Subaru WRX Forum banner

'12 premium RED hatch WRX

31K views 149 replies 39 participants last post by  KBeats 
#1 ·
See less See more
#125 ·
Looking good man. Saw the car on CHI TOWN SUBARUS.

#128 ·
I just realized I havent added that mod to my build thread.
On the stock intake looks like this pic. The mod that I did was cut the plastic cylinder out. This is pre air filter, so now the engine and air filter receive air from under the intake and also from the front of the engine (stock). If I need to elaborate I can.

Auto part

#133 ·
I think cutting that hole into the airbox may not be doing any favors for you. Think about the intake system on our cars... we have air fed from the front of the car. While driving, this air is pretty much rammed in there. By cutting a hole in the box, the air that's "rammed in" will pretty much be forced out that hole. Not to mention that tuning is tailored quite a bit to the intake. Altering the way it is from factory may have a negative effect on your tune that is made for a factory intake.

With that said, the car looks good. I think the white wheels pair very well with the red hatch.

#134 ·
Time for an update

Well has been such a busy summer I forgot to update the forum. So here it goes

Repainted the tail lights, vinyl wrap the roof, plastidip the mirrors, install Perrin shorty antenna.

Next I installed an AEM oil pressure gauge, and monkey bones twin pod and put both gauges in the dash. At the time of the picture the oil pressure wasn't hooked up but it is now.

Next I installed an AEM cold air intake and reflashed to cobb stage one AEM/Cobb intake. I started watching my ap, and noticed I was knocking a little bit and I never was before. So I brought my car to P&L motorsports and had JR perform a pro tune. With this setup I'm making 290 hp and 328 ftlbs. Not bad for a stock car.

Couple randoms

#135 ·
Lookin' good!

#148 ·
Dude I'm really digging those Gold wheels. What kind of wheels are they? Wouldn't mind turning my stock Subaru wheels into my snow set up if I have some that look that good for the summer. Also I just picked up a black 2013 WRX hatchback and pretty much read through this whole thread during my lunch break. Loved seeing the progression of your car. And REALLY love the red. any suggestions for cosmetic upgrades? It's pretty tough with an already black car so all I can really think of is tinting the windows and possibly powder coating or plasti-dipping the side badge to match the dark grey of the stock wheels.

Any suggestions are appreciated man!

#144 ·
well it sure has been awhile...

Haven't been on the forums for awhile now and i feel its time to update my 'build' thread.

since last post i've done the follow mods.
-Upgrade v2 to v3 access port
-Fortune 500 coilovers with upgraded swift springs and radial bearings
-Front lip
-Catless downpipe
-DW65 fuel pump
-JR Tuned protune

-
-
-

#146 ·
First time ever being stuck in my subaru

Little background to the situation-

Chicagoland got 6-8 inches of snow super bowl Sunday this year. My gf's father locked him self out of my gf's car so we had to go to her house. As I pulled into her cul-de-sac where prob a foot of snow accumulated (wind and lack of plows) I found myself a beached whale. Snow packed underneath my car and the wheels were just spinning. After over an hour of digging around and under the car, i finally gained access to the wheels. Using 2x4's under the wheels I was able to drive it out and into a driveway. Mind you, I have blizzak winter tires. The issue was because I was too low for the amount of snow we got.

This was earlier in the year when I did a couple donuts in the cul-de-sac (yes her neighbors love me)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.