naked_dave's 2012 DGM WRX Premium - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

This is a discussion on naked_dave's 2012 DGM WRX Premium within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2nd ice race. Got some coaching from a seasoned rallycross driver and event organizer. Learned a lot and placed a ...

Ice Race

2nd ice race.
    Got some coaching from a seasoned rallycross driver and event organizer. Learned a lot and placed a lot better. Track got some open holes from the studded guys and was a warm day so the track was very very wet.

Last edited by naked_dave1; 02-28-2014 at 12:01 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

3rd ice race.
    Getting better and learning more. Slow is fast.

Last edited by naked_dave1; 02-28-2014 at 12:03 PM.

4th ice race.
    Trying out left foot breaking this time, and it really did help. Was one away from getting a trophy. Track was really long and fun! They did switch up the direction which was neat.

Last edited by naked_dave1; 02-28-2014 at 12:04 PM.

5th ice race.
    Don’t have a video of a full lap, but this crash. Thank god I had my light bar on otherwise I would not have a bumper left lol. But, I did get 5th out of 22 and got a trophy!

6th ice race.
    last one of the season for me. It was getting really rutted, but used it to my advantage. Was like the car was on a tracks when I was in the ruts, went fasters as well. Also instrudce my friend into racing and now he’s hooked. Did well and placed 4th in my class of 20.

Last edited by naked_dave1; 02-28-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Well, it's been a while since I posted anything and thought I'd give an update.

My next mods are going to be rallycross specific as I'm loving the dirt a LOT more than tarmac. I just installed King Springs on my OEM struts that lifted my car about 1.25in. They are technically stiffer than stock but they are progressive, which I actually like. The bumps and potholes I used to feel when I ran over them no feel like nothing, which is awesome. And it's still composed in the corners. Have yet do do a rallycross on them.

I do plan on the the last strut inserts that Feal makes for two reasons. One, my front struts are going out. Two, the inserts will be valved for gravel usage which should really help the tires stay on the ground better for rallycross. Feal also makes coilovers, the 441 that are talored to rallycross, and if I didn't already have my springs I would have gone that route.

Will also be getting skid plates from Primitive Racing, and new 15" Team Dynamic wheels. Also get my light bar coated with truck bed liner. The powder coating was starting to flake off so I wanted something durable, so far so good!

Two photos that I have so far of the lift, more will be coming after I get Farquad detailed.

Before and after

Some other photos before the lift.

Broke more of my front bumper... Hit a bigger whole during rallycross and my light bar bent into the bumper.

A true subaru I love it!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

My friend is a manager at a car detaining called Metro, and he hooked me up with a freshly washed and waxed car. It will be getting dirty this weekend, so while it was clean I took a few photos.

Interesting! Like the Hella's!

More photos of my modestly muddy WRX at the 2014 Madison Meet.

And a few of the 2015 STi global rallycross car that was there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.