My '02

This is a discussion on My '02 within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been here a while and to my knowledge I've never posted any photos of my car. So, I figured ...

My '02

I've been here a while and to my knowledge I've never posted any photos of my car. So, I figured I'd introduce her; this is my '02 bugeye "Aki"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20100723_163629.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	103137

I've owned this car since August of 2005, and it's the first car I ever really fell in love with. I was sold by the first test drive, and bought it a few days later. Early on, I decided on the name "Aki;" I'm told this means "autumn" in Japanese, though I don't speak any and wouldn't presume to call myself any sort of expert source To be honest, I'd heard the name somewhere and just liked the sound of it. I think it has a sort of poetic quality.

Name:	IMG_20100723_163704.jpg 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	103138

The car was kept largely stock for many years, aside from getting a nice set of Star Specs. About two years ago I started work in earnest on it, first a stage 1 AP retune and a quick install of a better Y-pipe, and silencer delete drawing from fender. Currently running a stage 2 setup, 3" TBE and GS UP, with an STI TMIC. A P&P'd/ceramic stock header and P&P turbo are going in next, and my 3-port ready to install when it goes to the tuner for a good custom tune.

Suspension is mostly stock, aside from a short shifter & bushings, diff mount bushings, and subframe bushings. Next up on my list to go in is an ALK and sway bars.

Name:	IMG_20120308_143634.jpg 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	103139

This nose damage is from a trip to the Grand Canyon over New Years 09-10; completely iced over lot, skidded into an ice bank. Ouch. I've recently picked up a new bumper, though, just waiting to get it painted.

Name:	IMG_20120308_143717.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	103143

The red Miata is my other vehicle, a much more recent addition. Totally stock '91, 1.6L. This is going to be my new project vehicle once I'm "done" modding my WRX -- or at least, done for the moment! I doubt I'll ever say "Alright... that's it. I don't need any more power."

Hope you folks enjoy the pictures; I know I certainly enjoy driving and working on these machines. I get a huge grin on my face like a kid on Christmas morning any time I get behind the wheel of either, and as far as I'm concerned that's reason enough to love a car.
    Last edited by devik; 03-12-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Messed up attachment. Oops!
    2002 Silver Bugeye WRX - Bugeye Mafia #327
    "Stage 2" + STI TMIC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How many miles?
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

113k on the WRX, 167k on the Miata.
    "Stage 2" + STI TMIC

I wouldn't go much further than stage 2 on your car with that many miles. Unless you have money to replace broken parts, nice car though. I had fun with my 02 wrx
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    I wouldn't go much further than stage 2 on your car with that many miles. Unless you have money to replace broken parts, nice car though. I had fun with my 02 wrx
    I'm not going to be doing much more on it, power-wise, for quite some time. The engine's going to get a rebuild before I start making any other big power mods, and that's a long ways away.
    "Stage 2" + STI TMIC

looks good i also have a silver 02