2012 STI The Dark Side - Page 7
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 STI The Dark Side within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Be careful with T6. It ran well for a while on my motor then had a tendency to disappear. If ...

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Be careful with T6. It ran well for a while on my motor then had a tendency to disappear. If you have an issue try German Castrol or Redline or Motul
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bonus:

Keep is up man, car looks great. Nice custom ramps there
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

I Support ClubWRX
    wow the steering wheel looks really good
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
    Very well off friends and track days. My seat time in the 4.0 is limited as I can't financially replace the car if something happens. When I go to the track these days, I am usually with a new RS, RS4.0 and several GT-R's. Ironically enough, a properly setup GT-R with mild upgrades will turn a faster lap than both Porsches. It's just not nearly as rewarding. My car does well considering the crowd. I really need to install this new turbo I have sitting on my desk to try to keep up with that amount of power at the track though...
    I've considered a GT-R several times, but the lack of a manual means it's not for me. I've also heard the same feedback that they're not very rewarding to drive from quite a few people. They can be made stupid fast just like a 911 Turbo (but are cheaper to buy, mod, and maintain) but aren't known to be a driver's car nearly as much as a 911.

Quote Originally Posted by supawrx11 View Post
    btw did my oil change at 1036mi
    Rotella T6 Synthetic
    Sorry but I have to ask: Why aren't you using the correct weight oil?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

well subaru recommended 5w-30 for our car but after i read a lot of review about rotella 5w-40 and my friends recommended me too why not give it a try?and I'm really happy with rotella t6 so much smoother now.

What exactly do you mean it's "so much smoother now"?
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

my engine...what oil did u use?

I Support ClubWRX
    i never really notice a difference if i use different brand oils, i dont use different weights for that matter
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by supawrx11 View Post
    my engine...what oil did u use?
    I've never met anyone in the world that possesses the superhuman abilities to tell a different oil has made their engine run smoother. As to your statement of "why not" use the new oil, I'm curious why you think people you don't know writing reviews about an oil you've never used know more than the Subaru engineers with hundreds (if not thousands) of years of combined engine design experience? And that your friends know more than said engineers? And also if you're going to try another oil, why not use the recommended oil weight of 5w-30 rather than the 5w-40? Subaru does list 5w-40 as acceptable, but doesn't recommend it in the ambient temperature range your vehicle operates in.

Personally I use primarily Mobil 1 in all my vehicles and have for over 15 years, though my recent oil change in my Porsche was with Motul racing oil since the car is primarily a track car and weekend warrior that's driven hard and not a daily driver.

No offense, but I think you should find some more knowledgeable people than your young, inexperienced friends to get car advice from, or take it from general internet reviews of products you know nothing about. Just a friendly piece of advice since it's clear you don't know much about cars. I'm not sure how old you are but I can guess pretty well, and at your age I didn't know nearly as much about cars as I do now. I learned by reading everything I could find from trusted sources, listening to people that had knowledge back then I do now, and by making some mistakes and getting a lot of things right. But it's your car and your money. And while I don't agree with most of your ways, I do think that steering wheel is pretty cool.
    Scott

@ the ramps to get down the driveway...I know that all to well from my 2007 STI Limited when I had the lip.

BTW...that steering wheel is baller. Easy to swap all the internals?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Question for the OP or anyone else who knows.. I see people mounting their AP in that cradle that clips into the air vent. Any idea where I can pick one up? I'm sure it's just a generic device holder.
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

Quote Originally Posted by KRowe View Post
    Question for the OP or anyone else who knows.. I see people mounting their AP in that cradle that clips into the air vent. Any idea where I can pick one up? I'm sure it's just a generic device holder.
    Quick search, it looks a lot like this. But then again, I may be completely off

Universal Car Air Vent Cell Phone Holder | Overstock.com

Buy.com - Rotatable Car Windshield Holder Mount with Air Vent Attatchment + Rapid Car Charger for Blackberry 8

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    @ the ramps to get down the driveway...I know that all to well from my 2007 STI Limited when I had the lip.

BTW...that steering wheel is baller. Easy to swap all the internals?

thx

yea its easy just remember to disconnect the battery before u removing the steering wheel(air bag)

Quote Originally Posted by KRowe View Post
    i got mine from ebay for $6 its a phone holder or u can buy one at rallysport direct

Proto Tuning Tool Holder / Mount Black at RallySportDirect.com

Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    yup thats the one

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.