My '02
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My '02 within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been here a while and to my knowledge I've never posted any photos of my car. So, I figured ...

My '02

I've been here a while and to my knowledge I've never posted any photos of my car. So, I figured I'd introduce her; this is my '02 bugeye "Aki"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20100723_163629.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	103137

I've owned this car since August of 2005, and it's the first car I ever really fell in love with. I was sold by the first test drive, and bought it a few days later. Early on, I decided on the name "Aki;" I'm told this means "autumn" in Japanese, though I don't speak any and wouldn't presume to call myself any sort of expert source To be honest, I'd heard the name somewhere and just liked the sound of it. I think it has a sort of poetic quality.

Name:	IMG_20100723_163704.jpg 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	103138

The car was kept largely stock for many years, aside from getting a nice set of Star Specs. About two years ago I started work in earnest on it, first a stage 1 AP retune and a quick install of a better Y-pipe, and silencer delete drawing from fender. Currently running a stage 2 setup, 3" TBE and GS UP, with an STI TMIC. A P&P'd/ceramic stock header and P&P turbo are going in next, and my 3-port ready to install when it goes to the tuner for a good custom tune.

Suspension is mostly stock, aside from a short shifter & bushings, diff mount bushings, and subframe bushings. Next up on my list to go in is an ALK and sway bars.

Name:	IMG_20120308_143634.jpg 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	103139

This nose damage is from a trip to the Grand Canyon over New Years 09-10; completely iced over lot, skidded into an ice bank. Ouch. I've recently picked up a new bumper, though, just waiting to get it painted.

Name:	IMG_20120308_143717.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	103143

The red Miata is my other vehicle, a much more recent addition. Totally stock '91, 1.6L. This is going to be my new project vehicle once I'm "done" modding my WRX -- or at least, done for the moment! I doubt I'll ever say "Alright... that's it. I don't need any more power."

Hope you folks enjoy the pictures; I know I certainly enjoy driving and working on these machines. I get a huge grin on my face like a kid on Christmas morning any time I get behind the wheel of either, and as far as I'm concerned that's reason enough to love a car.
    Last edited by devik; 03-12-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Messed up attachment. Oops!
    2002 Silver Bugeye WRX - Bugeye Mafia #327
    "Stage 2" + STI TMIC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How many miles?
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

113k on the WRX, 167k on the Miata.
    "Stage 2" + STI TMIC

I wouldn't go much further than stage 2 on your car with that many miles. Unless you have money to replace broken parts, nice car though. I had fun with my 02 wrx
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    I wouldn't go much further than stage 2 on your car with that many miles. Unless you have money to replace broken parts, nice car though. I had fun with my 02 wrx
    I'm not going to be doing much more on it, power-wise, for quite some time. The engine's going to get a rebuild before I start making any other big power mods, and that's a long ways away.
    "Stage 2" + STI TMIC

looks good i also have a silver 02

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.