Just blew a few 100 $
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

This is a discussion on Just blew a few 100 $ within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought kartboy STS AEM CAI Upper Grill from grill craft (Already have lower) Turbo xs 50/50 bpv Prosport Halo ...

  1. #1
    Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Plantation, Florida, United States
    Posts
    346

    Just blew a few 100 $

    Just bought
    kartboy STS
    AEM CAI
    Upper Grill from grill craft (Already have lower)
    Turbo xs 50/50 bpv
    Prosport Halo series boost gauge
    Chrome blinker lights
    Shark fin antenna

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Plantation, Florida, United States
    Posts
    346
    Lets hear what and when you buy !!!

  4. #3
    Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eh, whaaaaa?
    Posts
    3,855
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats, though I'd say you pretty much wasted money on that BPV. No offense, of course. That CAI won't really do anything for you at all unless you have a tune for it, in fact I wouldn't even use it until you do have a tune for it.

    As for me, I just put in the order for some BC coilovers (entry level, nothing spectacular), they'll help me with my drive for suspension knowledge and the price is right. Going to order a new clutch and flywheel as well as timing belt kit soon, and when spring/summer rolls around some new Dunlop Star Specs for all around DD and autocross usage. Going to be a good year for my car.

    Looks like it'll be a good year for yours too
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

    Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

  5. #4
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    BPV wasn't a waste of $$ 08+ oem is garbage cody


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  6. #5
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    Today I actually ordered the following:

    For the 11:

    Coilovers
    18x8.5 rota grids
    Kartboy holy shift
    Kartboy pitch stop
    Engine and trans mounts

    I haven't decided on exhaust yet, I also haven't decided what or if an intake, also have not decided on tires.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  7. #6
    Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eh, whaaaaa?
    Posts
    3,855
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    BPV wasn't a waste of $$ 08+ oem is garbage cody
    That's one thing that I hadn't read yet. Did Subaru cheap out even more on the stock BPV's?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

    Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

  8. #7
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    absolutely.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  9. #8
    Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eh, whaaaaa?
    Posts
    3,855
    I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting. Off to research I go!
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

    Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

  10. #9
    Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Plantation, Florida, United States
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Congrats, though I'd say you pretty much wasted money on that BPV. No offense, of course. That CAI won't really do anything for you at all unless you have a tune for it, in fact I wouldn't even use it until you do have a tune for it.

    As for me, I just put in the order for some BC coilovers (entry level, nothing spectacular), they'll help me with my drive for suspension knowledge and the price is right. Going to order a new clutch and flywheel as well as timing belt kit soon, and when spring/summer rolls around some new Dunlop Star Specs for all around DD and autocross usage. Going to be a good year for my car.

    Looks like it'll be a good year for yours too
    Congrads on the buy.

  11. #10
    Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Plantation, Florida, United States
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Today I actually ordered the following:

    For the 11:

    Coilovers
    18x8.5 rota grids
    Kartboy holy shift
    Kartboy pitch stop
    Engine and trans mounts

    I haven't decided on exhaust yet, I also haven't decided what or if an intake, also have not decided on tires.
    Have you looked at the nameless catback?

  12. #11
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have the nameless axleback currently


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clackamas Or
    Posts
    14
    Is the shark fin funtional, if so where did you get it. Was it easy to install, the antenna wire is like a coax type right. How was the reception after cutting that wire?

    The plastic 08+ BPV is good up to 19 psi.

  14. #13
    Gold Member lokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Crofton, MD
    Posts
    2,177
    I Support ClubWRX
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

    Greg

    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

  15. #14
    Gold Member lokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Crofton, MD
    Posts
    2,177
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Black beast View Post
    The plastic 08+ BPV is good up to 19 psi.
    Nah, more like 16.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

    Greg

    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

  16. #15
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Black beast View Post
    Is the shark fin funtional, if so where did you get it. Was it easy to install, the antenna wire is like a coax type right. How was the reception after cutting that wire?

    The plastic 08+ BPV is good up to 19 psi.
    Hah.. No, unfortunately not even that pressure..


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •