Two Tone 09 WRX. Pics and story so far.......
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Two Tone 09 WRX. Pics and story so far....... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all/any. Here's a couple of pics of my 09 WRX. Bought as a rebuild end of 2010 with 11k ...

Two Tone 09 WRX. Pics and story so far.......

Hi all/any.

Here's a couple of pics of my 09 WRX. Bought as a rebuild end of 2010 with 11k up. Then got hit with monster hail in Tennessee last year (shattered the glass!) so we were worried the insurance co would want to write the car off (again). Luckily they finally came up with a nice big check to repair it

I came up with the two tone paint idea as nearly all the damage was above the body line. We had a paintless dent repair outfit pull the few below, and filled the rest. Roof took a lot of work, but at a fraction of the cost of replacing. Carbon hood was a no brainer, really. Toyed around with white as a top color, but finally picked a DGM that sat well with the carbon. Car is all grey from the front and all black from the rear. Black wheels was the only way to go. We are running skinny 16" Enkei rims with Nokian winter rubber at the mo, with 18x8s and slightly oversized 235/40 summer performance Contis waiting for the snow to melt.

Got a pro tune done at Ziptie Dynowerks in SLC. We are up at Park City doing a lot of our driving over a mile up, so thin air is a problem power wise. Still, we have a bunch of empty mountain roads with good vis, so we can use what we got most of the time. 260whp with just a $50 intake and colder plugs, and a bunch more torque lower down. Cheap power! This year I am going to look for some more. Next bump won't be as cheap, obviously. Probably a catback and a TMIC and then more time on the dyno. 300whp would be a nice goal......

Probably get a mild tint on the glass and maybe do something with the chrome trim. That strip on the back is awful (to my eyes). Would like to lower the front slightly. Don't see anyone else doing this, so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Will only go an inch, we are 3 miles down a dirt road. Most other sporty sedans have a more arse up stance. If it speeds up the steering a little I won't be crying either.

Anyways, that's the plan. Hope you like, etc!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000526.jpg   P1000534.jpg   P1000525.jpg   P1000934.jpg   P1000937.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

interesting color combination...its subtle, I give it a

you def wont see another one like it, thats for sure
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Subaru fast and furious
    Google that.
    I do like your subtle colors but films really killed it for a lot of cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    After looking at it a few times...I think it is well done. I would have just done the grey by itself, but it does look good
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Google fast and furious? Is that like google lemon and party? I was born at night, but not last night.......

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmo View Post
    Google fast and furious? Is that like google lemon and party? I was born at night, but not last night.......
    lol no, he is talking about this...

Attachment 102439
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

yea, i meant another legitimate looking subaru with 2tone lol
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

haha now thats true. Totally agree with you on that man.

From your pics, yours looks to be more on the subtle side than that other one, I think I like it
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thanks for your kind words, etc. I'm liking it too, it's a fun do anything/everything car and easy to live with. After browsing around on this site I think the to-do-list is getting longer.......

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I came here expecting the worst, but it's not so bad.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont like how they dropped the front down like that with the body line, but the color combo looks kinda cool.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    sweet paint job, blend pretty well, from some angles you cant tell its two toned.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I like the color combos...I think it looks great

Look into Stage 2 with a downpipe, not just a catback...then get retuned. You'll see 300whp (adjusted for altitude perhaps).

Many people get rid of the chrome strip in the rear. It is quite an eyesore on a dark car. I believe there is a carbon-fiber piece that replaces it that could set off the hood nicely.

If you're going to do some mild springs in the front, may as well do the back too (springs come in 4s anyway...) You don't have a RWD drag car. It would probably look awkward. If you'd like to sure up the handling, look into some swaybars and endlinks for the front and rear to go with the mild drop, then have a good alignment done after that install
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

no, stop

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.