2012 STI The Dark Side - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 STI The Dark Side within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i read alot good review about bc coilover matter fact most of my friends&people that i know they use bc ...

i read alot good review about bc coilover matter fact most of my friends&people that i know they use bc br for daily&track and they don't complaint about making the car suspension worse(what make u said bc br coil make the car suspension worse?do u use them on ur car before and u have bad experience?btw i don't track my car,i dd my car.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's a simple matter of you get what you pay for. There isn't a single set of coilovers on the market for any vehicle for $1000 that's very good quality. Considering how excellent the STI suspension is from the factory, there's no way a cheap set of coilovers is going to improve it. The stock suspension on the STI is really excellent for both DD and track use. I've had multiple other people in my car on the track that have Porsches with great suspensions and they've all been amazed how good the car is from the factory. Same for the road, people have universally been amazed with how good it is.

What cars do "your friends&the people you know" drive that they've put this suspension on? Unless they're all driving STI's, there's no valid comparison to be made. It entirely possible this coilover setup makes a standard Honda or other cars with mediocre suspensions perform better. There's no way it improves anything in our cars other than lowering the center of gravity based on my experience and knowledge.

Since you don't track your car, why did you purchase a coilover setup? Did you just want to lower it for appearance reasons? That's the only real reason to get different springs and struts or coilovers for a strictly road going STI, and again I'd very much encourage you to go with a high quality spring and strut combo over a cheap set of coilovers. You're going to get much, much, MUCH better performance out of them than the coilovers.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    It's a simple matter of you get what you pay for. There isn't a single set of coilovers on the market for any vehicle for $1000 that's very good quality. Considering how excellent the STI suspension is from the factory, there's no way a cheap set of coilovers is going to improve it. The stock suspension on the STI is really excellent for both DD and track use. I've had multiple other people in my car on the track that have Porsches with great suspensions and they've all been amazed how good the car is from the factory. Same for the road, people have universally been amazed with how good it is.

What cars do "your friends&the people you know" drive that they've put this suspension on? Unless they're all driving STI's, there's no valid comparison to be made. It entirely possible this coilover setup makes a standard Honda or other cars with mediocre suspensions perform better. There's no way it improves anything in our cars other than lowering the center of gravity based on my experience and knowledge.

Since you don't track your car, why did you purchase a coilover setup? Did you just want to lower it for appearance reasons? That's the only real reason to get different springs and struts or coilovers for a strictly road going STI, and again I'd very much encourage you to go with a high quality spring and strut combo over a cheap set of coilovers. You're going to get much, much, MUCH better performance out of them than the coilovers.

I see where u comin from..most of my friends&people that i know they own wrx n sti...bc br is the best bang for ur buck n the quality its not bad at all..well u cant expect bc coil to perform like kw3 or other high quality n expensive coil...the reason i purchased a coil i want to get nice stance (lower the car) n i can put aggresive fitment wheels on my car,im only gonna use bc coil for temporary(while im saving my money for air suspension).

It is your car and your money do what you want with it...as we all know you get what you pay for in this market. Personally I would of saved the grand towards the air set-up if that was my initial goal. Be sure to post some pics when ya get that installed

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Air suspension......seriously?
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by supawrx11 View Post
    I see where u comin from..most of my friends&people that i know they own wrx n sti...bc br is the best bang for ur buck n the quality its not bad at all..well u cant expect bc coil to perform like kw3 or other high quality n expensive coil...the reason i purchased a coil i want to get nice stance (lower the car) n i can put aggresive fitment wheels on my car,im only gonna use bc coil for temporary(while im saving my money for air suspension).
    Is that a joke on the air suspension? I guess I don't understand why you'd buy the coilovers and not just buy a good spring/strut setup that would be all that you'd need long-term, and it would be the same cost as the BC setup.
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

nope thats was my first plan to bag my car,since i need money to go vacation next month so i decided to go with bc br coil first to save some money for my vacation...whats the problem with air suspension now(seems like u don't like my mods on my car or something,but hey every people have different taste on modding their car)?I'm not really interested on good spring/strut n idk how low can i go with good spring/strut setup?im pretty sure bc coil will satisfy me

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

What's the reason for going with an air suspension, especially on an STI? I don't understand that decision at all.

You can go down anywhere from 1" to almost 2" with a spring/strut combo depending on the specific springs you choose. You're not going to want to drop the car any more than that or you'll have serious clearance issues driving it.

It definitely sounds like you're much more about the appearance of the car than the performance. I don't understand why you'd get an STI instead of a regular WRX in that case, but obviously it's your car and choice. Given your lack of desire to keep a high level of performance, you may very well be perfectly happy with a mediocre suspension such as the BC coilovers.
    Scott

Good looking ride!!!!!!!!!

I am in love with those Gramlights.

I Support ClubWRX
    "Impressive, most impressive."

She's a beauty! Gotta love the darkness. I too know the ways of the dark side...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334978247.148646.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	104169

Thx guys!!!

Going to pick up my rims n coil on wednesday n ill try to install the coil n rims at the same day

Bc Br Coilover 8k/10k

Gramslight 57D 18x9.5+22 &Hankook v12 265/35/18

Gtspec D Shape Steering Wheels

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.