From 09 to 2011 wrx build :) - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on From 09 to 2011 wrx build :) within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey I really like your shift knob - can you post some installed pictures?...

hey
    I really like your shift knob - can you post some installed pictures?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    This might have been covered on the site somewhere but I can't find it. What is the advantage of a rotated intake manifold?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox
    This might have been covered on the site somewhere but I can't find it. What is the advantage of a rotated intake manifold?
    Shorter I/C piping is the main one
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Shorter I/C piping is the main one
    So less heat soak?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    So less heat soak?
    less pressure drop and better performance

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by einsteigen View Post
    hey
    I really like your shift knob - can you post some installed pictures?

Banned
    well its been awhile. still messing with the winter tune just a tad. i guess its never done because the octane is always changing when running on the edge and it gives a little knock every now and again above 6k but damn it runs good and strong. thank you tuner! you know who you are!!!!

cant wait till summer! if i can get another degree or 2 of timing up top ill be so happy since it will be pushing 340 maybe even 350awhp! as for TQ im gonna crush it since we are going to try for another 2-4psi! i will be very happy however with just 340HP 400TQ.

ANYWAYS, Paul Walker stopped by the shop today, he says Hi!

its a JSP motorsport CF 55.5" long 10" high blade wing. i bought it off a guy for $150 because he bought a used 11 wrx and the previous owner had it on there. not sure why someone buys a car for only a few months, installs just a wing and then sells it; whatever. its retailed at $400 or $500 but JSP doesnt make them anymore, not sure why but hey i think i got a good deal.

install was so so. because the trunk is bowed and the mounting plates are flat i had to glue on rubber feet and then grind them down so they sit at an angle. took 2-3 hours taping, marking, cutting, drilling etc. over all im happy and should help on the track. only thing i dont like is i see why guys mount wings to the rear quarter panels; the trunk has a lot of flex because it sits on a rubber seal. not sure if this will hurt anything as 100's of guys do it that way but o well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey your in the Cleveland area right? Which tuner do you go to, I'm looking for a tuner for when I got to stage 2 and whatever else
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    Hey your in the Cleveland area right? Which tuner do you go to, I'm looking for a tuner for when I got to stage 2 and whatever else

PM me

Banned
    since i have a FMIC i heard that blocking off the scoop helps pull air through it. not sure if thats true but i did need to block it off! winter around here just makes the engine bay look like crap! blocking it off should help that and since i dont really like the look of a 2.5i hood and i didnt want to spend $100 on the Grillcraft i once again made my own. and with stuff laying around it was all free.

i did the same as the lower grill, used 1/8" steel round bar, bent it into the shape of the scoop, then welded the ends together. then i cut out a piece of plastic and used stainless steel safety wire to secure it to the round bar. i just used the safety wire to punch little baby holes after i heated up a piece with a candle. then i used more wire and more holes to secure the grill stuff to the plastic. because the wire is like 0.030" you cant see any of it and its super strong stuff. last i just plastic dip painted it and done. O, also made 4 tiny holes again behind the block off on both sides of the scoop and tied it down. its pretty stiff! i will use black RTV silcone behind the block off and make it 100% air tight. right now though its like 95% blocked off.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    I would think leaving that open would help keep the engine cool
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Banned
    sitting still yes it does.

I Support ClubWRX
    ive been thinking of making a grill for mine to help keep rocks and crap out, not blocking it off since i still have the TMIC
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Banned
    i wouldnt only because blocking off will hurt air flow. its something like a 30% loss and since the TMIC is already small and gets heat soak, i wouldnt add to that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
    i wouldnt only because blocking off will hurt air flow. its something like a 30% loss and since the TMIC is already small and gets heat soak, i wouldnt add to that.
    Wow really?
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ