2012 STI The Dark Side - Page 5
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 STI The Dark Side within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Annihilator817 But the STI is not faster than the WRX. And the STI dampers are junk, it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817 View Post
    But the STI is not faster than the WRX. And the STI dampers are junk, it needs an instant shock upgrade to even be passable as a performance car. That's not to say the BC's, as well as all of the other identical brands produced at Bor Chuan aren't worse than OE STI dampers, because they certainly are horrible.

But a stock STI is not much of a performer, and the stock handling of the cars is horrible because of the AWD.
    Wait, what? This makes absolutely no sense what so ever.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    While I don't understand the whole "stance" thing, I think the wheels are pretty awesome looking, although oversized. I could see a set on my own car (in a much more fitted wheel size, like 17", that is).

I'm curious to see how that steering wheel looks when all is said and done. I see the flattened lower edge, but I can't picture it looking much different from stock when everything is installed. Pics will tell.
    One of the first pages has the wheel installed in a pic I think...looked awesome.

And STI wheels are 18 inches stock.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Banned
    Are you thinking about removing the wing too? Maybe even do a transmission swap, take out the 6speed for a 5 ? 5speed is much more dd friendly. You should swap out that firm clutch too, maybe with a Honda civic, those are pretty soft and comfy.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    O.o

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    ****s about to get crazy in here
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    And STI wheels are 18 inches stock.
    New one's yes. I was referring to fitting those wheels on my bugeye, though, not the OP's car.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Wait, what? This makes absolutely no sense what so ever.
    I'm not surprised.

Most WRX and STI owners have incredibly wild an innaccurate misconceptions about these cars, as well as very little understanding about the quality of Korean knockoffs.

So don't feel bad, you are simply a victim of predatory, yet highly successful marketing.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ummmm dude. You also own a WRX.....

Why you trolling?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I'm not surprised.

Most WRX and STI owners have incredibly wild an innaccurate misconceptions about these cars, as well as very little understanding about the quality of Korean knockoffs.

So don't feel bad, you are simply a victim of predatory, yet highly successful marketing.
    So considering you too, have a Subaru...you fall victim just the same, and are thus subject to your own wildly inaccurate misconception (which is what again?) about these cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not surprised.

Hmm, let me put this diplomatically. You are posting on a forum that's devoted to these cars. We're going to be fanboys. That being said, this is not a thread for getting into arguments. This is to let the OP show off his car. If you want to talk about how Korean cars are better, feel free, but start a new thread someplace else.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Get those windows tinted and you sir, will have one great looking car. Not saying that you already don't.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Ummmm dude. You also own a WRX.....

Why you trolling?
    So considering you too, have a Subaru...you fall victim just the same, and are thus subject to your own wildly inaccurate misconception (which is what again?) about these cars.

I bought the WRX for a specific purpose, and it serves that purpose, period.

I knew I was buying a car with horrible handling that has terminal understeer. I know that the 11 WRX is faster than the 11 STI in a straight line. I know that the WRX weighs 200lbs+ less than the STI. I know that that these cars are fat pigs, that don't want to change direction when you turn the wheel.

I know quite a bit. And really, if you aren't looking for 500hp without breaking the car, and if you don't need the fancy diffs (and 99.9999% of STI owners do not need the diffs), then the WRX is in fact faster in a straight line, and will actually handle better than an STI....albeit only slightly.

Really though, these cars handle like doodoo. If you disagree, you are just plain ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Hmm, let me put this diplomatically. You are posting on a forum that's devoted to these cars. We're going to be fanboys. That being said, this is not a thread for getting into arguments. This is to let the OP show off his car. If you want to talk about how Korean cars are better, feel free, but start a new thread someplace else.
    OP posted the link to this thread over on NASIOC and asked people to pop over and give their .02

So actually, this is a good thread for debate.

I disagree. I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is. I love my STI...it handles amazingly out of the box. And handles any better in the snow.

See what I did there? Forrest Gump FTW!

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought the WRX for a specific purpose, and it serves that purpose, period.

I knew I was buying a car with horrible handling that has terminal understeer. I know that the 11 WRX is faster than the 11 STI in a straight line. I know that the WRX weighs 200lbs+ less than the STI. I know that that these cars are fat pigs, that don't want to change direction when you turn the wheel.

I know quite a bit. And really, if you aren't looking for 500hp without breaking the car, and if you don't need the fancy diffs (and 99.9999% of STI owners do not need the diffs), then the WRX is in fact faster in a straight line, and will actually handle better than an STI....albeit only slightly.

Really though, these cars handle like doodoo. If you disagree, you are just plain ignorant.
    Leave it be. You've already admitted you like trolling, so you aren't fooling anyone. Let the OP show off his car and troll some other forum.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon