naked_dave's 2012 DGM WRX Premium - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on naked_dave's 2012 DGM WRX Premium within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I love to see all the process how you mod your WRX. I can see my future plans for moding ...

I love to see all the process how you mod your WRX. I can see my future plans for moding mine too. Thanks for sharing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GOMEZ View Post
    Damn, that Yakima stuff ain't cheap. Looks good though.
    Yeahhhh, it isn't the cheapest. I kind of wanted to get an Access Port with that money…

Quote Originally Posted by ahkei View Post
    I love to see all the process how you mod your WRX. I can see my future plans for moding mine too. Thanks for sharing.
    You're mighty welcome and good luck on your mods! One you start it's very hard to stop lol.

Quote Originally Posted by naked_dave1 View Post
    Yeahhhh, it isn't the cheapest. I kind of wanted to get an Access Port with that money…

You're mighty welcome and good luck on your mods! One you start it's very hard to stop lol.

Lol, I know, that's why I am here to learn since I am still new to Subaru family.

Did you ever figure out the issue with the front shifter bushings? I plan on installing mine this weekend...
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Did you ever figure out the issue with the front shifter bushings? I plan on installing mine this weekend...
    Yes, there is/was a washer that was on there that I must have lost when taking it apart. I just got some washers to replace it and now it's 100% better.

You can see what I'm talking about in this photo.

I Support ClubWRX
    Coming along nicely. 2 recommendations:
    1) bump the clear bra to the top of your list, while your bumper still looks nice
    2) take those hideous trucker mudflaps off
    Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Coming along nicely. 2 recommendations:
    1) bump the clear bra to the top of your list, while your bumper still looks nice
    2) take those hideous trucker mudflaps off
    Thank you.

1) The more I think about it the less I want the clear bra. My car is outside all the time and I've heard that it can turn yellow over time. And when I do take it off I'll have two different shades of paint.
    2) To each his own. I love the way they look. And they serve a purpose for me, mostly in the winter.

Just got a used Cobb AccessPORT. I was headed to an auto parts store to get stuff to change my oil and there was a 2011 WRX parked in the lot. It belonged to one of the workers and we started talking. He said was selling the AccessPORT and going open source. I was interested and got it for $500.

Went with the stock 93 Stage 1 map. It really helped smooth out the power and now is more fun to drive!
    I'll be getting an Cobb intake and downpipe to go Stage 2 in the next week or two. I would highly recommend getting an AccessPORT or an open source solution, the stock map is not that fun.

Just put on the Lamin-x Tail Light Covers in Gunsmoke this weekend. The lights have some complex curves and it was a pita to put them on. There are a few small, not really noticeable bubbles, and a few little wrinkles on the top. I might look for a painted solution in the future. But, for now I think it looks 100% better than stock. Now I just have to get a tinted license plate cover.

How do you like the new Cobb STS and Kartboy bushings? I was thinking of getting that same setup since the shifting in these cars is not the greatest. I like the idea of adjustability of the Cobb. More noticable gear whine w the bushings?
    2012 WR Blue WRX

Quote Originally Posted by rikkyb30 View Post
    How do you like the new Cobb STS and Kartboy bushings? I was thinking of getting that same setup since the shifting in these cars is not the greatest. I like the idea of adjustability of the Cobb. More noticable gear whine w the bushings?
    I love them, much more precise shifting than stock. I would highly recommend them, it was one of my first mods. I got the Cobb shifter because of the adjustability as I didn't know what I'd like for how short of a shift and knob height. And I just re-adjusted it the other day. Also, what's nice, if you have a shift knob with some sort of graphics on top that you can't get straight you can just adjust the shifter to fix it. As for gear whine, there is more but not really annoying to me. You hear it the most in 1st and 2nd. Any open windows or exhaust covers it up.

Love the shift knob. Coming along nicely. Don't rule out Torqued Performance tunes for the AP. They are more aggressive and get a lot more out of the car.
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    Love the shift knob. Coming along nicely. Don't rule out Torqued Performance tunes for the AP. They are more aggressive and get a lot more out of the car.
    Thank you! And that's on my list once I go stage 2.

Cleaned the interior of my car and I remembered seeing a mod on a forum that takes out the bolster to have the seat hug you better. It's 100% reversible and since I'm a skinner guy the seats don't hug me very well, so I decided to try it out.

This should have been the first thing I done when I got the car. The seat holds me in tighter now when I take corners and over all feels better.

The bolster

Seat Unzipped

Bolster Removed

The seat thing is actually really cool! Do you have any more information on how you got it out? A link to the forum where you got the idea? This is one of my complaints about the seats as well and I think this is something I would definitely enjoy!