My New Project
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on My New Project within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just traded in my last project (that I owed a ton of money on - more than it was ...

My New Project

I just traded in my last project (that I owed a ton of money on - more than it was worth) and walked out with this, title in hand, debt free. I think the dealership just wanted it off their lot since it leaks so many different fluids lol They pretty much paid me to take it.

Whoever had this car before me drove it a LOT - I mean 260,000+ miles a lot - and really didn't take very good care of it. The paint has pretty much been sandblasted off of it. The list of things wrong with it is much longer than the list of things that work. One day this car will be happy and beautiful! Until then this is what the poor thing looks like.

I am so excited about this project and can not wait to get going!

Here is my (favorite car so far) 2002 WRX

First thing on the list... a new engine!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Bugeye resurrections are always fun to watch! Good luck!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I know its just a basic camera phone pic of the top of an engine, but it actually doesn't look in bad shape.

Its like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree of WRXs

Subscribed for build out!

What are your plans?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I know its just a basic camera phone pic of the top of an engine, but it actually doesn't look in bad shape.

Its like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree of WRXs

Subscribed for build out!

What are your plans?
    Check engine light came on when I test drove it - #2 cylinder misfire. Compression test - 30, 60, 120, 130. Lots of gas in the oil. Valve seals are leaking really bad. It is leaking power steering fluid and has a boost leak somewhere. Plus it has over 260,000 miles on it. It's just tired!

Other than that it's not in as bad of shape as I originally thought. Once I get a new engine in there it won't be so bad. Really needs some body work and paint and some interior work.

It's an automatic, which was a requirement for me (I've heard it all - I still want an automatic!).

My plans will probably change 100 times as I go. I don't want to build it super aggressive, just happy. I don't mind modding it a little, but I'm going to keep it fairly mild. I basically just want it happy and healthy! It will never be a show car, but it sure as hell will never look like this again!

I say that now, but knowing myself I'll get carried away and build it up all crazy. I like to wing it, so it's a surprise to everyone including me!

I want to paint it sparkly like a bass boat but my boyfriend said that would be an embarrassment to the car. lol I've always wanted a sparkly car, but somehow I always get talked out of it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Fun
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh boy I see $$$$ but lots of fun too. As long as it is a labor of love, its a good use of money. That rear quarter doesn't look too bad, I could fix it. Whats bad on those corners is when someone hits a post at the body crease center of the wheel well. Then they are not soo fun to fix.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    rad

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Slowly starting to collect parts I'm hoping to have everything by the time the engine is ready to go in. It'll be easier just to replace everything when I do the engine swap. For now I just park it over a huge drip pan to collect the mess.

I've decided to just get the car to perfect running condition as cheap as possible (used stock parts) and then dump all of my money into it to make it fun. This is going to be a very long (and totally awesome) project!

I changed the oil yesterday and it's full of metal. It looked sparkly (awesome!) but it made me feel really bad for this poor engine...

Considering all the issues it has it starts every morning and drives me to work and back without any problems (if you don't mind the smell of gas and the smoke and the burning smell at stop lights).

hahaha the fact that you're driving it to work and back as it smells of gas and smoke as well as the oil being full of metal, is not a good thing. Do you not have another car for a DD?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Well if you don't mind spending the money, I'd love to see this thing resurrected. But it will be pricey $$
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    hahaha the fact that you're driving it to work and back as it smells of gas and smoke as well as the oil being full of metal, is not a good thing. Do you not have another car for a DD?
    Nope. I'm hoping this one will hold out until the engine gets here.

The gas smell is from the fuel rail. The Subaru dealership said the smoke is from the power steering fluid leaking, but it smells like burning oil to me. The valve seals are leaking for sure. It only smokes after I drive for awhile then sit at a light and it doesn't smoke so much that anyone really notices but me. It just stinks.

I'm picking up a power steering rack today, but that won't be going in until the engine is ready.

I bought a nice new fire extinguisher and always have it within reach.

zax
    What engine did you order?

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    What engine did you order?
    I'm just getting a used ej205. I'm working on getting one shipped here now. I've found a few locally, but they were purchased at auctions and nobody knows anything about them.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    I'm just getting a used ej205. I'm working on getting one shipped here now. I've found a few locally, but they were purchased at auctions and nobody knows anything about them.
    Right, the EJ205 would be the only engine that bolts-up. I was thinking more along the lines of how many miles, from which year, etc.

Facebook me here

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast