2012 STI OBSIDIAN BLACK PEARL

MODIFICATIONS:

EXTERIOR:

-Ebay Cs1 Lip
-R205 Jdm Side Badge Ornament
-Red Pin Stripe Grill
-Debadged Rear Trunk
-Red Tailight Overlay
-Color Changing Led Turn signal&Led Module(so it doesn't blink fast)
-Hella Supertone(comin soon)
-Ht Auto Side skirt&rear lips(comin soon)
-Led Reverse Light
-Rear Jdm Light
-Rally Armor Mud Flap

INTERIOR:

-JPM Coachworks Alcantra Shift Boot&E Brake Boot(comin soon)
-Wc Lathe Werks Shift Knob&Si drive knob(comin soon)
-ATI Tripple Gauge Cluster(comin soon)
-White Led Interior light bulb

SUSPENSION:

-Bc Br Coilover 8k/8k(comin soon)
-Gtspec Camber Arm(comin soon)

WHEELS&TIRES:

-Rays Gramslight 57D 18x9.5+22 Flat Black
-Hankook Ventus V12 265/35/18

ENGINE:

-Cobb Accesport
-Cobb Sf Air Intake+Air Box
-Invidia Catless Downpipe
-Invidia Q300 Quad Tip Catback

Future Mods Comin soon....
The Dark Side Will Rise

See less See more
#9 ·
Congrats!

Where is the red grille you listed? I don't see it...

Skip those coilovers. You get what you pay for and you can't get a decent set of them for $1000. Go with a good quality spring/strut combo if your budget is only $1000.

Also, why are you getting the camber arms? Spending your money on some good brake pads and better fluid would be a much better place so you're matching up your extra power and suspension mods with the appropriate braking mods.

#15 ·
for the bc br coilover i got it for a good deal so can't complaint...the reason I'm getting camber arm is I'm gonna run wider wheels in future so ill need camber arm to fit wider wheels...
Return them if you can and get a good spring/strut combo. You've just bought a crappy pair of coilovers that will only make your suspension worse, not better.

#11 ·
I love the look of the new 2012 STI Rims. Wish you could order them on the regular WRX.

#13 ·
Im not a fan of the '12 STI sedan wheels but the car does look nice. BTW I think I saw your old WRB today. Someone had it on RT78, It had a Liberty Dealer Plates, tinted, an 11 with the silver showing on the trunk, the WRX side badges were black, and the green wheels. They were darker green then I expected

#16 ·
i read alot good review about bc coilover matter fact most of my friends&people that i know they use bc br for daily&track and they don't complaint about making the car suspension worse(what make u said bc br coil make the car suspension worse?do u use them on ur car before and u have bad experience?btw i don't track my car,i dd my car.

#17 ·
It's a simple matter of you get what you pay for. There isn't a single set of coilovers on the market for any vehicle for $1000 that's very good quality. Considering how excellent the STI suspension is from the factory, there's no way a cheap set of coilovers is going to improve it. The stock suspension on the STI is really excellent for both DD and track use. I've had multiple other people in my car on the track that have Porsches with great suspensions and they've all been amazed how good the car is from the factory. Same for the road, people have universally been amazed with how good it is.

What cars do "your friends&the people you know" drive that they've put this suspension on? Unless they're all driving STI's, there's no valid comparison to be made. It entirely possible this coilover setup makes a standard Honda or other cars with mediocre suspensions perform better. There's no way it improves anything in our cars other than lowering the center of gravity based on my experience and knowledge.

Since you don't track your car, why did you purchase a coilover setup? Did you just want to lower it for appearance reasons? That's the only real reason to get different springs and struts or coilovers for a strictly road going STI, and again I'd very much encourage you to go with a high quality spring and strut combo over a cheap set of coilovers. You're going to get much, much, MUCH better performance out of them than the coilovers.

#18 ·
I see where u comin from..most of my friends&people that i know they own wrx n sti...bc br is the best bang for ur buck n the quality its not bad at all..well u cant expect bc coil to perform like kw3 or other high quality n expensive coil...the reason i purchased a coil i want to get nice stance (lower the car) n i can put aggresive fitment wheels on my car,im only gonna use bc coil for temporary(while im saving my money for air suspension:)).

#22 ·
nope thats was my first plan to bag my car,since i need money to go vacation next month so i decided to go with bc br coil first to save some money for my vacation...whats the problem with air suspension now(seems like u don't like my mods on my car or something,but hey every people have different taste on modding their car)?I'm not really interested on good spring/strut n idk how low can i go with good spring/strut setup?im pretty sure bc coil will satisfy me

#25 ·
What's the reason for going with an air suspension, especially on an STI? I don't understand that decision at all.

You can go down anywhere from 1" to almost 2" with a spring/strut combo depending on the specific springs you choose. You're not going to want to drop the car any more than that or you'll have serious clearance issues driving it.

It definitely sounds like you're much more about the appearance of the car than the performance. I don't understand why you'd get an STI instead of a regular WRX in that case, but obviously it's your car and choice. Given your lack of desire to keep a high level of performance, you may very well be perfectly happy with a mediocre suspension such as the BC coilovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.