From 09 to 2011 wrx build :) - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on From 09 to 2011 wrx build :) within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 11blackwrx Wow really? Yeah. For a few guys that have tested it with air flow meters it ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    Wow really?
    Yeah. For a few guys that have tested it with air flow meters it cuts down flow. I may remove my lower grill for summer since the summer heat is so much higher. Ill just keep an eye on my intake air temp since I'm blow through and take it a step at a time.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    so im not sure im happy today. Blackstone says one thing but my 09 reports say another. am i over thinking this? anyways just wanted to post this up.

my first report on my 09 was with Mobil 1 5w30 and this was the 4th oil change at 9k. the oil before was Mobil 1 5w30, the oil before that was regular Valvoline 5w30 and the first oil change was also Valvoline 5w30. from 9k on ward i only used Redline 5w30.

my new report is obviously at 7k and new Redline 5w40 and this is its 3rd oil change. oil before was Redline 5w30 and oil before that was Redline 5w30.

i told blackstone a lot of tuning went on during this oil; like 20 full throttle runs at least. thing is though some tuning went on with all the 09 oil too.

im just shocked how much aluminium and copper the 11 has as the 09 never got that high. im also weirded out why the Molybdenum is so much lower. i wonder if its the 5w40.

Banned
    decided to do my 5th grill tonight. i dont know if ill ever get a true functioning rear diffuser so i wanted to get rid of the rear parachute we call a bumper. now looking under the car the spare tire compartment does have a 1" lip coming off of it at an angle. this is so air hits the lip and gets blasted under the bumper and not up into the bumper. the problem is a ton of air still gets up in there from the sides and everywhere else. and i know this because its very dirty in there, lots of dirty water splashes from one side of the bumper to the other.

now im hoping this acts to let some of the air escape and not create so much drag. there's no way to measure this but i think it looks good it better than nothing.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think I like it. Pics from further away?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I think I like it. Pics from further away?
    not at the moment, its going to look just like factory though because you wont see the grating, just a black spot.

I Support ClubWRX
    your intercooler mesh screen.....brilliant idea. but are those zipties holding it on? lol....that's what it looks for the last pic

Banned
    They are. I'd imagine the grillcraft is held on with nuts and bolts, either way it's invasive.

Banned
    finally got the lip i always wanted. i dont know what it is about HT Auto in the UK but i love the look of their stuff! problem is they are so expensive, specially because of shipping. well...now they have a US dealer finally. the lip shipped was almost $60 cheaper than its ever been before.

the fit and supplies and finish are amazing!! its like a OEM piece. all the holes are pre-drilled and 6 or 7 of them use the OEM type plastic pop rivet things that hold our bumpers to the car and those holes use the OEM holes. that means no aligning yourself! just pop them in and your done! simple as can be. they also come with 7 washers, nuts and bolts to drill into your bumper if you want to really make it secure and close off any gaps you see.

and to boot i hope it provides some down force from its down turned angle. what i think im going to do now is make an aluminium skid guard/front splitter kind of thing. i want the air flow under the car to act like a race car since ill be tracking one day. basically from the lip to the front axle will be a solid plate smooth as a babies butt. im sure ill use more then 3 mounting locations but ill start off using the 3 OEM mounting locations for the OEM under tray. i will just built it in sections and add long hollow tubes and then get very long 12mm bolts to hold it on. i hope the pictures explain what this will look like!

I Support ClubWRX
    that lips sweet, how much was it? i think i looked into those at one time and they were pricey
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Banned
    $260 from the US dealer. normally they are $315 right now with the exchange rate.

Banned
    so i decided to go a different route with the current motor set up. someone showed me some interesting things about blow through i never seen before. i knew the MAF volts, g/sec, boost and AFR were all a little wacky from it but i didnt know how much. im still not convinced that anything was dangerous because the car ran like a dream!! but because im OCD i needed everything to be perfect and smooth!!

so today i swapped my blow through 3" MAF housing over to my CAI and added a large nipple to my TXS RFL BOV and a spot on the CAI. i still need to paint and re-shorten my MAF wire harness. but the install went ok and i like the way it turned out.

so far we have just been working on the MAF scaling since it was setup for BT and now its a 73mm big CAI. tomorrow i will be doing some WOT runs hopefully and we will see if i gain/lose any power. one thing i do know for sure is the maps will look 100 times better!!

here is my boost, my AFR and engine load, and MAF volts

here is what a normal draw through setups should look like, big difference!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
    $260 from the US dealer. normally they are $315 right now with the exchange rate.
    whats the site for the us dealer? i only found the htauto.co.uk
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    whats the site for the us dealer? i only found the htauto.co.uk
    Go to 3gwrx.com and look up the vender SMY. He's the guy that makes the OEM looking dual cluster bazel.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
    Go to 3gwrx.com and look up the vender SMY. He's the guy that makes the OEM looking dual cluster bazel.
    cool thanks
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Hey what size tap did you use for the shift knob? Diameter an thread pitch?

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.