Hybrid to WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hybrid to WRX within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had the feeling I should start posting some pictures of my car. I came from a 2011 Honda CRZ ...

Hybrid to WRX

I had the feeling I should start posting some pictures of my car. I came from a 2011 Honda CRZ to my 2011 WRX Premium Hatch in Satin White Pearl. The CRZ was amazing for what it was and felt a lot different from other hybrids. However, the car gave out about a month after ownership at a hospital. The car was stock except for a MUGEN badge lol. Anyway, I had the car towed to the dealership where I bought it from and they said that the battery had died. Kinda surprising that a battery gave out that quick on a brand new car.. They replaced the battery under warranty and left my car out in front. It was pouring rain that day and the service tech left both of my windows open and there was actual mud all over the floor mat, door handle, shifter, part of the driver's seat, and steering wheel. Water had gotten all over the seats and door panels.

I decided to trade in the CRZ for a more spacious and reliable car with AWD, even though Hondas are suppose to be quite reliable. I looked around at a '10 Lancer Evolution formerly owned by a Detroit Tiger's player. It had an exhaust and full tints with around 20,000 miles for $29,9XX. Dealership would not budge at all so I thought decided on a brand new 2011 Evo X in Octane Blue for $33,XXX. Insurance would have been crazier than what it was for the CRZ. My dad told me to check out the Impreza a few days later due to it's AWD. HOnestly, the Impreza looked really plain compared to the STi and my soon to be WRX they had. Went in for a test drive and came out with a deal for a brand new WRX Premium.

I was still getting use to the car so my saleswoman put up a sign on the back.

I decided to try on some HID's to see how it would look with the Halogen Projectors. Took them off right away.. The 8000K looked really nice and I thought about retrofitting headlamps, but I haven't had much time recently.

I've added:

LED Switchback Turn Signals
    LED DRLs
    WC Lathewerks Titanium Shift Knob
    Cobb Accessport Stage 1
    Cobb SF Intake (Taken off for now)

Coming Soon:
    15% Tints (Excluding Windshield)
    Tail Light Overlays
    Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
    Custom Decals
    Vanity Plate

The car is beyond dirty.. I cleaned the interior and have to wait to get my damages fixed before a car wash. I'll be adding more soon!
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Thats too bad about your Honda. We bought a 2011 Insight last year and have had great success with it. Its surprisingly good in snow thanks in part to the super skinny tires.

Solid choice on the WRX. I test drove the CRZ and liked it a lot, but my wife needed something more practical, and the insight is basically the same drivetrain sans the manual option (hers does have the paddle shifting CVT, though). I tried to get her to look at a WRX wagon or Forester XT, but she liked the Insight the best by far.

Welcome!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Thanks! I really liked the Insight concept much better than the production model, but I hear those get AMAZING MPG.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

I Support ClubWRX
    Okay, I'm coming out. I doubted...I wondered...I denied. In 2008 I sneered. But here I am, revealing my feelings for what they really are.

The new WRX's are hot. I like'em. So there.

(Nice car!)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    That sign is awesome!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Okay, I'm coming out. I doubted...I wondered...I denied. In 2008 I sneered. But here I am, revealing my feelings for what they really are.

The new WRX's are hot. I like'em. So there.

(Nice car!)
    aww,we love you too Ray.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Besides the saleswoman's emasculation I approve of everything here, especially the batteries failing on the CRZ.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Installed my lugs last week, but one of the lugs on the wheel that was replaced by the collision shop wouldn't come off. I bought some WD-40 so hopefully it'll come off during the weekend when I get to it. Dropped my car off at the tint shop in the morning today. I thought 5% would be too dark so I decided on 15%. It's actually 18% film though. I had the shop order some paint protectant film or whatever it's called for the tail lights. I'm going for the same style as the blue bat overlays but in black like the Nightshades. Should be here by tomorrow or Friday and installed by the weekend.

I picked purple for the lugs to please the girlfriend.. IMO, it looks pretty good. I don't like black lugs or wheels, too many people have them. So both sides win!
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.