia so much on business...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

yea im gonna go to china(beijing,hongkong,shanhai,macau and etc)so it will be fun

I Support ClubWRX
    just to visit or is there a reason to go to china. wouldnt be the first spot on my list
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

teaser.(thx to my friends back home for keeping update of my car)

so random car that i took in macau,china

Gtr in shanghai(the bund),china

I Support ClubWRX
    Is that an EVO II?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Whoa...an older Evo! Nice (Evo 5 or so).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Wheels look great in the car
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Performance:
    Wrong DP.
    Wrong coilovers.
    Wrong wheels.
    Wrong links.

Aesthetics:
    Looks great.....well, except the mudflaps, pin-striping, and ebay lip.

As for the argument about whether people should be judgmental about your mods:
    If you don't want opinions about your car, don't post pics of it on the internet. ....Duh!!
    Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Performance:
    Wrong DP.
    Wrong coilovers.
    Wrong wheels.
    Wrong links.

Aesthetics:
    Looks great.....well, except the mudflaps, pin-striping, and ebay lip.

As for the argument about whether people should be judgmental about your mods:
    If you don't want opinions about your car, don't post pics of it on the internet. ....Duh!!

fixed*

Wrong Car.