2012 STI The Dark Side - Page 19
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 STI The Dark Side within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by T0rque I was gonna say my 18x9.5 +35 are way flush.. LOL my 57d is alot aggressive ...

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    I was gonna say my 18x9.5 +35 are way flush.. LOL
    my 57d is alot aggressive 18x9.5+22 265/35/18.

going to pick up my te37sl tomorrow

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Haters gonna hate.

But, IDK Why you got an STi, I guess you got the money to Blow, must be nice.

Looks dumb without tint, IMO.

The headlight housings need to be blacked out, and the tail's need to be blacked out also.

Good luck with it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXZX141K View Post
    Haters gonna hate.

But, IDK Why you got an STi, I guess you got the money to Blow, must be nice.

Looks dumb without tint, IMO.

The headlight housings need to be blacked out, and the tail's need to be blacked out also.

Good luck with it.
    Why wouldnt he buy the STi? The STi is the better choice out of the two vehicles especially if your going to modify.

The headlights and taillights are perfectly fine the way they look. Blacked out hinders peoples ability to see you stopping, turning or reversing.

I agree with the window tint but some people think the cars cleaner appearance is without tint.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by supawrx11 View Post
    lol I'm just playing with scott,i just wanna see his reaction

its 18x10+30
    How the heck are you going to fit those on the car?

I've already given up on you. It's obvious looks are all that matter and performance doesn't so all that matters is that you like it!

I still don't get why people buy an STI though and do this stuff. Why not save $5k and get a WRX that looks almost exactly the same?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Why wouldnt he buy the STi? The STi is the better choice out of the two vehicles especially if your going to modify.

The headlights and taillights are perfectly fine the way they look. Blacked out hinders peoples ability to see you stopping, turning or reversing.

I agree with the window tint but some people think the cars cleaner appearance is without tint.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    How the heck are you going to fit those on the car?

I've already given up on you. It's obvious looks are all that matter and performance doesn't so all that matters is that you like it!

I still don't get why people buy an STI though and do this stuff. Why not save $5k and get a WRX that looks almost exactly the same?

18x10+30 its alot easier to fit imo than my 18x9.5+22.My new wheels offset its semi aggresive.

like i said before im not done with my car yet.Perfomance will be the last thing on my mind.

Performance is incredibly subjective. For him the performance is as intended, it performs the action of looking great. For you (and most other people) Teflon_Jones performance means going around a track fast. Im sure the car still drives and acts as a vehicular mode of transportation with the added benefit of turning a lot of heads.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm a bit confused. Why sell the 57Ds (I assume at a loss) to buy brand new TE37SLs? Did you not like the 57Ds? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just have them powder-coated blue? Speaking of blue, I really don't think that's going to look good on your car? Have you considered the red?
    * * COMPLETE PART-OUT STARTS FRIDAY, AUG 1, 2014. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Why sell the 57Ds (I assume at a loss) to buy brand new TE37SLs? Did you not like the 57Ds? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just have them powder-coated blue? Speaking of blue, I really don't think that's going to look good on your car? Have you considered the red?
    Blue is definitely the way to go. Red=garish

Looking forward to the new look.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

I personally was really loving the all blacked out look. Blue rims with a black car just seems odd.

And now you'll need to change the name to "Dark Side with a Hint of Blue"

Quote Originally Posted by supawrx11 View Post
    18x10+30 its alot easier to fit imo than my 18x9.5+22.My new wheels offset its semi aggresive.
    Are you sure they're not going to rub in the front when turning? Do you know anybody running that rim in that size on a late-model WRX or STI?

The midpoint of your old ones was 9.5" / 2 = 4.75" = 120.65 mm + 22 mm offset = 142.65 mm from inside edge of rim to mounting surface (98.65 from outside edge to mounting surface).
    The midpoint of the new ones is 10" / 2 = 5" = 127 mm + 30 mm offset = 157 mm from inside edge of rim to mounting surface (97 mm from outside edge to mounting surface).

So on the outside edge you should be fine, though that'll depend on the tires you're running too. Did you have any rubbing issues on the inside of the front rims at lock with the old rims or did they clear fine?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    te37sl is alot lighter than my 57d.i love the look of 57d on my car but i got bored and to powder coat my wheels it will cost me $600(professional powder coating).
    mag blue look really good in person in bright sunny day color kinda look like hyper blue.i was gonna get the red color but to order one it will take 3-4 month and i can't make it to wekfest event.But deff next year I'm gonna buy either red or hyper blue and some other works wheels for my wheels collection

Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    Blue is definitely the way to go. Red=garish

Looking forward to the new look.

blue or red look sex!haha

Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    I personally was really loving the all blacked out look. Blue rims with a black car just seems odd.

And now you'll need to change the name to "Dark Side with a Hint of Blue"

lol it will be back to dark side on winter.lol

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Are you sure they're not going to rub in the front when turning? Do you know anybody running that rim in that size on a late-model WRX or STI?

The midpoint of your old ones was 9.5" / 2 = 4.75" = 120.65 mm + 22 mm offset = 142.65 mm from inside edge of rim to mounting surface (98.65 from outside edge to mounting surface).
    The midpoint of the new ones is 10" / 2 = 5" = 127 mm + 30 mm offset = 157 mm from inside edge of rim to mounting surface (97 mm from outside edge to mounting surface).

So on the outside edge you should be fine, though that'll depend on the tires you're running too. Did you have any rubbing issues on the inside of the front rims at lock with the old rims or did they clear fine?

so many people rocking 18x10+30 with 265/35/18 on gvb 2011-2012 sti for track setup but they not as low as me.will let u know tomorrow after i mount my tires and put it on my car if I'm having any rubbing issues.

GR Sedan: TrackWERKS STI(500hp CLUB)NEW PIX May19 - Page 14 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Varrota SL(varrstoen+rota=Varrota)

I vote teflon jones goes to nasioc and befriends unabomber.......your car looks mint dude. I never understood why people feel the need to talk down other peoples builds. its pretty simple. If you don't like it then don't do it to your car. He made a mess of my build thread too.......

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx50
    I vote teflon jones goes to nasioc and befriends unabomber.......your car looks mint dude. I never understood why people feel the need to talk down other peoples builds. its pretty simple. If you don't like it then don't do it to your car. He made a mess of my build thread too.......
    so you would prefer that we say we like something when we don't? personally, I value honest opinions about my build.

Sent from my Android using Forum Runner

www.modmeets.com
    * * COMPLETE PART-OUT STARTS FRIDAY, AUG 1, 2014. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

What Greg said. Constructive criticism is very important. As long as it doesn't turn personal it may help someone take a different perspective on what they're doing
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"