2012 STI OBSIDIAN BLACK PEARL

MODIFICATIONS:

EXTERIOR:

-Ebay Cs1 Lip
-R205 Jdm Side Badge Ornament
-Red Pin Stripe Grill
-Debadged Rear Trunk
-Red Tailight Overlay
-Color Changing Led Turn signal&Led Module(so it doesn't blink fast)
-Hella Supertone(comin soon)
-Ht Auto Side skirt&rear lips(comin soon)
-Led Reverse Light
-Rear Jdm Light
-Rally Armor Mud Flap

INTERIOR:

-JPM Coachworks Alcantra Shift Boot&E Brake Boot(comin soon)
-Wc Lathe Werks Shift Knob&Si drive knob(comin soon)
-ATI Tripple Gauge Cluster(comin soon)
-White Led Interior light bulb

SUSPENSION:

-Bc Br Coilover 8k/8k(comin soon)
-Gtspec Camber Arm(comin soon)

WHEELS&TIRES:

-Rays Gramslight 57D 18x9.5+22 Flat Black
-Hankook Ventus V12 265/35/18

ENGINE:

-Cobb Accesport
-Cobb Sf Air Intake+Air Box
-Invidia Catless Downpipe
-Invidia Q300 Quad Tip Catback

Future Mods Comin soon....
The Dark Side Will Rise

See less See more
#35 ·
Those are awfully big wheels and tires. You're really adding a lot of mods to the car that are badly hurting your performance. You've just added at least 5 pounds of unsprung weight to each corner. Consequently your acceleration and braking are really going to suffer and your car is now slower. Like I said in a previous post, it's your car and you can do what you want, but you do realize you're seriously hurting the performance of your car right?

Did you get an alignment done after installing the new suspension

#36 ·
Those wheels really are not that big compared to what a lot of people are putting on STi's. And it's very possible to get a rim and tire that size that does not weigh more than the stock STi base wheels. Maybe different in your case with the lighter BBS wheels on the limited.

#41 ·
Thanks Garrett. :)

I have no idea why the OP has asked for advice from anybody because he doesn't listen, so why ask the questions? And why post a dumb response like that when somebody offers legitimate advice and their opinion in a perfectly nice way? Obviously somebody gets their feelings hurt very easily. That often happens when the truth hits too close to home...

Adios OP. Keep making anti-performance mods to what was a very nicely performing car and is fast becoming mediocre in any way other than appearance. :sadwave:

#47 ·
I see no reason to disrespect anyone. We are all passionate enthusiasts to whom mods become very personal. That being said, these mods aren't my cup-of-tea, but the car looks hotter than hell. Just 'cause a cup-of-tea is served don't mean you gots to drink it.

Mr. Gomez, looks like your avatar is ready for an upgrade. Let's see that '11 SWP

#45 ·
i dont usually do this, but i kinda agree with the OP here. this is the member show off area. he never asked for advice or suspension mod paths or anything

i can understand making one comment on how maybe his choice of coilovers/wheels arent the best, making better suggestions, advising why his choices arent beneficial, etc. but to keep coming back and repeating it over and over it's really doing anything but pestering him.

just my 2 pennies.

Reactions: Mikie13
#50 ·
I agree with Dez. He has a right to show off his car. We don't agree with the modpath, and that's fine. He spent the money, so he can do whatever.

I disagree with the BC Coils being crap however. I know 3 people who have them (2008 WRX, 2000 Swapped GC8/V7 STI, and 2005 STI) and they handle very well, especially on a DD. Best for track? Who knows...none of my friends track them. Are they Bilsteins? No. But they adjust well, hold alignment very well, and have a decent ride quality. The one with the 05 STI for near 3 years now without a single issue and he drives his car hard.

Airbags though? Not my cup-o-tea. They went out with the 90s IMO...just no real reason to have them unless you want a show-queen.

But, as is, the car looks good. Enjoy.

#53 ·
Yeah that did go unnoticed didn't it. I agree...looks really awesome!

#55 ·
While I don't understand the whole "stance" thing, I think the wheels are pretty awesome looking, although oversized. I could see a set on my own car (in a much more fitted wheel size, like 17", that is).

I'm curious to see how that steering wheel looks when all is said and done. I see the flattened lower edge, but I can't picture it looking much different from stock when everything is installed. Pics will tell.

#62 ·
One of the first pages has the wheel installed in a pic I think...looked awesome.

And STI wheels are 18 inches stock. :)

#72 ·
So considering you too, have a Subaru...you fall victim just the same, and are thus subject to your own wildly inaccurate misconception (which is what again?) about these cars.

I bought the WRX for a specific purpose, and it serves that purpose, period.

I knew I was buying a car with horrible handling that has terminal understeer. I know that the 11 WRX is faster than the 11 STI in a straight line. I know that the WRX weighs 200lbs+ less than the STI. I know that that these cars are fat pigs, that don't want to change direction when you turn the wheel.

I know quite a bit. And really, if you aren't looking for 500hp without breaking the car, and if you don't need the fancy diffs (and 99.9999% of STI owners do not need the diffs), then the WRX is in fact faster in a straight line, and will actually handle better than an STI....albeit only slightly.

Really though, these cars handle like doodoo. If you disagree, you are just plain ignorant.

#74 ·
I disagree. I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is. I love my STI...it handles amazingly out of the box. And handles any better in the snow.

See what I did there? Forrest Gump FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.