naked_dave's 2012 DGM WRX Premium - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on naked_dave's 2012 DGM WRX Premium within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by michaelwfox I forgot how awesome this install was. Originally Posted by Brazilnut Great thread! Very inspirational. You've ...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I forgot how awesome this install was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    Great thread! Very inspirational. You've got some sick gadgets, brah.
    Thanks! I'm a geek at heart

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just got into auto crossing this year and I think I'm hooked. But, the longevity of the stock Dunlop tires when I race was not so good... So far I have two auto crosses and one track day on them.

The first autocross event I saw some wear to the tire, as to be expected, and didn't look too bad. did about 10 runs and each lap was about 90 seconds long on a proper track in 2nd gear. It was a colder day as well, about 50-60 out. Had the font tires at 40psi and rear at 33psi

The second autocross event was about the same conditions but only got 6 runs. Noticed the side of the tires to deform a little bit on the front tires, but still looked fine over all.

Went for a track day the past weekend and didn't realize they'd get that bad. 75 outside temp, 40psi front, 33psi rear. Each run was about 15mins. After the first run I noticed some fraying at the edges, but again wasn't too bad. After the second run the two front tires got bad, as you can see in the pic below.

I'm not sure if it was me driving to hard for the tires to handle, poor driving in general, or if the stock tires are not meant for such abuse? If I was smart and remembered I should have rotated the front tires to the rear and vice versa to help even out the wear and not destroy the pair.

Since I didn't feel safe driving on these, I go a new set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport in the stock tire size of 235/45R17. From what I heard they are great tires. They get put on tomorrow so we will see.

I was hoping to wait till next year so I could get a set of Rota Grids I've been looking at. The comb I was looking at getting was 17x9 +42 Rota Grids with a 255/40/17 tire. I want the wheels/tires to be a lost flush with the fender, but I'd prefer not to roll if I have to. Also, the prices are a bit better going with the 17" rather than 18". But I do prefer the look of the 18" wheels better…

A pic I found of the exact same setup as I want.

naked_dave's 2012 DGM WRX Premium

Seeing your screen name I was a little afraid to check out the pics lol... Great looking car! This is my favorite color and doesn't seem like there are many around!

That iPad mini install looks awesome!

Welp, when to my first rally cross this past weekend and hit a cone(s) and a chunk of my bumper ripped off right on part of a previous crack I had. Also broke the diver side bumper bracket, windshield washer tank and missing some plait clips in the wheel well.

There has been a lot of people with a cracked bumper on our style cars, and it’s almost always in the same spot. There is a thread on NASIOC about it. I’ve scraped the bottom of the bumper a bunch and no cracks. But last winter I hit a snow bank that had some hard snow/ice and cracked the bumper in the same spot as everyone else. Went up on the front of the bumper about an inch. I used a piece of somewhat pliable plastic and some epoxy for plastic to reenforce the crack.

I know hitting the cone is my fault, but it seems like a lot of damage for a rubber cone. So, I’ll be getting a new bumper soon, hopefully. When I get the new bumper I want to reenforce it by adding something to the inside bottom. The reinforcement might be bed liner or a piece of metal/plastic, and I may add a lip. For other racing events I’m going to get a light bar and a front skid plate to help protect everything.

Video of one of the laps:

Last edited by naked_dave1; 11-11-2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Added Photos

Another video from the second heat.

Last edited by naked_dave1; 11-05-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Stinks about the damage! The video is cool showing the throttle and speed!

A video review/overview of Harry's Lap Timer.

Review of Harry's Lap Timer after a rallycross event.

New light bar

Plowing some fresh Wisconsin snow.

How do you like the light bar so far I was thinking about getting one for mine as well.
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

That light bar is sick dude how much did the bar and light setup run you? Rally innovations?
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by blusubi02 View Post
    How do you like the light bar so far I was thinking about getting one for mine as well.
    Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    That light bar is sick dude how much did the bar and light setup run you? Rally innovations?
    I bought it off this guy who custom made it for his WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    Jealous of all that snow. Light bar looks sweet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Ice Race

Alright, time for some new videos!

Used my iPad in my dash with Harry's Lap Timer for the data acquisition and iPhone for the main video using Harry's multi cam, two GoPro's to capture me and pedals triggered manually with the WiFi remote. Dumped all video and data on to computer, then brought the 3 video clips into Premiere to sync. Created a replica WRX gauge cluster in Illustrator. Everything was brought into RaceRender and synced for final video. Lot of work, but I think it's worth it to help me improve my racing.

First ice race ever.
    Had a lot of fun and meet some new people. Didn’t do so well though, I think I was in the middle of my class.

Last edited by naked_dave1; 02-28-2014 at 12:02 PM.