ShiftinAt8600's high revving past..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on ShiftinAt8600's high revving past..... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ShiftinAt8600 thanks! i got the spt short shifter port installed... now i just need to get some ...

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftinAt8600 View Post
    thanks! i got the spt short shifter port installed... now i just need to get some bushings.. anyone know which bushings to get and where?
    Get the Kartboy front shifter bushings and rear. Those combined with the SPT short shifter make for a really comfortable precise shifter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    My personal preference is Kartboy shifter with Kartboy bushings but since you already have the SPT it probably isn't worth getting another new shifter. Definitely do bushings though.

here is what you want: http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Kart...-2002-2011-WRX
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Love the S2K! You should've gone with white instead of joining the dark side..

Lol, jk.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    My personal preference is Kartboy shifter with Kartboy bushings but since you already have the SPT it probably isn't worth getting another new shifter. Definitely do bushings though.

here is what you want: Kartboy Shifter Bushing Combo Subaru 5MT (inc. 2002-2012 WRX) at RallySportDirect.com
    Thanks!!! just ordered it! hope its easy install! its pretty hard for me to perform 3 point turns cus it will not go in reverse.. i have to sit shift into 3rd and 4th and then into reverse... I really hope this helps it

Thanks!!! just ordered it! hope its easy install! its pretty hard for me to perform 3 point turns cus it will not go in reverse.. i have to sit shift into 3rd and 4th and then into reverse... I really hope this helps it
    You may want to take it back to the dealer if it's that bad. I thought it was just the same notchiness I feel going into reverse, but I definitely don't have to go through all that rigamarole to get it in. For me it just kinda hits a point where I have to give a little muscle and it'll click past, but it's not a huge effort.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    I would just avoid 3 point turns altogether.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Subaru's are notorious for being difficult to get into reverse. By design you should be in first before going into reverse. Double clutching is also very helpful. Also, consider different brake fluid. The OEM stuff isn't all that great and changing to Extra-S (pain to find) or Motul (What I use) can be very beneficial in getting into 1st and reverse
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Brake fluid for the transmission?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Brake fluid for the transmission?

Nope lol. Motul makes a damn good transmission fluid. Motul Gear 300 75W90 (I know you know that but just to clear up any potential confusion with other posters lol)
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Hmmm...I'll think about the Motul 29k from now. Just had my tranny fluid swapped with Subaru Extra S a month ago.

I'll replace the blinker fluid next
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Motul makes a great headlight fluid as well, they are the Ace of all fluid trades

You can't go wrong with Extra-s, its just such a pain to get ahold of sometimes
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome. Now go exchange it for a SWP one.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

lmao @ the bickering of color choices hahaa!

lmao @ the bickering of color choices hahaa!
    Should of went with WRB...flagship color, and the best.

I Support ClubWRX
    The good thing is that because the paint is so bad,you can always repaint in a color of your choice.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast