2012 STI The Dark Side - Page 15
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 STI The Dark Side within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by michaelwfox Why no tint? Just curious. not big fan of tint anymore since my police around my ...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Why no tint? Just curious.
    not big fan of tint anymore since my police around my area is d bag

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've always heard that Jersey cops are ****s. But I guess the state laws kinda encourage them lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    Tint laws have been around for a long time. The difference now is 1.equipment to check for violations is cheap (<$200) and 2.Its all about the money baby, why stop violent crime when you can have fun hassling people and making easy $$. OK, I'm glad I got that off my chest.

supa, your car is one of the hottest I've laid eyes on. Lack of tint gives a view of the interior and Subaru has done a nice job on the current WRX's.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

I Support ClubWRX
    Well that sucks. Even a 35% tint (which is more than legal in most states) Would set this car off quite a bit. In the pictures posted on page 5 (non-noob settings) You can see smudge marks and it just throws off your whole "Dark Side" scheme in my opinion.

That being said, it's your car. Do what you want. Just wanted to share my thoughts.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

tint will make a 95 neon look better... it makes any car look so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by turrbro View Post
    tint will make a 95 neon look better... it makes any car look so much better.
    As long as it's a quality job and not some hack pep boys parking lot job with the bubbled up purple colored tint that so many Mexicans use...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    I'm going to agree on desperate need of some tint. And some painting of the headlights. Swap out to a Bi-xenon projector, get rid of the high beam bulb and paint everything to match the rest the car
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    ...and needs moar low.
    Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^ This isn't your show off thread. It's not polite to hijack others'.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    ^^ This isn't your show off thread. It's not polite to hijack others'.

Sorry deleted....15 pages of off topic crap and i'm hijacking????? guess you haven't read the last 12 pages.....
    Last edited by ruthie; 06-21-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    As long as it's a quality job and not some hack pep boys parking lot job with the bubbled up purple colored tint that so many Mexicans use...
    The purple tint is awesome. Goes well with the chrome lower side panel stickers.

i enjoy purple bubble mexican tint aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_K_Power View Post
    Do you say that because the wheels are tilted in?
    Yes excessively so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_K_Power View Post
    I thought that was an intentional part of the whole slammed look.
    As posted below no it's because the wheels won't fit correctly so that's the only way to deal with it without doing fender mods or correctly changing a lot about the suspension setup.

Quote Originally Posted by supawrx11 View Post
    he just never get it about this whole stance looks so let him be
    Don't get me wrong the car looks good but I just don't know why you'd buy an STI and intentionally hurt the performance and safety of your vehicle just for appearance.

It pretty much is intentional cause it's the only way wheels will fit if they are technically improper fitment (which is the whole idea behind the retarded stance fitment). While Supa's stance is showing a bit of negative camber, it's not as excessive as many who have gone way too far. While a degree or so of negative camber can help improve handling characteristics of a Subaru, negative camber to an extreme degree is just a faster way to chew through tires and have sub-par handling for the sake of the herrafrush look.
    Yes exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    The danger of having a potentially unstable vehicle, of course!
    That's really my biggest thing is I don't understand why somebody would intentionally hurt the performance of their car. It just looks kind of dumb too. But that being said, it's very apparent the OP doesn't really care about performance and really just cares about looks. It's his car so more power to him and that's entirely his decision. I just hope he remembers what he's done to the performance if/when he tries to drive it aggressively on public roads with other drivers around. I don't respect people that knowingly, negatively change their car's performance and put other drivers at risk. As long as he's not doing this, then who really cares?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    You guys need to relax and let the stance thing happen. Is it your cup of tea? Obviously not, we get it. Just 'cause the tea is served, doesn't mean you have to drink it.

As an example, I find silver cars to be absolutely abhorrent. Depending upon the shade/saturation, sometimse I almost vomit. Who cares? I would never consider dissing a guy with a silver car in a thread he started within which he is showcasing his ride.

I am at a loss, at this point.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    The purple tint is awesome. Goes well with the chrome lower side panel stickers.
    Agreed. I like when they put fender vent stickers on their doors, and fake hood scoops, there's something about that look that is just pure uncut awesome.