naked_dave's 2012 DGM WRX Premium - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on naked_dave's 2012 DGM WRX Premium within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here is a very quick and not too exciting drive to test out the cameras and audio. I have a ...

Here is a very quick and not too exciting drive to test out the cameras and audio. I have a D800 with a magic arm suction cupped to the sunroof. I need to make it more stable. Mounting it on the roof rack with a super clamp seems the best so far. Also had a Zoom H4n suction cupped to the sunroof. Had a GoPro mounted to the steering column with a flexible tripod. Need to get some light down there so you can see better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice socks brah!

Quote Originally Posted by seeuarndjimmy View Post
    nice socks brah!
    yeah yeah, I wore white so you could see my feet... lol

Got my car in early march and used the winter tires I got from Tirerack.com (General Altimax Arctic tires 215/55R16) briefly and now this year there was a bit of rust on them. Tirerack scratched the hell out of the steel wheels while putting the tire on... So, I decided to paint them about the same color as the stock wheels. The paint I color I used was graphite. It was by Rust-Oleum wheel paint. I under estimated how long it would take to do, which was about 4 hours. Sanded the wheels with 400 grit, cleaned them with brake cleaner, taped them off, cleaned again, few coats of primer, few coats of color, and a few coats of clear.

Primed and ready

All painted

I'll post more pics once they are on the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    I used the card trick instead of taping up my rims. I am curious to see how those look on the car probably going to look good on DGM not sure on WRB
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Blew the voice coil in my sub over the weekend on the beginning of a long trip... The song playing had some serious bass than the other songs and it cut out. The amp went in protection mode so I had to turn the car off and on again. Tried playing some music but hear scratching coming from the sub then just gave out. I admit I did not do any breaking in of the sub and just basted it when I got it on June. And I properly set the gain structure.

Just got the new replacement sub today and installed it. But I'm glad I did blow the one I had. The mounting for my Audio Integrations box was broken at the top. There are two points where the box is attached, the bottom uses a bolt, the top uses a screw.

It's not the strongest connection and the metal plate it was attached to on the car being the paneling was bent and dislodged. Which was making sense because I was starting to hear a lot of new rattling going on back there. And when I was installing it originally, I could have over tightened that screw and not realized it.

Luckily nothing was broken just missing a screw on one side for the metal bracket. And rather use the screw that was originally used to mount the box that was almost about to lose I used a bolt and some washers. Hopefully that will help.

What the enclosure looks like

Last edited by naked_dave1; 11-14-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Boost leak issue.

It sounds like more air is rushing in with a hint of a whistle, but it's very loud and getting progressively worse. Just started happening about 4 days ago out of the blue. The only mods that would have any effect on it would be Stage 1 on the AP, everything else is stock. There seems to be no loss of performance that I can tell, and almost hitting target boost for that map. Checked all the hoses and felt for any air leaking and couldn't find anything. Air temperature doesn't seem to make a difference, was 30 when it happened, and got up to 60 today.

Took it to the dealer and drove it with one of the mechanic in the car and they heard the sound. They are were very useless and clueless, they guy said it could be something with the supercharger... I'll be taking it to a different dealer tomorrow. Thoughts?

UPDATE FIX:
    Just got back from the second dealer. The issue was the intercooler boot came loose because it was not properly installed at the factory.

I Support ClubWRX
    That rubber boot is junk. Just my recommendation: Take boot off, degrease the inside lip of the hose, coat the inside lip with hairspray, and reinstall with a good clamp.

Sent from my Android using Forum Runner
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Stuck my winter wheels on yesterday. I'm much happier with them painted gun metal rather than black.

Subscribing to this thread. Love your WRX, it's exactly what i want.

Quote Originally Posted by naked_dave1 View Post
    Some more stereo stuff I forgot to add in my previous post. I wanted to keep the stock location for the USB and AUX jack so I took a note from this guy.

I bought a USB extension cable/mount and a 4-pole 3.5 cable extension.

I took the old proprietary USB and 3.5 AUX hardware out of the center console, which was fairly easy to do. I then dremeled the plate opening bigger for the USB so it would fit, did the same to the AUX. For the AUX cable I bought, I trimmed about an 1/8th - 1/16th inch off plastic off the end of the connector to the metal so that it would sit flush to the plate, and add extra protection so it wont rip out when I pull something out of it. I then hot glued the hell out of it to make sure it stays, which I don't have a photo of it. It looks very clean and you really could never tell that it's not factory.

Hey Dave, where did you connect the USB and the AUX cable to? back of the HU or there's a existing cable to connect to?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IxWRXxI View Post
    Hey Dave, where did you connect the USB and the AUX cable to? back of the HU or there's a existing cable to connect to?

Thanks
    The AVIC-Z140BH HU I have has a USB and Aux connector that these two cables plug into. I installed universal cables instead of installing the AVIC-Z140BH proprietary cables to that plate so I could switch out HU easily if I ever needed to.

did you plug into the cable they provided then from that cable you plug into the HU? I got x940bt and looking at the picture right now they are the same from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by IxWRXxI View Post
    did you plug into the cable they provided then from that cable you plug into the HU? I got x940bt and looking at the picture right now they are the same from behind.
    usb extension > HU USB cable > HU
    4 pole AUX extention > HU aux cable > HU

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.