2012 STI The Dark Side - Page 4
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 389

This is a discussion on 2012 STI The Dark Side within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good job OP. I like it. Looking forward to seeing more...

  1. #46
    Registered User scarmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sharpsville, PA
    Posts
    810
    Good job OP. I like it. Looking forward to seeing more

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User ea126405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Corn Country
    Posts
    221
    I Support ClubWRX
    I see no reason to disrespect anyone. We are all passionate enthusiasts to whom mods become very personal. That being said, these mods aren't my cup-of-tea, but the car looks hotter than hell. Just 'cause a cup-of-tea is served don't mean you gots to drink it.

    Quote Originally Posted by GOMEZ View Post
    Car looks good OP! Review of the steering wheel?? I'm contemplating one of those or the Prova for my WRX.
    Mr. Gomez, looks like your avatar is ready for an upgrade. Let's see that '11 SWP
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

  4. #48
    Registered User KRowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mattapan
    Posts
    240
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ride looks amazing... In for pics!
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

  5. #49
    Registered User rsutton1223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    162
    I'm running 265/35 Michelin PSS's on 18x9.5 +38 Work Emotion 11R's. My performance didn't decrease. Actually...my lap times got faster on the track...

  6. #50
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,768
    I agree with Dez. He has a right to show off his car. We don't agree with the modpath, and that's fine. He spent the money, so he can do whatever.

    I disagree with the BC Coils being crap however. I know 3 people who have them (2008 WRX, 2000 Swapped GC8/V7 STI, and 2005 STI) and they handle very well, especially on a DD. Best for track? Who knows...none of my friends track them. Are they Bilsteins? No. But they adjust well, hold alignment very well, and have a decent ride quality. The one with the 05 STI for near 3 years now without a single issue and he drives his car hard.

    Airbags though? Not my cup-o-tea. They went out with the 90s IMO...just no real reason to have them unless you want a show-queen.

    But, as is, the car looks good. Enjoy.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  7. #51
    Registered User 11blackwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,830
    I Support ClubWRX
    Im just curious what the drop is on the coilovers and how they do. ive heard some people refer to bc's as junk
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

  8. #52
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,530
    I Support ClubWRX
    That steering wheel is awesome!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  9. #53
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,768
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    That steering wheel is awesome!
    Yeah that did go unnoticed didn't it. I agree...looks really awesome!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  10. #54
    Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,664
    Even I, the angry badger, agree with the steering wheel being awesome
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

  11. #55
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į Rambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denial
    Posts
    4,893
    I Support ClubWRX
    While I don't understand the whole "stance" thing, I think the wheels are pretty awesome looking, although oversized. I could see a set on my own car (in a much more fitted wheel size, like 17", that is).

    I'm curious to see how that steering wheel looks when all is said and done. I see the flattened lower edge, but I can't picture it looking much different from stock when everything is installed. Pics will tell.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

    He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

  12. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Necessary? Im not sure why you are upset about peoples opinions. Lets face it, you bought a performance car in the highest performance category of that car (STI) and then did a bunch to make it slower and handle worse. It makes no sense
    I understand that people have different tastes but that being said, why on earth would you 10k extra for an sti if youre, a. Going to swap out the suspension right away, b. Put giant wheels on it, c. Plan on using as a daily driver d. Did I read this correctly... airbags? ???
    This guy either has a ton of disposable income or he's just plain goofy.

    Should've got a wrx if you dont car about performance, then you couldve had enough money to put airbags on it..haha ( I can't believe I just said that) airbags

  13. #57
    Registered User GOMEZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    136
    I believe OP had a WRX already, traded it in for the STi.

    I'm in agreement, the steering wheel is awesome!
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

  14. #58
    Registered User Annihilator817's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    This guy either has a ton of disposable income or he's just plain goofy.

    Should've got a wrx if you dont car about performance, then you couldve had enough money to put airbags on it..haha ( I can't believe I just said that) airbags

    But the STI is not faster than the WRX. And the STI dampers are junk, it needs an instant shock upgrade to even be passable as a performance car. That's not to say the BC's, as well as all of the other identical brands produced at Bor Chuan aren't worse than OE STI dampers, because they certainly are horrible.

    But a stock STI is not much of a performer, and the stock handling of the cars is horrible because of the AWD.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

  15. #59
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,530
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817 View Post
    But the STI is not faster than the WRX. And the STI dampers are junk, it needs an instant shock upgrade to even be passable as a performance car. That's not to say the BC's, as well as all of the other identical brands produced at Bor Chuan aren't worse than OE STI dampers, because they certainly are horrible.

    But a stock STI is not much of a performer, and the stock handling of the cars is horrible because of the AWD.
    Wait......what?!? No, just no! You take that back right now!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  16. #60
    Registered User supawrx11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Teaneck,nj
    Posts
    144
    lets just knock it off guys,this whole thing its going to far...lol

    for those people thing that i dont care about my car perfomance(should read the first page)i said future mods comin soon,and for right now i dont have a plan to do engine mods yet.


    At Eurofest 2012




    Last edited by supawrx11; 04-30-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •