Carbon fiber anyone? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Carbon fiber anyone? within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah stock wheels will eventually be swapped out. Going for black wheels. Was debating having the roof wrapped with carbon ...

Yeah stock wheels will eventually be swapped out. Going for black wheels. Was debating having the roof wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl. Tints and tinted tails are next on the list as far as exterior though. I plan on building the motor to 300 or 350 awhp. After warranty though so this baby won't see the track for a few years. But I have extremely big plans for that ^_^. There actually carbon fiber rims out now that are 6 lbs a piece. I would love them but they are 3 grand a piece lol... But if I ever win the lottery then that is the route I'll go hehe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm with Mike, I really like CF. Usually I'm not a fan of the CF trunk but since you're wingless and it really appeals to me. Great job!
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Thank you . I'll be buying the cf spt trunk trim piece tonight. I hate silver 0.o

Yeah those Carbon Fiber wheels are ridiculous...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i personally dont like CF unless it's painted to match.
    +1

OP, what brand hood/trunk are they?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Personally, I hate that multicolored look. If it was painted to match the color of the car then that'd look much better. Just my opinion though..
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Meh...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I like the hood in black CF, but I think that the decklid looks out of place. If it were me, I would have tried to get a blue CF look, like on the Veyron. http://www.4wheelsnews.com/images/ne...on_fiber_6.jpg

That way you keep the CF weave, but integrate it into the blue of the car.

Edit: Another good Veyron pic http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...sport_blue.jpg

I Support ClubWRX
    To clarify, I agree on the paint.

It needs paint. However, unlike the situation in earlier cars, in this case at least the front is not entirely useless, in that it does reduce weight (the earlier cars used Al, the later cars use steel though so it does make some sense). However, I bet 'glass would have the same effect, be easier to repair (?) and when painted nobody could tell the difference either.

One (significant?) concern is how the new nose behave in a frontal collision.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

They are both seibon parts. And the whole it needs paint thing is funny to me. If I painted them my car would look stock and that's not very fun 0.o lol. Anyways I will never paint them. It's a waste of money. I thought about colored cf actually lol. But only after I already bought these. So maybe one day if I get bored with the look I'll change it up. Colored cf to my surprise is not a heck of a lot more money.

Well I got my spt cf trunk trim cover so no more silver!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.